Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Coachella: sadly no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Antigravitas posted:

Unless I'm expecting a call I don't take my phone to work, and I do most of pooping at work, so…

I don’t think you get how cell phones have worked in the last 20 years.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

smoobles posted:

Pee on your hands to stop the coronavirus

Drink bat and pangolin pee TCM.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Bronze Fonz posted:

Coachella: sadly no

Festival season is gonna be something special if the heat doesn't help against the virus.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Shaocaholica posted:

Suspend elections because too many virus dead could swing election, extend presidential term length, become forever president, change title to god-emperor.

Name Ivanka the heir, and annex England and Walsh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

smoobles posted:

Don't forget to sanitize your smartphones once per day. A lot of people forget that they are nearly as bad as a bathroom doorknob in terms of disease vector. You touch your phone before and after you wash your hands. And some gross idiots (myself included) use their phone WHILE they go to the bathroom.

Clean your phones.

Recently heard you're not supposed to use alcohol based cleaners for this because it can dissolve the oil resistant coating on screens

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So apparently you can give power of attorney to let some lawyers vote on your behalf if you are incapacitated like from a pandemic. Like you could be in a 10 year coma and still vote in every election via pre programmed proxy.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Rinkles posted:

Recently heard you're not supposed to use alcohol based cleaners for this because it can dissolve the oil resistant coating on screens

I just dunk my phone in undiluted bleach, try that instead

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

The wipes that come with screen protector kits are alcohol based.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Does Costco sell pee?

Any American lager will suffice

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fuctifino posted:

The wipes that come with screen protector kits are alcohol based.

Yeah I figured most wipes are.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Shaocaholica posted:

I don’t think you get how cell phones have worked in the last 20 years.

They are just a passing fad tbh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Did anyone post this cool interactive dashboard on Coronavirus from Johns Hopkins?

It makes me feel like I'm in a movie about a pandemic so I like it.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ehud posted:

Did anyone post this cool interactive dashboard on Coronavirus from Johns Hopkins?

It makes me feel like I'm in a movie about a pandemic so I like it.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

That's been around for a while. I put it up on a big screen TV at work in a common area to keep everyone on their toes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh, cool

https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1235650767446405120?s=21

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wonder if it was a tactical error not to appoint a more disposable scape goat as the corona response guy

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

We were officially advised to start stocking up on non-perishables at my office today so im probably leaving early to pick up a bunch of rice

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
You don't need rice; buy toiletpaper.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Rinkles posted:

Wonder if it was a tactical error not to appoint a more disposable scape goat as the corona response guy

Pence is being set up to be the fall guy so trump can replace him on the ticket with Nikki Haley.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
You need something to saturate that TP so get beans.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Cool, cool, very good.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Do u think all of the billing and insurance companies are stressed out trying to push out guidance on what code 2 bill to and whether or not the market demands a 1500% markup or 2500% markup?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So Iceland is reporting more cases than Greece, India, and Vietnam. I'm guessing it's because of the more accessible population and better health care?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Rinkles posted:

No that was exactly the plan

This was going to end poorly, trump can always point to biden as the reason why all this failed, take all the credit if things go well, this is exactly the purpose of the VP in the modern era

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So Iceland is reporting more cases than Greece, India, and Vietnam. I'm guessing it's because of the more accessible population and better health care?

Iceland, like Washington State, most people are indoors all the time because the weather is absolutely miserable this time of year and it's super dark during non work hours

naem
May 29, 2011

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
cant wait to ride my bicycle through empty streets and pretend im in I Am Legend

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Isn't Iceland like 300000 people who can't gently caress without checking if they aren't related, as opposed to India which is a petri dish of street making GBS threads with no sanitation ?

e: what I'm saying is the icelandic numbers might simply be more accurate

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hadlock posted:

No that was exactly the plan

This was going to end poorly, trump can always point to biden as the reason why all this failed

This with the typo included but unironically

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Iceland, like Washington State, most people are indoors all the time because the weather is absolutely miserable this time of year and it's super dark during non work hours

This time of year it's at about 11 hours of sunlight a day.

e:

unpacked robinhood posted:

Isn't Iceland like 300000 people who can't gently caress without checking if they aren't related, as opposed to India which is a petri dish of street making GBS threads with no sanitation ?

Yeah, I'm Icelandic and until I was about 8 years old I was under the impression that everyone's grandmothers were sisters. That's also what I meant by a more accessible population.

jk my mom was adopted by my dad's aunt

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 5, 2020

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

redgubbinz posted:

Cool, cool, very good.

I live in Australia and this was essentially my experience as well. Nice to know when I eventually do get tested I won't have to pay for it at least.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Sorry someone asked me to follow up as I'm on a support team for Airbnb and I'll say that in just one of the ticket queues only, we currently have 16,950 tickets. I can't imagine how much money they're losing off of this (technically it would be the hosts but it will still massively affect the company)

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Also no one share that info or they'll fire me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

I've tried the Twitter recipe someone posted (rubbing alcohol + aloe vera gel) and it's ok if a bit too strong for my taste

You're not supposed to eat it

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I’m the COO of Airbnb

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
talking about stuff we can't share, one of my relatives has a friend who works at mckinsey and sent them a corona report from late feb but i don't want to get anyone in trouble by sharing it. there were a lot of graphs and stuff but the takeaway was there is a lot of uncertainty and markets are gonna go down if it's not contained and it will take a long time to recover economically

probably shouldn't even mention it really but there wasn't any great secret or anything

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The tourism and travel sector is so desperate they'll probably let you fly the plane for a bit if you ask nicely.
Source: google decided I was interested in updates from a lovely blog for tourism professionals and I get whiny articles about people not booking hell cruises so much now.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/wDzRCbX

spicy memes

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
New crypto money Coronabux. It’s pegged to the virus.

How hasn’t anyone thought of this yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I had no idea that so many people went on cruises. Even in this very thread!