Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly, you're not wrong about what you've noticed, but realistically speaking it's more because child actors are generally terrible at acting

when you see a kid in a movie or tv show that isn't obnoxious, that's because they found an actual good child actor

I loving hated Tin Star, but they did one thing right as far as characters played by child actors go.

That was one of the worst child actors I’d ever seen, too. It was supposed to be a horrifying moment but I haven’t been that relived to see a child character killed off since Walking Dead S2. The show still sucked without him though

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
After discussing it with my wife just now, it may very well have been her lady doctor who delivered my son who asked me for consent. Sometimes women can be lovely to women too. :shrug:

It reminded me of when we rushed her in when her water broke at 26 weeks and every time I left the room to get something from the car or the cafeteria the nurses would apparently come in and ask her if I beat her thus causing her water to break so early. Women in those situations may fear for their lives so I 100% support what they did. It was still weird knowing that everyone thought I was (possibly) a monster though.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Rhyno posted:

A 54 year old dude I work with knocked up his ladyfriend and she's expecting twins. Can you imagine being that careless and stupid?

lmfao

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember when the MASH sets were being released on VHS and spending probably that much (or more) on the box set of the first season. Still worth it too.

There was a recent article on MASH given the 35th anniversary of the final episode, a very good read: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/mash-oral-history-untold-stories-one-tvs-important-shows-1086322

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rhyno posted:

And also in reality children are soul sucking monsters that ruin your goddamn life and your home and you can't own anything nice or go on a nice vacation or have a sports car

that's only if you care about their wellbeing tho :c00lbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Not a sociopath, I may hate kids but i dont enjoy seeing them suffer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is 68 Whiskey any good I keep seeing ads and my first thought is "lovely Mash"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
anyone who is wondering what kind of direction Avenue 5 was going to go, uh, the most recent leaked episode, uh... :stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pick posted:

anyone who is wondering what kind of direction Avenue 5 was going to go, uh, the most recent leaked episode, uh... :stare:

What happens?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
people are dying now

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Not a sociopath, I may hate kids but i dont enjoy seeing them suffer.

My family thinks there's something wrong with me that I'm 43 with no kids and no desire to have kids. They're also really impressed at how successful I've been and the nice house I own and how I'm not drowning in debt. There is a correlation there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm terribly irresponsible with money, I just can afford to be.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Pick posted:

people are dying now

Im assuming its worse than the first couple episodes?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

Watched the first episode of Breeders and Martin Freeman’s character feels like he should be played by Gervais. A lot of the phrasing is extremely Gervais-esque. Dude’s a jackass but he could play this character better than Freeman can.

Does FX air it completely uncensored? In some scenes every 2nd word is ‘gently caress’. I liked the first episode, will keep watching.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Pick loves Avenue 5 really obsessively for reasons I can’t personally comprehend at all

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does FX air it completely uncensored? In some scenes every 2nd word is ‘gently caress’. I liked the first episode, will keep watching.

Watched a web version so idk!!!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Pick loves Avenue 5 really obsessively for reasons I can’t personally comprehend at all

I have been so let down by that show, it’s one of those things I expected to love but has fallen flat on basically every level.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I would assume FX would air it uncensored, there were "fucks" in American Horror Story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have been so let down by that show, it’s one of those things I expected to love but has fallen flat on basically every level.

It's just so unlike everything Ianucci's ever done, I get wanting to break out of the same old same old but at the same time, stick to your strengths man.

Of course, I can also understand not really wanting to do political satirical comedy anymore given, you know, all this poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

I would assume FX would air it uncensored, there were "fucks" in American Horror Story.

Awesome, what a big change it’s been over the last few years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1235565948276359169

:eyepop:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope it doesn’t use up too much of his time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

established characters have begun spacing themselves

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Dahl seems like a great fit for Taika's comedic sensibilities. And having a pacific islander taking on a story about a race of native peoples who are displaced to work for a white savior is probably the only possible good angle.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

It's just so unlike everything Ianucci's ever done, I get wanting to break out of the same old same old but at the same time, stick to your strengths man.

Of course, I can also understand not really wanting to do political satirical comedy anymore given, you know, all this poo poo.

The only things I knew going in were Hugh Laurie and I guess that guy who made Veep, a show I didn't get into, made it.

I think it's a pretty good show that I enjoy and I don't really get why it's so actively disliked here. I mean, I get it, people wanted Veep again, but I don't really get it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

The only things I knew going in were Hugh Laurie and I guess that guy who made Veep, a show I didn't get into, made it.

I think it's a pretty good show that I enjoy and I don't really get why it's so actively disliked here. I mean, I get it, people wanted Veep again, but I don't really get it.

I think a big reason people aren't digging it is because it's entirely different from Veep/In The Loop so it makes sense to me that someone without those expectations would enjoy it more.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Wishing HBO would drop the new A5 ondemand so I can click these spoilers... :sweatdrop:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Also today's Hot Ones with Pete Davidson is the first time I've thought "I really hope they have an epi pen in the studio..." :lol:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bummed Magicians won't get a 6th season, seems like they could easily manage another and the show's continued to be good Q-less.

Oasx posted:

I am sorry for anyone losing a show they love, but I hope we get a proper tv adaptation of the books sometime. The show did a half-hearted attempt at following the first book in season 1, but it's pretty hard to do a show about magic when you only have a shoestring budget.

Speak of the devil, I was going through a re-watch and simultaneously looking back through the thread and it was very interesting to see the stuff you disliked as someone who liked the books and wanted it to be more like them. Did you ever watch the other seasons, IIRC you stopped posting about it after season 1. It gets even less-booky and grows into it's own thing and show pretty quickly, which I assume you'd hate.

I don't think budget really felt that limiting as the show went on either, they did more magic with fewer effects than magic shows with way more magic cgis to use.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s worth subbing to watch Perpetual Grace Ltd. idk about this one

Get the rhythm, get the rhythm, there you go, there you loving go, get the rhythm...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1235619786278572032

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oh

ok

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:suspense:
https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1235617886963564544?s=20
https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1235619439137001474?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I should finally get around to playing that. I've had it for years.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched story breakdown videos of Last of Us and Death Stranding on Youtube bc I’m incapable of playing single player games.

They were enjoyable.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Josh Lyman posted:

I watched story breakdown videos of Last of Us and Death Stranding on Youtube bc I’m incapable of playing single player games.

They were enjoyable.

Post them please. I do not have the gaming time I once had

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

STAC Goat posted:

I should finally get around to playing that. I've had it for years.
A good time to, too, as the 2nd one comes out in May!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Last of Us should be fairly easy to adapt for television. I assume they'll go big name for Joel but unknown for Ellie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well Amazon is bringing back Kids in the Hall.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Devs is out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the reviews weren't good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

Well Amazon is bringing back Kids in the Hall.

As a massive fan of it when it was first popping up on Comedy Central that could go reaaaaaaaal bad.