Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Really hope it's one of those incredibly awesome "live appearances" where the guy Skypes in to the wrestling show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I won't loiter on it but whenever this happens I feel like it would be kind of morally gross for me to not express what I I want to express just because I know a bunch of people will get mad and it will get uncomfortable.

He's a serial domestic abuser and he doesn't appear to have ever done or said anything to make amends, and I think its kind of messed up that we just don't care and love him. He's basically the Chris Brown of wrestling.

Ok, I'll show myself out.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Austin’s going to beat Drew McIntyre to take his place at WrestleMania. Austin vs. Brock is a bigger draw, you see.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

I won't loiter on it but whenever this happens I feel like it would be kind of morally gross for me to not express what I I want to express just because I know a bunch of people will get mad and it will get uncomfortable.

He's a serial domestic abuser and he doesn't appear to have ever done or said anything to make amends, and I think its kind of messed up that we just don't care and love him. He's basically the Chris Brown of wrestling.

Ok, I'll show myself out.

If someone ever wants to hold you accountable for something you did, just say "dude that was a long time ago" and mumble something about cancel culture and you're good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Carter / Heyman / Bischoff inducted as the death of a promotion triangle. Heyman does a little ZERO... PROF-IT taunt.

also the first pass of that sentence I wrote 'indicted'

Hmmm...

:miedo:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how can you not remember the importance of syxx and the buzzkiller. Disrespect

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The Lord of Hats posted:

Austin’s going to beat Drew McIntyre to take his place at WrestleMania.

A Drew segment is a good guess I think, obviously one where he endorses him in some fashion.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

You may say I'm a bootlicker
But I'm not the only one

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

jesus WEP posted:

Cool how Ronnie Radke managed to make announcing this news mostly about himself
Did you know that he's a huge transphobe and that homophobic slur user Rhea Ripley looks up to him as a mentor?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

A Drew segment is a good guess I think, obviously one where he endorses him in some fashion.

If he just claymore kicks the poo poo out of Stone Cold and drinks a beer over his prone body that'll be a better endorsement than anything Stone Cold could say.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Drew McIntyre kicks Steve Austin's rear end and says "as a former victim of domestic violence that's for all your victims, you unpunished wifebeating scumbag."

Ok, I loitered a bit.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Need a babyface that gives 0 fucks about legends approval. Like they can't even get a full sentence out commenting on the new talent before they're utterly destroyed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gonzo McFee posted:

Love every WWE wrestler having to say some variation on "it's your fault for not enjoying our product" every time the booking sucks.

They keep saying if you don't like it don't watch it even though less and less people are watching it

Seems like a bad idea

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

They keep saying if you don't like it don't watch it even though less and less people are watching it

Seems like a bad idea

To be fair the official WWE position is more nuanced. Its more like "If you don't like it, no you did like it. It was good. You love it. If you say you don't like it you're just being difficult and trying to make this about you. You can't have everything you like, even though you should and do like this. If you insist on having everything you like and won't admit you like this then you should just stop watching. But subscribe to the Network for $9.99. Stone Cold will be on RAW! You like Stone Cold! And he's never done a single bad thing in his life we should hold him accountable for and not just pretend didn't happen."

I might have got off track.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OH HELL YEAH

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Intruder posted:

Seems like a bad idea

One weird thing Bryan Alvarez does, he keeps saying all the people who whine about WWE and canceling the network will just be back the next day. Then 3 minutes later he gives a report about raw/smackdown/nxt ratings and network numbers being down. That's.... not being back the next day. Is everyone who said that supposed to update him every week for the rest of their life they're not watching?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 6, 2020

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

One weird thing Bryan Alvarez does, he keeps saying all the people who whine about WWE and canceling the network will just be back the next day. Then 3 minutes later he gives a report about raw/smackdown/nxt ratings and network numbers being down. That's.... not being back the next day. Is everyone who said that supposed to update him every week for the rest of their life they're not watching?

He thinks the hardcore lifetime fans won't leave, but they slowly are. Sometimes they angrily say they're quitting but come back, but there's a lot who just quietly go....

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Correction: This week's Backstage actually did 56,000 viewers.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Rowan fake spider thing reminds me of a story Luke Gallows told about his time as the Freakin' Deacon.

He mentioned at the time he was putting a spider in his mouth as part of the gimmick and eventually they told him backstage that they wanted to change his gimmick because finding a spider in each town was too hard. So I think that's when he became Festus.

So they probably just put a fake spider in the cage because they're lazy assholes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I know exactly what happened with that angle.

They simply never knew what was in that cage. They never figured it out before the started it. They just started the angle and went with it, kept escalating it and dragging it out, and then ended up in a place where nothing actually made sense to resolve it in a satisfying way. They knew they needed something big and scary but they couldn't figure out what the hell that could be that they could actually have and use. And some genius came up with an animatronic monster tarantula that they pretend is real.

