Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Shoren posted:

Which missions are you talking about? Everything in DC should be available as long as you have the base game. Everything in Episodes 1-3 (Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo, Kensington College, the Pentagon, Coney Island, and the classified missions) was free; the pass was only to get access to them a week earlier. Are you not able to play them? The only thing you would have missed out on was cosmetic items.

There are some secret/hidden missions that have a blue/purple marker that I couldnt access until i bought the season pass.

Capn Beeb posted:

How does burning attributes work?

You go to the table and click on library and assault rifles, choose to pull whatever ability like that +15% dmg off, and then you can put that core attribute onto any rifle.

So even if you have a crap item with a good talent or whatever, just rip it and add it to your good item.
only 1 transfer per item, but if you put a lower +% on it before, you can upgrade as you get better items.

I have a nice backpack with a perfect talent on it that gives me 100% armor when armor is depleted every 55s that I have upgraded its core attribute twice as I come across better items to rip from.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Why does the Ammo Hoarders directive apply to shotguns with magazine tubes. :cripes:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did a ton of DZ tonight prior to them nerfing it and got a ton of gear sets including 4 pieces of Striker so I'm going to make a build around them. I took it to the firing range but I don't think there's a real indicator of how many stack I have in the UI? Regardless it looked like everyone in the DZ was on the same page since people were helping clear landmarks and calling extractions constantly.

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
I picked up this game cause it was $3 and I have been wanting a game to just chill with and so far I love it. Only problem is I have very little experience with games like this (never even played Division 1) and I'm kind of overwhelmed. There's tons of things to do with side missions, SHD missions, Control Points, etc. that I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing at what time or what stuff is important to do and when, besides obviously progressing the Main Mission. Any tips, help, hints for a total noob to this? :ohdear:

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

ParadeRainer posted:

I picked up this game cause it was $3 and I have been wanting a game to just chill with and so far I love it. Only problem is I have very little experience with games like this (never even played Division 1) and I'm kind of overwhelmed. There's tons of things to do with side missions, SHD missions, Control Points, etc. that I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing at what time or what stuff is important to do and when, besides obviously progressing the Main Mission. Any tips, help, hints for a total noob to this? :ohdear:

Do main mission stuff, and if you run out of stuff to do do the side missions. Side missions scale exp with your level so they are good to leave till the end when you have no more main mission but not 30 yet. Control points are exp and loot so do them if youre around the area.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 6, 2020

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just keep leveling and progressing through the main story. Do other stuff at your leisure or just save it for later. Once you hit endgame you can worry about doing everything and nothing is locked off after the campaign. Side missions and SHD missions are good if you want a quick boost of xp while leveling and many give useful blueprints for gun attatchments., control points are best saved for when you can do them on their maximum difficulty to unlock blueprints but can.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You can just do things as you go. Nothing disappears if you don't do it before level 30. One day you can just walk around DC doing whatever pops up, or concentrate on Main Missions, or even just pop into the DZ if you like PvP.

There's no real set order to do things.

ParadeRainer
Jul 2, 2019
Cool, thank you, I was wondering if it all scaled or if any of the SHD missions, or blueprints were necessary to progress through the main missions.

Also, any particularly good skills for someone playing solo? I'm gonna do as much as possible, if not everything, solo.

Also, also, game so good, I'm in love already :swoon:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I hit level 40 tonight, with a fair amount of story in 2 areas left to do. That fight with the 3 shield heavies was a big pile of rear end since my gear was still garbage because I hit 40 at the end of it.

Do world tiers exist at all at 40 now or are those a DC without Expansion thing, or will they exist back in DC again or what? I'm kind of lost regarding what exactly they did to the end-game, other than making the difficulty scaling harder from what I've read.

Also I've found quite a few items that won't let me rip the talents from them at all, which makes me sad whenever it happens.

At level 40 I visited both vendors in Haven and did a bit of crafting, and came out the other end with 1.1 million armor and 78k damage from my AR... from something like 500k and 55k damage when I had to fight those three heavy assholes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

One thing I wish they would have added is their version of the Strike button. Just let me push it, be matchmade to play any mission and drift into the violence.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

^burtle posted:

One thing I wish they would have added is their version of the Strike button. Just let me push it, be matchmade to play any mission and drift into the violence.

esc
matchmake
random main mission

the only downside is difficulty level selection, where you can't just specify a range or "any" you have to pick one, but that's not the worst

alternately use Answer The Call and you never know what you'll get.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ParadeRainer posted:

Also, any particularly good skills for someone playing solo? I'm gonna do as much as possible, if not everything, solo.

