Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

Is this a sign that it's ok to talk some poo poo?

Whether Bernie has a chance against Trump is a separate issue. Biden for sure has none, and the billionaires who own the Democratic party are fine with this. Just look at how everyone except Warren dropped out at exactly the right time. She's in it still just to steal votes from Bernie. They all got together in a dark room filled with smoke and stacks of dollar bills and wall street cronies and made a deal to keep Trump president, just to deny Americans health care.

She dropped out like 20 minutes after this post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah after she hosed up the Texas primary

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Henchman of Santa posted:

She dropped out like 20 minutes after this post lol

Ok thanks for doing it after it would've mattered. Maybe someone will forget and forgive.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
your political system is a sham

your country is built on lies

your democracy is trash, it isnt real

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zzulu posted:

your political system is a sham

your country is built on lies

your democracy is trash, it isnt real

lol, yeah

I literally have never had any representation in government

lol

:smith:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not one of these "i hate politics, it doesn't matter" idiots but people in here get very hyperbolic about politics in a way i find very irritating.

Was the same during the UK general elections. As if Labour getting in power would lead to money on trees and a cure for cancer. You shouldn't hinge your mood on political results.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It is hard to not get swept up in the momentum when there's a glimmer of hope.

I do think the fact that the DNC has collectively poo poo a brick two presidential cycles in a row over Sanders is a very strong endorsement of him as a candidate. They really don't want to even chance him.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also in the UK you have a parliament so it's not really the same as our completely poo poo electoral system

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hawowanlawow posted:

also in the UK you have a parliament so it's not really the same as our completely poo poo electoral system

And a queen. So elections don't matter as much over there because their head of state was literally chosen by god to rule them

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
God is real, he is just, and he chooses our leaders. This is why our president is Donald Trump.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

And a queen. So elections don't matter as much over there because their head of state was literally chosen by god to rule them

If she ever tries to flex some of the muscle she officially still has we will finally roll the guillotines out of storage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm not one of these "i hate politics, it doesn't matter" idiots but people in here get very hyperbolic about politics in a way i find very irritating.

Was the same during the UK general elections. As if Labour getting in power would lead to money on trees and a cure for cancer. You shouldn't hinge your mood on political results.

One of the candidates was actually promising free money.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who exactly is the other chimp here :confused:

Anyway it's by colour then size.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sassassin posted:

If she ever tries to flex some of the muscle she officially still has we will finally roll the guillotines out of storage.

lmao you absolutely will not.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's only a matter of time before the uk gets a lovely spoiled Trump monarch and all the prestige is spoiled

My grandmother got offended when I said this lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I mean, you guys did see that Prince Andrew interview, right? That wasn't censored in the UK by order of the Crown, was it? That happened, and you guys were like, yeah that's fine. We all still believe that family has special blood and the divine right to rule over us.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not trying to vote in utopia we’re trying to dispel an evil lich. Which autocorrect is suggesting I spell as ‘Koch’ for some reason.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

lmao you absolutely will not.

So you think that if the Queen say refused to give Royal Assent to make a bill into law or dissolve a parliament we would all bow down and accept it? She's a figurehead whose practical role is maintained because removing it would take more effort and paperwork than it's worth, since many of our laws and procedures were established when a monarch actually did still have genuine authority.

If Charles decides to play dictator when (if) he ever takes the throne we'll bin the lot of them. None of them have nearly as much public goodwill built up as the Queen herself.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The last time a monarch refused to give Royal Assent was in 1708 for anyone not bothering to google it like I did.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sassassin posted:

So you think that if the Queen say refused to give Royal Assent to make a bill into law or dissolve a parliament we would all bow down and accept it? She's a figurehead whose practical role is maintained because removing it would take more effort and paperwork than it's worth, since many of our laws and procedures were established when a monarch actually did still have genuine authority.

If Charles decides to play dictator when (if) he ever takes the throne we'll bin the lot of them. None of them have nearly as much public goodwill built up as the Queen herself.

Yeah I'm sure.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Y’all just elected the sloppy version of Donald Trump.

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
no clue if this is actually unpopular, but chimps are hosed up and horrifying.

I'm not one of those weirdos who watches baby monkey torture videos. but I definitely don't want one near me irl.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gripweed posted:

I mean, you guys did see that Prince Andrew interview, right? That wasn't censored in the UK by order of the Crown, was it? That happened, and you guys were like, yeah that's fine. We all still believe that family has special blood and the divine right to rule over us.
Prince Andrew is not and never will be King. If he were not a prince he would still be exceptionally rich. He has no special powers or authority on the basis of his royal status.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He has a special title

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Whoria Discordia posted:

no clue if this is actually unpopular, but chimps are hosed up and horrifying.

I'm not one of those weirdos who watches baby monkey torture videos. but I definitely don't want one near me irl.

Is this based on the one that went apeshit and bit all the face and fingers and junk off a guy?

They’re exceptionally strong and come from a proud warrior culture. That they mostly play nice with humans is a testament to their intelligence.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I have a sneaking suspicion that chimps have sex and that bonobos murder, and that the only difference is that bonobos are just much better at PR

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

God is real, he is just, and he chooses our leaders. This is why our president is Donald Trump.

Hey bucko this is the UNpopular opinion thread.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also gonna chime in and say unfortunately seems like it.

What the kids did to deserve him we haven’t yet learned but I can only assume it will be hellacious.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Post Your Personally Held Unpopular Opinion: No Politics or any of that poo poo

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Post Your Personally Held Unpopular Opinion: No Politics or any of that poo poo

Excuse me literally everything is political.

Content: Creamy peanut better is better than crunchy peanut butter.

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Peanut butter is dogshit both in taste and texture, no matter what form it takes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Seriously 2.0 posted:

Peanut butter is dogshit both in taste and texture, no matter what form it takes.

It's a waste of good peanuts.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I use peanut butter as a dip for pizza and it rules

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches are good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Every American who has ever said anything about food has been wrong and probably racistly wrong to boot.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I like peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, depends on my emotions in that moment) with cheddar cheese rolled up in a flour tortilla.

w/r/t peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, as a child I would have gone hungry rather than have anything other than grape jelly, but as an adult I have come to realize that strawberry is the only way to go (on white, with a glass of 2% milk)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

for me peanut butter is for making cheap filler meals that keep me alive but bring me no joy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Creamy peanut better is better than crunchy peanut butter.
Smooth peanut butter is fine, if obviously inferior to crunchy, but referring to it as "creamy" is just gross. What the gently caress is wrong with you, America? Why are you like this?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Every American who has ever said anything about food has been wrong

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Excuse me literally everything is political.

Content: Creamy peanut better is better than crunchy peanut butter.

This is the more popular opinion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm a member of the crunchy peanut butter master race and will apologize to no one for it's preordained superiority over the garbage creamy peanut butter of lessers.