Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Digital Osmosis posted:

There's like, one and a half lines about this per game but I'd love them to lean into the whole "wait, aren't we just doing what ISAC tells us to do?" thing. At some point in WONY the radio was like "get rid of this thing!" and then ISAC immediately chirped in "fuel line found" and marked the shiny on my map, and then when I turned it and destroyed the thing Kelso was like "Quick thinking, Agent!"

That wasn't me, Kelso. There is no me. There is only an avatar of ISAC.
Have you listened to the True Sons propaganda broadcasts? That’s their angle- Division agents are just slaves to the AI. Who controls ISAC anyway?

Also, can I get an invite to Extra Judicial? I’m Ransomar on Uplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Anyone remember Johnny Mnemonic? Another cheesy futuristic scy fi/tecno thriller.

Also, remember folks, the good side is always the side yorue on.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The government and the division abandoned me to die when I was just trying to do the right thing! My only recourse is to go rogue and MURDER ALL INNOCENTS

shades of gray u know

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Psion posted:

if I remember right it was a Red Storm employee tasked with saying that line and since then has Red Storm done anything with Division? It seems like it's been all Massive.
sacrificial PR lamb, that's cold
yeah they were kicked off the project for a PR line that pretty much every game publisher was repeating at the time. that must be what happened

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

yeah they were kicked off the project for a PR line that pretty much every game publisher was repeating at the time. that must be what happened

it's the only possible explanation! :v:

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The government and the division abandoned me to die when I was just trying to do the right thing! My only recourse is to go rogue and MURDER ALL INNOCENTS

shades of gray u know

Innocents is subjective. In a post apocalypse situation like this its factions of people all out for survival, right? So all other factions are enemies unless a truce is bargained for. Either they kill you and steal your resources, or you kill them and get their poo poo. Good and bad is definitely tons of shades of gray at that point. Humans have been doing this poo poo since the dawn of time, the whole To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Walking dead is a good example of this, its not really the zombies that are the danger, although you do have to keep an eye out for swarms, its really the other people that are the true enemy.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Is it now impossible to buy the dlc that has the few missions in dc now that the expansion is out? I was going to buy it to finish them before I buy the expansion but I can’t find it on the epic or Ubisoft online store.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

There's a bit in Theo's mission where he asks you to push a button. I did not. I shot the obvious yellow box, and was told I was no fun.

What did that button do.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Peechka posted:

Innocents is subjective.

Except it's totally not and there are super clear good and bad guys in this game, you are on the side of the settlers with harmonious farms and schools and pharmacies and they are the ones who torture and murder those settlers

Everything about the plot is dumb as hell but it's a good fun shootmans

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Seedge posted:

There's a bit in Theo's mission where he asks you to push a button. I did not. I shot the obvious yellow box, and was told I was no fun.

What did that button do.

I did the same, and then the mission glitched and some NPC got stuck and I had to restart, that time I pushed the button. He says something about how you really must like blindly following orders, and it lets a bunch of drones and poo poo out to shoot at you. I'm not sure to be honest if you get more or less than doing it the way you did it, but that time nothing got stuck in the geometry and I got to continue the mission.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Peechka posted:

Innocents is subjective. In a post apocalypse situation like this its factions of people all out for survival, right? So all other factions are enemies unless a truce is bargained for. Either they kill you and steal your resources, or you kill them and get their poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfakxJi0Jw

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I was more talking in general terms, not this game, lol.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Zikan posted:

Is it now impossible to buy the dlc that has the few missions in dc now that the expansion is out? I was going to buy it to finish them before I buy the expansion but I can’t find it on the epic or Ubisoft online store.

This is why I hate DLC and Seasons bullshit.
And the worst part about it, is you already have it downloaded.
You just can't access it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Peechka posted:

I was more talking in general terms, not this game, lol.

But I was talking about this game

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rotten Red Rod posted:

shades of gray u know

Hey hey hey, he saved two people!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Man I can't believe I missed out on the god tier DZ loot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Man I can't believe I missed out on the god tier DZ loot.

:same: but it’s all good because the DZ sucks anyways

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Finally got the expansion. The new york area is stunningly beautiful.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Frustrated posted:

Yo, why'd I get kicked out of hotdogs? I've been in that clan since release last year...

I think the clan was disbanded. The leader kept passing on due to inactivity, and I was the last one in the clan before I left for Pi Hard. Unless that was just a display error.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I think the clan was disbanded. The leader kept passing on due to inactivity, and I was the last one in the clan before I left for Pi Hard. Unless that was just a display error.

I saw in Discord yesterday I think that Hot Dogs was back up and running. People who want to get in should get in Discord and ask.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It reminds me of the show Person of Interest when people get access to the Machine in their ear and it’s telling them where people coming after them are and where they need to go next but with more insane gadgets.