Just from personal experience:
Striker Drone is a useful distraction to keep everyone from pointing at you the whole time.
Revive hive can be nice for when you get sloppy, though I haven't had many death issues once I got used to the game.
The rollermine swarm is an enemy-seeking grenade that's so easy to just lob and forget. Tends to clear rooms if they're standing by anything explosive and there's not a second wave.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

ParadeRainer posted:

Cool, thank you, I was wondering if it all scaled or if any of the SHD missions, or blueprints were necessary to progress through the main missions.

The chem launcher heal is probably the best general purpose heal with the heal drone being a good long duration heal, the revive hive is very useful as a self rez when solo, for offensive skills the basic assault turret is incredibly strong as is the assault drone, the cluster mines are also incredibly strong, the shield requires some skill tier investment but is in a really good place now with the gear update.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
So what do you do after finishing expac campaign, exactly? I would like to make numbers higher, but which numbers?

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif

The Locator posted:

Also I've found quite a few items that won't let me rip the talents from them at all, which makes me sad whenever it happens.

Named High End gear can have attributes that go above the normal limits, or unique versions of regular perks (for example, Perfect Breadbasket on the Mozambique Special) and those “better than perfect” stats cannot be pulled for future Recalibration.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

OgNar posted:

There are some secret/hidden missions that have a blue/purple marker that I couldnt access until i bought the season pass.

You go to the table and click on library and assault rifles, choose to pull whatever ability like that +15% dmg off, and then you can put that core attribute onto any rifle.

So even if you have a crap item with a good talent or whatever, just rip it and add it to your good item.
only 1 transfer per item, but if you put a lower +% on it before, you can upgrade as you get better items.

I have a nice backpack with a perfect talent on it that gives me 100% armor when armor is depleted every 55s that I have upgraded its core attribute twice as I come across better items to rip from.

That's rad, thanks :toot:

Morter posted:

Why does the Ammo Hoarders directive apply to shotguns with magazine tubes. :cripes:

This however is not rad, nor is the change to Premeditated :argh:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The Locator posted:

So I hit level 40 tonight, with a fair amount of story in 2 areas left to do. That fight with the 3 shield heavies was a big pile of rear end since my gear was still garbage because I hit 40 at the end of it.

Is that the one that blinded you and then a group of dudes spawned at the turrets that would randomly turn off just as the heavies came around a corner?
I hated that mission. Did it solo and died like 10 times, I was 38 and had crap drops for armor.

I do not recommend soloing Javier.

ParadeRainer posted:

Pre expansion I was using the Mender ball from Survivalist, it kept me alive. Haven't really used it since the update.
I do like both the normal and sniper turret and attack drone for damage.
Or healer drone for armor buffing.
I have also fallen in love with the assault rifle version of the shield.
If you manage your armor to have 3 points of Skill and 3 defense, it ups your shield level to 6 and where you would normally have +100% shield health at skill 3, you get +250% because it makes it a level 6.
You do less damage but take damage well, even fire.

Even better if I can find some talent that will add to a skill to overcharge it.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 6, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

OgNar posted:

Is that the one that blinded you and then a group of dudes spawned at the turrets that would randomly turn off just as the heavies came around a corner?
I hated that mission. Did it solo and died like 10 times, I was 38 and had crap drops for armor.

That is the one, yes. I died 2 or 3 times soloing it.

OgNar posted:

I do not recommend soloing Javier.

I pretty much play solo, so I guess I'll see how it goes!

I'm currently running seeker cluster mine and healing drone. I found that the healing chem launcher was total garbage in the expansion even at level 30 so I dropped it for the drone and it's slow, but lasts forever so overall is much better than the chem launcher was for me.

Running AR/LMG for now, although the fire rate of the M60 is horribly slow to me now that I've tasted the sweet drug of the IWI Negev.. but I guess it's getting nerfed by about 50% in the next patch, so I probably won't like a level 40 one as much as the one that carried me from 31-35'ish.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

ParadeRainer posted:

Everything mentioned is right, although I've been a little underwhelmed with cluster seekers since the rework. In terms of "oh god i don't want to die" I'd suggest leveling with healing chem launchers and a revive hive and ignoring / avoiding any equipment that adds skill (specifically you'd want to avoid anything with a +skill tier as a core attribute for anything that has armor or weapon damage.) Other than that use what you enjoy and what's roughly your level, don't bother planning builds or going for anything specific until you've hit level 30/40.

