Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
All they had to do is change the drat face. Either make him a naked lizard or a human in Greymon armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The colors are also bad. Why're they just the exact same color from head to toe, it makes Greyman look naked and Garuruman blobs together something fierce.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Or a proper lizard in armor!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

PMush Perfect posted:

Or a proper lizard in armor!

But if they did that he'd look like War Greymon, one of Digimon's best known designs and most beloved designs, and who wants that?

Actually me now that I think of it. I was never War Greymon's biggest fan but now I honestly say I appreciate him a lot more.

Or to quote someone who sums up my thoughts after the last three weeks of the thread:

Burkion posted:

You know, maybe I am ready for that new Digimon Adventure reboot

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Cyber Sleuth was on sale and it's as fun as people were saying. My only problems are that I can't go back to any of the tutorial information and reread all the mechanics and that everyone talks way too much, all the time, about things that don't matter. I appreciate flavor in my video games but not all these characters need my number. Who is Jimiken? Stop talking to me about Jimiken.

I recently met Jimiken and can't beat Jimiken.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Digimon Chronicle's author posted a non-official Digimon, Zexmon. This Digimon is an X-Antibody one, formed from the fusion of Imperialdramon and Armagemon in order to combat Omegamon X. While it wasn't made canon, it was the base of an actual canon mon, Chaosmon.
https://twitter.com/alnico6221/status/1233791459611951106

Also, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru (artist for both the Digimon Adventure and Dragon Ball Z anime) drew Taichi in Dragon Ball's style.
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1233843393492639746

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don’t really get the logic of pairing Imperialdramon with Armagemon.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode was the one to take out Armagemon in that 02 movie, so Zexmon's like the reverse.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode was the one to take out Armagemon in that 02 movie, so Zexmon's like the reverse.

Yeah, it's as if it was a fusion of Omegamon and Diaboromon.

Also these are kind of neat even if some are terrifying:
https://twitter.com/sindorman/status/1234137394783379456
https://twitter.com/sindorman/status/1234173387725066244

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The gap between Moltres and Birdramon is basically nonexistent and holy gently caress that Angemon/Mr. Mime.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Trying to decide if I should see Kizuna in theaters or if I should just wait for it to be on Crunchyroll. On one hand I hear it’s bad and my Japanese listening skill is mediocre so I’ll probably understand only half of it. On the other hand, I managed to get some enjoyment out of Tri and it probably would be better with the big screen and surround sound, plus I think you get free goodies? I don’t know.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, it's as if it was a fusion of Omegamon and Diaboromon.

Also these are kind of neat even if some are terrifying:
https://twitter.com/sindorman/status/1234137394783379456
https://twitter.com/sindorman/status/1234173387725066244

This is rad as hell!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Garurumon as Arcanine and Ikkakumon as Dewgong are inspired as hell (though Tentomon Ledyba and Piyomon Sparrow are also amazing).

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
angemon should have been machamp

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Bandai has finally advertised that there are English Digimon v-pets again even once.

The first versions of these came out last year and Bandai never even mentioned them.

https://twitter.com/BandaiAmerica/status/1235273834732965890

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have a bit of footage of Adventure reboot. Not much, but our first proper footage of it nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/a248ZbPbI3TipDP/status/1235697790056951808

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4rHohJexY

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well I didn’t really see anything I recognized from the original (not counting the characters of course) and there was even a shot of Agumon fighting what appeared to be some new Digimon. So I guess this series is more of a reboot than a straight remake.

Despite being yet more Adventure related content this could potentially be decent if handled right. We’ll see of course.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a little concerned that we only see Agumon, but it sure as hell looks better than what we know about Last Evo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm a little concerned that we only see Agumon, but it sure as hell looks better than what we know about Last Evo.

To be fair, it’s a promo trailer and he’s basically the lead Digimon of the series. I’m sure the others will pop up eventually.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's probably just footage from the first episode

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We'll know soon, I didn't realize it started next month.

But we knew the beginning would be Taichi-only from the summaries. The rest will join soon after for sure (except maybe Hikari if they want to keep the original 7+1 rather than starting with all 8) but it's likely episode 1 will be only those two.