One of the things I love about that show (Person of Interest spoiler, not The Division spoiler) is how during the first season The Machine seems like a really powerful computer, but if you notice the fake GUI during it's POV shots it highlights people hostile to it in red, marks people as allies, that sort of thing. If you stop and think about it you might realize that in order to do that it would have to be close to sentient - and then you'd think it was a CBS procedural and they obviously didn't think that through. Except no, The Machine has always been sentient, how the gently caress else could it read someone trying to buy a hitman to kill their ex and let it's friends know "hey this person is in danger go save them?"

Beat Warlords. That was pretty dumb. Keener: So his big plan was a) bioweapon NYC, again and b) also make evil ISAC for rouge agents? That's a little underwhelming. Evil ISAC seems cool, although it seemed more Theo's plan than Keeners.

Black Tusk: So I guess I'm not 1000% sure what Faye's defection to the BT was all about and when I tried to think about it for more than a second my head started hurting. I mean, the only like terrorist-y thing we've seen the Tusk do was try and blow up the White House, and that was Wyvern going nuts and disobeying orders, right? I mean, maybe they or their shadowy backer(s?) killed the VP-turned-President? Other than that they seem mostly to be about murdering the enemy factions. Also, they have the president and not like as a hostage, which seems to imply the commander in chief considers them legitimate. Is Faye going over to the Tusk actually like, a defection or her turning traitor? It sounds more like a messy civil war where multiple groups have valid claims on being the "real government."

Did I miss anything like, unbearably nefarious that the Black Tusk did?

Oh, nerdz - I used your recommendation for cheesing the end of WONY, skill tier six crusader shield and oxidizer. Do you like crusader shield in general now, or is it only for that mission? I hadn't really used shields before and I kind of felt invincible with it at ST6, although I guess Story difficulty is pretty easy comparatively.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TastyLemonDrops posted:

i got kicked out of Pie despite being in since launch and playing regularly since so I think clan leaders are just drunk all the time

i mean they have to try and wrangle goons into clans, it's reasonable to turn to alcoholism as an escape

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Zikan posted:

Which missions are you talking about? Everything in DC should be available as long as you have the base game. Everything in Episodes 1-3 (Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo, Kensington College, the Pentagon, Coney Island, and the classified missions) was free; the pass was only to get access to them a week earlier. Are you not able to play them? The only thing you would have missed out on was cosmetic items.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Shoren posted:

Which missions are you talking about? Everything in DC should be available as long as you have the base game. Everything in Episodes 1-3 (Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo, Kensington College, the Pentagon, Coney Island, and the classified missions) was free; the pass was only to get access to them a week earlier. Are you not able to play them? The only thing you would have missed out on was cosmetic items.

Yeah, those show up on top of the DC map as little islands. I queued up for one of them though and waited a while and nothing though, lol.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Digital Osmosis posted:

Beat Warlords. That was pretty dumb. Keener: So his big plan was a) bioweapon NYC, again and b) also make evil ISAC for rouge agents? That's a little underwhelming. Evil ISAC seems cool, although it seemed more Theo's plan than Keeners.

Black Tusk: So I guess I'm not 1000% sure what Faye's defection to the BT was all about and when I tried to think about it for more than a second my head started hurting. I mean, the only like terrorist-y thing we've seen the Tusk do was try and blow up the White House, and that was Wyvern going nuts and disobeying orders, right? I mean, maybe they or their shadowy backer(s?) killed the VP-turned-President? Other than that they seem mostly to be about murdering the enemy factions. Also, they have the president and not like as a hostage, which seems to imply the commander in chief considers them legitimate. Is Faye going over to the Tusk actually like, a defection or her turning traitor? It sounds more like a messy civil war where multiple groups have valid claims on being the "real government."

Did I miss anything like, unbearably nefarious that the Black Tusk did?

Regarding Keener, it seemed like there was more to it than that. I feel like there's more to his plan that won't be revealed until we know what's up with Faye. ANNA is the evil ISAC and I only know that from the subtitles in the last mission. There's gotta be something about ISAC that necessitates a mirror network otherwise the bioweapon would be sufficient for Keener's ends.

Speaking of Faye, her defection has to have something to do with Black Tusk's true goals. It's implied that Ellis had Mendez assassinated via BTSU and didn't like the way Waller handled the outbreak including activating the Division. Whether he was always affiliated with BTSU is up for debate, but with the way he was treated at Camp White Oak I don't think he's too important to them except as a pawn. Whoever runs Black Tusk appears to want to rebuild and control America for their own nefarious purposes. Ellis is essentially defected and probably not considered the president by anyone of importance within DC operations. Faye herself is clearly not acting in the interest of the people anymore since she went off the deep end following her sister's death. BTSU may have a similar goal to the SHD, but what happens after society has stabilized is wildly different.

Peechka posted:

Yeah, those show up on top of the DC map as little islands. I queued up for one of them though and waited a while and nothing though, lol.

I don't think you'll find too many groups for matchmaking (especially on a first run) so you'll have to go solo. Nothing should be stopping you from doing them aside from basic story progression (beating Capitol Hill and Tidal Basin).

Shoren fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 5, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Paul Rhodes keep being the best NPC of both games. Benitez being 2nd but not close.