Game is good! They've got their core gameplay loop pretty loving solid, IMO. If you hit endgame and tap out after a week or so congrats, you just got way more than $3 worth. If you wanna spend ten times that the expansion has about ten hours of real good story content, a extremely well designed new map, and seems right now to make endgame grinding very fun. As long as you don't expect a coherent story or exceptionally well tuned pvp stuff you'll find a real fun thing to zone out and shoot bad guys for an hour or so ever day or so in.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Locator posted:

I pretty much play solo, so I guess I'll see how it goes!

I went through all the main and side missions, until the final, with my GS500 hardwired set. Seeker/Bleed Hive. Mostly went ok, though for the final mission if I had to do it again I'd replace the hive with an assault turret until the final boss. This was done completely solo.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

victrix posted:

(also going back to New York was the cowardly story choice, but I don't get any sense that they really have a unified direction for the big story beats, Div 2 'ending' was a wet fart, and Warlords ending... eh, let's give people some more time to get through it before spoilers etc)

GameDev theory-crafting incoming (probably wrong)...

Ubisoft strikes me as a publisher that does not like to leave anything on the cutting room floor. If something can be salvaged for DLC or a sequel, it'll be used.

NYC in Warlords just feels so much more...detailed and finished than DC (Maybe NYC is just more interesting than DC?). If I had to bet, I'd say they were well into an NYC expansion for Div1 when a survey came back that said the playerbase wanted a different city (I remember this survey, I voted more NYC) so they quickly* assembled DC and whipped it up as a sequel.

While I'm happy to be back in NYC, I agree story wise its a lame cop out and I think they should have just expanded the DC map more. Who knows...maybe they'll expand the NYC map more? I've seen a few suspicious spots where it looks like it could be easily expanded but then again I was a "Central Park" believer for Div1 :911:.

I'm nowhere near done the story, but I suspect we don't get anywhere near the Freedom Tower (or whatever its called.).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Snuffman posted:

GameDev theory-crafting incoming (probably wrong)...

Ubisoft strikes me as a publisher that does not like to leave anything on the cutting room floor. If something can be salvaged for DLC or a sequel, it'll be used.

NYC in Warlords just feels so much more...detailed and finished than DC (Maybe NYC is just more interesting than DC?). If I had to bet, I'd say they were well into an NYC expansion for Div1 when a survey came back that said the playerbase wanted a different city (I remember this survey, I voted more NYC) so they quickly* assembled DC and whipped it up as a sequel.

While I'm happy to be back in NYC, I agree story wise its a lame cop out and I think they should have just expanded the DC map more. Who knows...maybe they'll expand the NYC map more? I've seen a few suspicious spots where it looks like it could be easily expanded but then again I was a "Central Park" believer for Div1 :911:.

I'm nowhere near done the story, but I suspect we don't get anywhere near the Freedom Tower (or whatever its called.).

I think there's a bit of real world design and planning that make NYC more interesting. For instance, the building height restrictions in DC make for a very open/empty feel - compare that to the slot-canyon feel of huge swaths of NYC. That vertical space can be and is used greatly in a lot of practical and visual ways, buildings covered in slowly fluttering tarps, others with patchworks of broken windows and boards and scaffolding etc.

That all said, there's a ground level visual density in the new NYC areas that wasn't there in lots of DC nor in D1's NYC. The part that got flooded by a hurricane and is now a bunch of mud, tide pools, and soft grassy sand dunes with a dusting of flowers, the alleys and avenues chock full of trash bags and fallen scaffolds, all the cratering streets due to collapsing subways and Nancy, all of that sort of wraps around you visually and draws you into the scene whereas previously your visual details were doing main duty as cover because they were stuff like barricades and cars. There's still plenty of those but now there's all this wreckage of society strewn about and it looks lived/died in.

