Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

cuntman.net posted:

if sheevs son is a clone of him and sheevs son fucks does that mean that sheev by extension also fucks? come on guys you have to give me this one

In an upcoming novel we will find out Sheev jr just found a better cloning machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Possibilities for super emotional storytelling left by TLJ's ending:

- Finn must find a way to friendzone Rose while they both process the PTSD from murdering all their loving friends
- REYLO
-

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Don't forget the tragedy of Maz Kanata blasting her own workers.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If Rian wanted rich emotional storytelling he should have put it in his movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saint Drogo posted:

Possibilities for super emotional storytelling left by TLJ's ending:

- Finn must find a way to friendzone Rose while they both process the PTSD from murdering all their loving friends
- REYLO
-

Or from the Treverrow script Rey/Poe. You know, two characters who barely interacted in the first two movies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sequeldome: Come back George, all is forgiven

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Mooey Cow posted:

i may not approve, but Maz Kanata is an S-tier capitalist. shooting her labour force back into line while skype calling her goons to go smash up a rival business. :golfclap:

muscles like this! posted:

Or from the Treverrow script Rey/Poe. You know, two characters who barely interacted in the first two movies.
i think they flat out didn't even interact lol.

i totally forgot who colin treverow was, so I had no idea how bad that script was gonna be. it was delightful.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sheevs clone, sheeev

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

In an upcoming novel we will find out Sheev jr just found a better cloning machine.

lol but also :negative:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Disney/Fox announces they're going to retitle Avatar 2 as Star Wars Episode VII and "try again"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Drogo posted:

i think they flat out didn't even interact lol.

i totally forgot who colin treverow was, so I had no idea how bad that script was gonna be. it was delightful.

It's even better, the single time they interact in either movie at the end of TLJ was added in reshoots at Trevorrow's request.

Dude really wanted Poe to gently caress Rey for some reason

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Squizzle posted:

sheevs clone, sheeev

Shuuv

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the secret template: shev

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Saint Drogo posted:

nvm the lightsabre, remember when we thought this character would have reasons to exist?

Here is her reason to exist: She helped leia steal a bounty hunter's armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOQwKCm-IY

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
love that canon is now coming in the form of bitstrips voiced by a 10th grade theater class

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Squizzle posted:

sheevs clone, sheeev

Speaking of Sheev Palpatine loving are you familiar with the "Bigger Sheev" fan theory? You can guess what it is about

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

Speaking of Sheev Palpatine loving are you familiar with the "Bigger Sheev" fan theory? You can guess what it is about

sheev created lukes friend, biggs??

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sheev has kids all over the drat galaxy

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

nine-gear crow posted:

Here you go, kid. Fill your boots.

I'm more or less serious. JJ's first draft of TFA began with Luke's severed hand, still clutching the lightsaber drifting through space for no reason, and I think that's how The Glove of Darth Vader opens as well, only with, as you might expect, the Glove of Darth Vader rather than Luke's Hand.

The Sequel Trilogy is just a big budget and even sloppier adaptation of the Jedi Prince young readers book series.

The Jedi Prince books at least tried to justify Vader’s glove ending up where it did. I had those things as a kid and remember waaaay to much of them.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/PollyannaDays/status/941516025073426434?s=19

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

People talk about "Bigger Luke" a lot but Star Trek really does have a larger version of Spock, Spock Two

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nine-gear crow posted:

Here you go, kid. Fill your boots.

I'm more or less serious. JJ's first draft of TFA began with Luke's severed hand, still clutching the lightsaber drifting through space for no reason, and I think that's how The Glove of Darth Vader opens as well, only with, as you might expect, the Glove of Darth Vader rather than Luke's Hand.

The Sequel Trilogy is just a big budget and even sloppier adaptation of the Jedi Prince young readers book series.

Also with Dark Empire at the end.

