Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Game mechanics idea: Cid should be the only character able to jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to also say the game is super easy from what I saw in the demo. I played both normal and classic, I think I didn't use any items,. Kinda hope the front of the game is just easy. I never finished ff7 but remember the start being actually hard and even this specific mission.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really don't think you can judge the difficulty of a game from a demo of literally the first level.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Also most Final Fantasy games are designed to be beaten by people who have literally never played a video game before.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ulio posted:

I'd like to also say the game is super easy from what I saw in the demo. I played both normal and classic, I think I didn't use any items,. Kinda hope the front of the game is just easy. I never finished ff7 but remember the start being actually hard and even this specific mission.

Lol the demo was loads harder than the OG reactor section.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
guard scorpion beat me like a drum in the demo, I won’t deny it

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdm82eAskeQ

Guard Scorpion is down to 2:36. Christ. That's quicker than an average fight with Guard Scorpion in the original (There's of course, limit cheese, but we're discounting that)

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e60f6e5547c9-guard-scorpion-comparison.php

I did a video mash up for anyone looking for a comparison

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 5, 2020

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdm82eAskeQ

Guard Scorpion is down to 2:36. Christ. That's quicker than an average fight with Guard Scorpion in the original (There's of course, limit cheese, but we're discounting that)

This is cool, I can’t wait for the full release and seeing people come up with crazy times for beating bosses

Also, I never really paid attention to how beat up the scorpion gets as the battle progresses - a really nice touch

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Does Barret not have a Limit Break in the demo? I haven't seen anyone use Big Shot.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ulio posted:

No, the first reactor is extremely easy in the original. This is already way harder than it was back then.

Also, the beginning of every game is easy, so I don't understand this critique at all.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

You remember it very, very wrong.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Does Barret not have a Limit Break in the demo? I haven't seen anyone use Big Shot.

It does, they’ve renamed Barrett’s though, it’s not called big shot for some reason

Used as a last attack on the boss and it ruled

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

He does, but a lot of limit build is based on damage taken and who you're controlling, so most people get it for Cloud first. I think whoever causes a stagger also gets a chunk of it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If it helps at all, at an early stage of development, the ladies were one woman. Tifa was split off later and given a portion of Aerith's plot beats.
And for an extra amusing little detail still present in the art design, Aerith and Sephiroth were going to be siblings at one point and this was supposed to be hinted at by their similar hairstyle ridges.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Played the remake demo with my girlfriend watching and it got her interested enough to play the original while I watched.

Man, FFVII is way easier than I remember it being when I was like seven. Way quicker too, made it out of Midgar in just a few sessions. That fight on the elevator haunts me to this day, but now all I can think about is having three bosses (including the one on the highway) weak to lightning back to back.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
gently caress I should just replay ffvii on the ps4 now shouldn't I...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hogama posted:

If it helps at all, at an early stage of development, the ladies were one woman. Tifa was split off later and given a portion of Aerith's plot beats.
And for an extra amusing little detail still present in the art design, Aerith and Sephiroth were going to be siblings at one point and this was supposed to be hinted at by their similar hairstyle ridges.

Their names are somewhat similar, huh?

Also, I remember hearing Yuffie was going to be a wanted Ex-Soldier or something whose skills changed depending on the bounty you read about her.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
For those of you without a ps4 are you going to watch a stream of the game or a no commentary lets play?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just gonna wait until it launches for PC and go blind.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Their names are somewhat similar, huh?

Also, I remember hearing Yuffie was going to be a wanted Ex-Soldier or something whose skills changed depending on the bounty you read about her.

Sephiros

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RatHat posted:

I hope they do more with Tifa’s master. Seemed like an interesting character but they did nothing with him.

Zagan was voiced by the original Kamen Rider so I hope Tifa does a Rider Kick.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sneak Lemming posted:

For those of you without a ps4 are you going to watch a stream of the game or a no commentary lets play?

I'll probably just watch a let's play. Hopefully Elentor's if he does one since that's why I reg'd in the first place.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Elentor's old LP is sooo good.

Also one of the few times I got probated, for accidentally spoiling stuff like a dumbass.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

It's true. There would be a bunch of wanted posters and the last one you had inspected when you recruited her would determine stats/skills/level. She was also going to steal your money to try and help Wutai (and still give it all back), and the sub-plot involves thwarting a Shinra spy's attempt to blow up the mountain and level Wutai to make way for a Mako Reactor.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Playstation Japan's Youtube channel has been uploading some FF7R stuff, btw. Pretty much liking all of what I've seen thus far.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FF7 is an incredibly easy game, and only gets easier as you go. Pretty sure it's the easiest FF game by a decent margin.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

precision posted:

FF7 is an incredibly easy game, and only gets easier as you go. Pretty sure it's the easiest FF game by a decent margin.

FFXV is by far the easiest game as it is virtually impossible to die, but they are all extremely easy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF13 borders on difficult at times. They ruined that for 13-2 though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually had trouble with several fights in FF15, in the later parts anyway. And some of the hunts are brutal

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

FF13 borders on difficult at times. They ruined that for 13-2 though.

Yeah 13 will straight up murder you if you don't play it right.

Lightning Returns is pretty tough, in addition to being the best

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FF8 has to be up there considering I completed a significant portion of the game not even knowing how to junction.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

FF8 has to be up there considering I completed a significant portion of the game not even knowing how to junction.

FF8’s difficulty only comes from the bizarrely poor in-game explanation of the (simple) mechanics.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

precision posted:

I actually had trouble with several fights in FF15, in the later parts anyway. And some of the hunts are brutal

A Menace Sleeps In Costlemark is an unholy terror, although admittedly that's because you aren't allowed to use items.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF8 is easy until you get to that boss who captures Rinoa when you've been using her all game and have to replace her with someone who is about level 4 and it's a forced fight at the start of disc.. 4? and there no way of going back and doing something else.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I replayed the original a bit after playing the demo and I wonder how they’re going to do the dialogue Cloud has in his own head.

Also you get a flashback to Cloud’s mom really fast. Hopefully they expand on her a bit, maybe even give her a name.

The bombing run makes it seem like they're just gonna skip the internal dialogue

I really hope they don't

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ulio posted:

... you can only play classic on easy, so did you play normal on hard? Because if you played it on easy and now you're complaining its too easy....

Its literally the first level of the game, dude. Its meant to be baby's first tutorial. So yeah, playing it over and over is gonna be a cake walk.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Speaking of tutorials, is it possible to disable them in the demo?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FF13 killed me because I didn't understand how staggering worked.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I didn't understand FF13's battle system at all until I had beaten it and started FF13-2. I don't think I used Sentinels once when I beat the first game.

Needless to say I struggled very badly in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Here's a completely stupid idea: What if there are two Sephiroths? Because the conversations in Cloud's brain during Disc 1 are relatively friendly, and show some empathy to the guy. And we see from the snippets in FFVII and Crisis Core that Sephiroth did want to be a good person. Cloud wasn't a SOLDIER, he was just some random dude, but he still talked to him about hometowns and family and stuff. So maybe he pulled an Emperor Matheus: when Sephiroth died and fell into the Lifestream, his "bad" side merged with JENOVA and became the would-be God calling Meteor, with the "good" being mostly weak and interfering very lightly.

But this is just a theory. A game theory.