Agent "I'm joining The Division so I can shoot people" Kelso got a few positive points and Faye Lau being the next bad agent is hilariously hamfisted to keep this going.

The worst thing after coming back to DC is to hear Manny again. gently caress you Manny.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
Buildcrafting questions if anyone has the hot scoop.

Is pulse now considered a formal status effect like fire/shock/etc since so many points can counter it or it just "pulse," a nebulous concept like always?

Asking because I'm starting to map out some general build ideas and I'm definitely going to recreate a version of the powerful pulse I ran before, primarily for pve. If it is, Wicked seems like a good pick for a perk but otherwise there's probably something better to run.

Looking over the reworks I might go for a Tip of the Spear 4 piece built around sharphooter and a rifle. Since I assume the chest/backpack are still raid limited, this does open up for two overlord pieces combined with Unstoppable Force and either braced or gunslinger. Seems like a good way to make a stable pve rifle build setup with either an smg or shotgun for close range clean up or last stands.

I'll eventually look into pvp setups at some point, but those new ninja bike kneepad exotics seems like an ideal pick if they let you abuse the "tap against cover/quickly pull out" mechanic for reloads in the DZ.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

There's a Tactical Mk16 in the clan shop that's really good. Max assault rifle damage attribute so worth it just to burn, plus the stats are pretty decent. Not top tier gear but really solid for your post lvl 40 leveling needs.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Guillermus posted:

Paul Rhodes keep being the best NPC of both games. Benitez being 2nd but not close.

Agent "I'm joining The Division so I can shoot people" Kelso got a few positive points and Faye Lau being the next bad agent is hilariously hamfisted to keep this going.

The worst thing after coming back to DC is to hear Manny again. gently caress you Manny.

I like how Benitez, Rhodes, and Lau all gang up on the agent for not doing stuff quickly enough.

Its really funny.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rhodes and Benitez were the best NPCs of Div1 and I wonder what Dr. Kandel is up to. She was mentioned in a communications collectible.

I'm kinda curious about who the Division actually answers to now, besides itself. Ellis was the only person from the government that's really been mentioned, that I recall, and he's not really in charge either.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
What's the easiest way to get the raid over with so i can unlock crafting for the 3 gearset pieces? I have no interest in it as a challenge/epic long battle thingy.

Should I just look for a group to carry me or is there something that needs less coordination that i can do?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The post-final mission seemed like a spoof/joke. But I guess that's a good a way as any to do the seasons

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God it's gonna suck when my level 30 hard wired gear isn't useful anymore and i have to grind a new set because explosive sticky/clusters is tearing through this content and it's so drat fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

tweet my meat posted:

God it's gonna suck when my level 30 hard wired gear isn't useful anymore and i have to grind a new set because explosive sticky/clusters is tearing through this content and it's so drat fun.

Good news, once you hit 40 just redraft hard wired and get back to blowing poo poo up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Guillermus posted:

Manny is worlds better than the campus settlement DJ, why can't Black Tusk snatch him already

Cyrano4747 posted:

There's a Tactical Mk16 in the clan shop that's really good. Max assault rifle damage attribute so worth it just to burn, plus the stats are pretty decent. Not top tier gear but really solid for your post lvl 40 leveling needs.

How does burning attributes work?

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Morter posted:

What's the easiest way to get the raid over with so i can unlock crafting for the 3 gearset pieces? I have no interest in it as a challenge/epic long battle thingy.

Should I just look for a group to carry me or is there something that needs less coordination that i can do?

Post in LFG that you need a raid carry. There’s usually a couple of groups that’ll take you. We used to carry people for a couple of raids on Saturday mornings and laugh when they’d immediately quit once an eagle bearer dropped.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/WJwoxAQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/uoJ1bY5.gifv

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The pacing of the expansion is so drat perfect, I love it. I have about 2 hours of game time when I get home from work and it comes out to taking down one lieutenant a session. Gonna wrap this up tomorrow and then when I get home from saturday I can do some endgame poo poo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Finally made it to World Tier 4. I'm not sure if it's the world tier or the expansion but these perks are a heck of a lot more interesting than what I've had. Things that help allies or hinder enemies depending on what you're doing is really great stuff.

Edit: So should I avoid raising alertness level until I'm kitted out in level 500 gear and have the most supremely broken build the game currently has? I just attempted it with a gear score of 422 and every enemy takes about a hundred thousand rounds to kill and I get smoked extremely quick.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Finally made it to World Tier 4. I'm not sure if it's the world tier or the expansion but these perks are a heck of a lot more interesting than what I've had. Things that help allies or hinder enemies depending on what you're doing is really great stuff.

Edit: So should I avoid raising alertness level until I'm kitted out in level 500 gear and have the most supremely broken build the game currently has? I just attempted it with a gear score of 422 and every enemy takes about a hundred thousand rounds to kill and I get smoked extremely quick.

If you brought a CP up to level 4/heroic that’s the hardest level in the game (relative to your power level of course) and with the gear rework it has become even harder than it was. You need a build with good rolls and talents that work with each other to do those reliably.