EDIT: Opening and ending revealed!
OP: Mikakunin Hikou Buttai/"UFO" (未確認飛行物体) by Tanimoto Takayoshi
ED: Kuyashisa wa Tane/"Chagrin is a Seed" (悔しさは種) by Fujikawa Chiai

It feels so fitting that Tanimoto is behind the opening. He was behind the opening and ending to Dragon Ball Kai, another nostalgia product with Nakatsuru art, so it just feels right to have him here (well, it'd feel even more right if we had Koji Wada, RIP). He's also already worked on Digimon before, he sung One Vision for Tamers and a bunch of songs for Xros Wars.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 6, 2020

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Those little green things in the trailer look like heavily redesign Kuramon but with Algomon’s colors and a variation of the eye markings on his body. Plus there’s a part of the trailer where some sort of tentacled creature crashes into the ground, which could be Algomon in his “worm phase”, i.e. when his lower body becomes bones and he becomes rooted to the ground.

I don’t think those are new Digimon as much as they are attack drones of some sort for Algomon. Like Vamdemon’s bats.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

do we know how many episodes this is gonna be?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1235755008714518530
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1235755011746996224

They haven't changed much beyond clothes and even in that some are extremely similar. Points to Takeru for carrying his dub name on his cap though.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Matt’s purple shirt is weirding me out. Glad they didn’t mess with Mimi’s design though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mimi has her hat, reboot confirmed good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure that's just Joe's original design and Matt now looks like Gary Oak.

I'm fond of TK's new hat. They should sell it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1235755008714518530
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1235755011746996224

They haven't changed much beyond clothes and even in that some are extremely similar. Points to Takeru for carrying his dub name on his cap though.

Works for me, I’ve missed Mimi’s hat.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just Joe's original design and Matt now looks like Gary Oak.

I'm fond of TK's new hat. They should sell it.

Jou wears long pants instead of shorts now

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
TK is weirding me the hell out, idk if it's the head proportion compared to the body or what

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For what it is, its looking very good.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Izzy's boots look like he's wearing socks with sandals and that feels very on brand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

TK is weirding me the hell out, idk if it's the head proportion compared to the body or what

It's the hat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Izzy's boots look like he's wearing socks with sandals and that feels very on brand.
I can't unsee it and I don't want to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So looking at those character bios, I'm assuming they're rough translations since THE INTERNET probably means Digital World and such but...there's something interesting going on.

Gatomon is implied to have a presence in the show from early on, and there was some 'Ancient Battle', which isn't too different from Adventure proper except for one thing. In Adventure, the Ancient Battle was never involving the main kids or their digimon but some other group we didn't know. IN the character bios here, however, Patamon and Agumon are specifically called out as having fought in the ancient battles, and Agumon remembers Tai from the past.

Matt also has apparently been in/aware of the Digital World longer than Tai which is interesting on its own.

It makes me wonder if this won't tie into the original series in some way, assuming these translations aren't screwing something up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

So looking at those character bios, I'm assuming they're rough translations since THE INTERNET probably means Digital World and such but...there's something interesting going on.

Gatomon is implied to have a presence in the show from early on, and there was some 'Ancient Battle', which isn't too different from Adventure proper except for one thing. In Adventure, the Ancient Battle was never involving the main kids or their digimon but some other group we didn't know. IN the character bios here, however, Patamon and Agumon are specifically called out as having fought in the ancient battles, and Agumon remembers Tai from the past.

Matt also has apparently been in/aware of the Digital World longer than Tai which is interesting on its own.

It makes me wonder if this won't tie into the original series in some way, assuming these translations aren't screwing something up.

I thought the same. With the idea that an ancient battle happened with at least some of the Partner Digimon involved, and even moreso, the fact that it specifically says that Patamon's evolved form did, it makes me wonder if this is really an Adventure reboot or if we're seeing something completely connected with the original series and just something got the reset button in-series, causing everyone to go back to being children several years too late, and this Ancient Battle is a random, incomplete memory of what happened in the original Adventure, in Patamon's case specifically the Devimon fight.

Here's said profiles by the way.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

If it turns out that this timeline is a fork from Tri where they lost and the world was reset and now the hope is for a new, better ending I'd be... Well not exactly "excited" or "eager" or "pleased" but I would be interested.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 6, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gatomon also has an interesting tag, that implies she's going to be around from the start just not directly interacting. Also Patamon's evolution is not called out as Angemon if that ends up meaning anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I’m really torn on this cause it all looks and sounds really fun interesting, but the burns from the last Digimon Adventure thing that looked cool and interesting are still hot. If there’s someone with experience making not bad things on staff then there’s hope?