I get why they wanted to put the story in DC but hoo boy the actual layout and design of that city beyond the monuments and government buildings is straight up boring compared to any of the large metros along either coast. Plazas, parks, waterways, there's way more blank space around and you can't really just clog it up with boats and cars and trash but what else are you supposed to do with the ellipse or the reflecting pond? That all compounds on itself to come off repetitive and generic as you play through it. Streets full of row houses blurring together and then at the end of them there's a few retail bays and then a mission building. Rinse, repeat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I demand to know why I am not allowed to wear this hat:

Let me wear a tricorne like a stupid weirdo! :argh:

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
Anyone got a list of the brand sets? Can't seem to find an updated list for WoNY.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Forgive me for posting a Control document but I just finished the last mission and while I don’t really care about the story I am wondering if anyone agrees that this is right.

So Faye has been working with Black Tusk who have been trying to stop both Keener and The Division. I guess Faye could be the person Schaffer was talking about in echos all this time but that would mean she was evil since before the first game so probably not. Presumably BT are still trying to create Outer Heaven in the US or whatever but now have to contend with even more enemies. Keener has created an evil ISAC network in “ANNA” to link and support the rogue Division agents, some of whom are the ones we’re going to be fighting in the first season. This part is my speculation but Keener has probably shared his super virus or whatever with them because if the missile was the end of it that’s a terrible ending to the virus printer set-up.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Maintenance at prime AUS time?

I shouldn't be surprised, but here we are. All I wanted to do was liberate DC again

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Why does this take so long to load even on a ssd.

X13Fen posted:

Maintenance at prime AUS time?

I shouldn't be surprised, but here we are. All I wanted to do was liberate DC again

Right? Waited 3 minutes to be told it's offline.

Have the load times always been like this or have they gotten worse? I don't remember them being this bad at launch.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

A Sometimes Food posted:

Why does this take so long to load even on a ssd.

Right? Waited 3 minutes to be told it's offline.

Have the load times always been like this or have they gotten worse? I don't remember them being this bad at launch.

I hate to humblebrag but since my recent compy upgrade, including:

• Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8 GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2

It takes literally less than a minute from pressing [Play] on the Uplay client to actually getting in-game.

Before that, on a much more lower-middle tier rig, it would take about 3 minutes.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is there anywhere to respec watch level points?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Morter posted:

I hate to humblebrag but since my recent compy upgrade, including:

• Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8 GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2

It takes literally less than a minute from pressing [Play] on the Uplay client to actually getting in-game.

Before that, on a much more lower-middle tier rig, it would take about 3 minutes.

Having it on an NVMe drive makes a giant difference for sure, I’m in game pretty quick unless there’s a server queue.

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
Christ there’s now another maintenance :/

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

AggroJagg posted:

Christ there’s now another maintenance :/

quote:

Agents, unscheduled maintenance incoming at 2:15 PM CET, in about 35 minutes. We are deploying a fix for the Target Practice exploit.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
We'll probably get another one later as it seems that CPs aren't resetting.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't mind them extending maintenance as long as they fix stuff that makes the game playable. Balance changes can come later.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

They better fix the Hard Wired chest and backpack talents :argh:

They're always so gung-ho about fixing minor exploits but let things that affect actual gameplay linger for way too long.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Nothing gimmicky i just liked this moment.

https://i.imgur.com/JfNfUzS.mp4

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Seul and I, along with a pal of his, did DZ last night. Gear sets were the targeted loot which was perfect. We were in there for a few hours and got tons and tons of poo poo. I think we all got enough drops to put together a bunch of gear sets. Even after the stuff has been fixed, I still have to suggest hitting the DZ if the target loot is something you're after.

Something else that Seul suggested, Kenley College if it's open. The subway in particular has a ton of Outcast chests and there's only like one wave of enemies you have to worry about. Kill them and then you can scour the map for the chests. May as well use those keys for something.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
In particular, there's an exotic backpack (Acosta's Go Bag) that only drops from faction chests. There are maybe around 8 Outcast chests in the Kenly Metro Station alone and you can explore the entire area after investigating the initial echo. I snagged one on Normal (and I usually have terrible luck with exotics) so I'm not sure if bumping up the difficulty does anything for its drop rate.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

We are postponing this maintenance to a later time today. We have further fixes that are currently being tested that we want to deploy before the weekend. One of the fixes is for players being locked out of their inventory and only having access to their SHD Level. We will update you on the new times asap. We apologize for the inconvenience but believe that this is the best way to move forward.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2196855-Unscheduled-Maintenance-March-06-2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Morter posted:

Nothing gimmicky i just liked this moment.

https://i.imgur.com/JfNfUzS.mp4

Another Ferro's Hero that blows up.