They nuked the old EU so they could bring it back worse in every way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Barudak posted:

Shes in all 3 films too. Its great

Wait, she was in Rise of Skywalker? lol I completely forgot about that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC she's the one who gives Chewie the medal.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
She just hangs around, sometimes gives exposition for Leia, doesn't seem to have any interest in running a bar any more

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im going to tell myself that means the union won and took it over

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mooey Cow posted:

She was having a union dispute

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Even if you assume Maz Kanata fell on hard times which is why shes slumming it in ROS, you basically have to accept shell get a new bar and closer government ties to gently caress up future workers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Barudak posted:

Even if you assume Maz Kanata fell on hard times which is why shes slumming it in ROS, you basically have to accept shell get a new bar and closer government ties to gently caress up future workers

This is the kind of thing that happens when your art has no grounding in morality!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Kylo begging darth vader's helmet for strength to be evil never sat right with me. Evil is short sighted. Being evil is basically the easiest thing ever you just do whatever you would be inclined to do and never think about anyone else's well-being.

Being good is really fuckin hard. People don't have this weird natural inclination toward good like Kylo was claiming he had instead good is something you learn as you come to a greater understanding that other human beings lives have value. You should never need to pray to a helmet to not feel like doing good anymore if you are dumb and shortsighted enough to even consider that a worthwhile activity you were probably never mature enough to actually be a good person to begin with!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Evil is weird. The Spartans instituted brutal slavery so they didn't have to work in the fields, then dedicated their lives to rigorous training and austere living anyway. CEOs and politicians have the power and money to go anywhere and do anything, and use it to spend their time in various office jobs finding ways to make people's lives worse for money that they will never spend.

Jenny Nicholson talked in one of her videos about some EU Dark Jedi who was peer pressured into killing his girlfriend so he could get more power that he wouldn't enjoy because his girlfriend was dead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sure but they gain something from it. Kylo is just begging to be evil, like he lives in a world where if you are good good stuff happens to you and he wants some reason to do bad things because "easy rewards" or "has a thirst for horrible ideology" just arent things that he can process

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the ridiculous antics of the evil sorcerer and necromancer sheev palpatine as he schemes his way to the throne of the space kingdom are the best part of Star Wars.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

They nuked the old EU so they could bring it back worse in every way.

You should reread Dark Empire. The sequel trilogy ranges from mixed to really bad, but even TROS at its worst has nothing on DE's completely nonsense story

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might dislike the franchise now but star wars really did give us a lot of iconic arch sorcerer croaking and evil blue lightning. James earl jones does a pretty good evil warlord shtick in it too but as a fan of evil sorcerers I’m partial to his role in Conan.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

the ridiculous antics of the evil sorcerer and necromancer sheev palpatine as he schemes his way to the throne of the space kingdom are the best part of Star Wars.

I really like the story of his noble knight born from nothing and reduced to but a suit of walking armor finding his humanity at the end even as the black magics destroy him.

Not as big a fan about the later tale of a barkeep who murders employees who talk back to them.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

You should reread Dark Empire. The sequel trilogy ranges from mixed to really bad, but even TROS at its worst has nothing on DE's completely nonsense story

dark emoire.has cam kennedy art, which elevates it .always worth reading

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine how much better that last movie would have been if instead of awkwardly introduced sith cultists all those star destroyers were staffed by skeletons raised by his dark magic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

While I like it, your idea is also unfairly weighted towards "yeah, thatd be a good change" because almost any idea, down to palpatine doing a little soft shoe number called "Rey, baby, Ill make you a Star (Wars)", would have been an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Barudak posted:

While I like it, your idea is also unfairly weighted towards "yeah, thatd be a good change" because almost any idea, down to palpatine doing a little soft shoe number called "Rey, baby, Ill make you a Star (Wars)", would have been an improvement.

Reason #978979089798908989809 Rise of Skywalker sucks: No Palpatine villain song.

also :lol: @ Disney trying to run the "PALPATINE FUCKS NOW" horse back in the barn by clarifying that Rey's dad was just a Sheev clone too.