And now they're just going to ignore it and pretend it never happened. Then in 5 years someone in WWE will make fun of it on a Network show like someone else did it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was going to be Matt Hardy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What was the recent angle they did that for? The one Bischoff was quoted on saying he/they had no idea. Was it the Roman was attacked one?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Spider woulda been the ultimate final boss for R Truth's 24/7 title if he's still arachnophobic.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blaise330 posted:

In the short term, he's absolutely right. Probably like 90+% of people who get outraged at something WWE does and cancel their subs and stop watching are back within a month or two. Some people hold out longer. But every time this kind of thing happens there's a few people who decide that was actually their breaking point and are for real done, which is how you get these declining numbers year after year. I think the Saudi stuff in particular has accelerated it quite a bit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think WWE does it a lot. Its just kind of symptomatic of their booking approach. They go for the "moments" and the highlights, not the story. So they just execute ideas before they've figured out how they fit. They'll figure that out later. Or they won't. It doesn't really make a difference.

Case in point: What exactly is the story of anything going on with Liv Morgan?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blaise330 posted:

To be fair, usually what he says is,"(most) People don't quit over one specific thing, it's just a long steady buildup of crap till they just get fed up and stop."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spiderdrake posted:

What was the recent angle they did that for? The one Bischoff was quoted on saying he/they had no idea. Was it the Roman was attacked one?

Ah yes the one where one week they had a rowan doppelganger, the next week they have new (from a month before but just now being seen) footage of a blurry vaguely rowan shaped silhouette , and they don't blame it on the doppelganger.

#BuddyMurphyNeverLied

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Someone on reddit (i know) had the theory that the cage is actually a portal to a person's greatest fear and No Way Jose is just afraid of spiders and honestly that's the kind of brilliantly ludicrous Lucha Underground poo poo wrestling needs more of.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Steve Austin can kiss my rear end and go to hell. Uncool cop shoulda went to AEW and rode with the Hangman

quote this post when austin shows up at dynamite on wednesday, march 16th, 2022

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the latest newsletter reported that Vince may be getting cold feet on Shayna again. He was not happy with how the audience reacted to her last Monday. This is the second time he's gotten cold feet with her apparently. The first being at the Rumble. He mentioned this in the preview for the Elimination Chamber match:

quote:

If Baszler doesn’t win, that wouldn’t bode well for her, since it would make twice that Vince McMahon would have changed his mind on her. Baszler was the original pick to win the Rumble only to have McMahon a week out change plans to Charlotte Flair and have Baszler win the Chamber. But there was negativity and uncertainty regarding McMahon’s reaction to Baszler’s match with Kairi Sane on Raw not getting the desired reaction and Baszler not coming off like a WrestleMania headliner.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
i'm so excited for this company to wither and die

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

DarkstarIV posted:

So the latest newsletter reported that Vince may be getting cold feet on Shayna again. He was not happy with how the audience reacted to her last Monday. This is the second time he's gotten cold feet with her apparently. The first being at the Rumble. He mentioned this in the preview for the Elimination Chamber match:

A good outcome to this would be for Vince to change it to Asuka winning at EC and beating Becky at WM, that bad outcome would be Liv winning, the worst outcome is somehow getting Charlotte involved.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I wouldn't mind Liv winning.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ruby winning would be alright, but I don't care at all about Liv or Logan.

I changed my mind, the best outcome would be Kairi taking out Shayna before the match, taking her spot in the Chamber, and winning the whole thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The obvious best outcome is Kairi winning at the pirate ship stadium

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rhonne posted:

A good outcome to this would be for Vince to change it to Asuka winning at EC and beating Becky at WM, that bad outcome would be Liv winning, the worst outcome is somehow getting Charlotte involved.

I would be shocked if Vince changes his mind this time though, if just for the fact that Heyman is a HUGE fan of the MMA 4HW, and will probably heavily push for Shayna/Becky even if it'll be an unpopular decision at this point.

That being said, I would not be shocked if Shayna loses at Wrestlemania if Dave is correct in his report. And maybe they'll call up Io or Bianca and have them dethrone Becky the night after Mania or something. Because there is virtually no chance that Shayna/Becky will even remotely close to decent. And unless its slotted early on in the card, the crowd is going to absolutely die. It'll either get THIS IS BORING chants or just complete silence.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be pretty hilarious though if after attacking on Becky and Becky talking about how much she wants Shayna to win so she can get her revenge, Shayna just loses at EC and is quietly forgotten.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rhonne posted:

It would be pretty hilarious though if after attacking on Becky and Becky talking about how much she wants Shayna to win so she can get her revenge, Shayna just loses at EC and is quietly forgotten.

To be honest, I can't even see Shayna doing all that well on the main roster. Her style is so incredibly different compared to everyone else that even with competent booking, her ceiling would be pretty drat low just due to how different the main roster audiences are compared to NXT audiences.

Shayna's style is way too slow and calculated for the main roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean the ideal story is her to lose and then murder the other 5 entrants one by one in singles matches but Vince couldn't write a hot push to save his life at this point.

Also lol Darkstar do you really think they'd go with Io or Bianca over just doing the Charlotte feud again? If Bianca gets called up and doesn't vanish instantly into the jobber zone I would be so shocked. She was just hard jobbed, she's 0-3 as the adjacent to this feud.