Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

David Starr and Damian Dunne

please tell me Starr has been drafted into the Anti-Fun Police

I need this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

RevPro High Stakes is a week away. Full card:

Dan Moloney vs Jeff Cobb
LA Park vs Eddie Kingston in a no-DQ match
Hikuleo vs Carlos Romo vs Mark Haskins vs Kyle Fletcher vs Chris Brookes vs Kurtis Chapman in a six-man scramble
The Legion (Rampage Brown and The Great O-Kharn) defend the tag titles against David Starr and Damian Dunne
Zoe Lucas defends the women's title against Gisele Shaw
Ricky Knight Jr defends the SpeedKing title against Robbie X
El Phantasmo defends the Cruiserweight title against Michael Oku
Zack Sabre Jr defends the British title against Will Ospreay

I'm so, so psyched for this show. Uprising was a little underwhelming but this one looks insanely good. As far as replacements for Sha Samuels go, Eddie is a big improvement. Moloney/Cobb could be a sleeper hit as well. Anyone else going to this one?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This week's We The Independent podcast was a treat. Sold me completely on TK Cooper and Chuck Mambo just by letting them have fun and talk with passion.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Chris James 2 posted:

Dan Moloney vs Jeff Cobb
Hikuleo vs Carlos Romo vs Mark Haskins vs Kyle Fletcher vs Chris Brookes vs Kurtis Chapman in a six-man scramble
The Legion (Rampage Brown and The Great O-Kharn) defend the tag titles against David Starr and Damian Dunne
Gonna see this with my SO, perfect valentine IMO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dan Moloney vs Jeff Cobb

Bumping as a general reminder this is Friday

Also there's an ICW/Wrestling Experience Scotland show in Bathgate on Saturday. Card's def not as strong but if you're in the area live wrestling's fun?/if you're subbed to them on Pivotshare it might be worth a watch on-demand?
Jack Jester vs Kieran Kelly
Luke Kyro vs Jackie Polo
Isla Dawn vs Angel Hayze
Leyton Buzzard vs Jack Morris
The Purge (Krobar and Stevie James) vs Just Uz (BT Gunn and Stevie Boy)
Grado vs Wolfgang

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

does RevPro stream because I gotta see all those matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

Not live but they're on demand on Pivotshare for $8.50/month https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ (different link than the one in the OP which doesn't go anywhere anymore for me)

Don't know how quick they upload in general, Raw Deal happened Feb 1 and got uploaded 5 days later

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Not live but they're on demand on Pivotshare for $8.50/month https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ (different link than the one in the OP which doesn't go anywhere anymore for me)

Don't know how quick they upload in general, Raw Deal happened Feb 1 and got uploaded 5 days later

The York Hall shows tend to get uploaded in 48 hours but because it's got a big NJPW title match and a great card, they might get it done in 24

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

in the past the NJPW matches have sometimes showed up on NJPWWorld as well.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I wouldn't expect them on World for a while. I can see them using this card to get more RevPro subscribers. But I'd think that at least Ospreay/ZSJ and ELP/Oku will go up on there eventually

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
So, someone might have noticed over at the MOTYC thread two people talking about Finnish wrestling every once in a while.

So just wanted to plug them ACTUALLY UPLOADING a match to Youtube, with (Finnish) commentary!

"Tikapuut taivaaseen" (Ladder to Heaven) Ladder Match for the FCF Championship (Talvisota XIV, 7.12.2019):
Heimo Ukonselkä(c) vs Vili Raato vs IONI vs Dynastia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUoQZ-lhBc

(It's not the match of the night, but kinda fun live. Have to rewatch just for the commentary).

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

coconono posted:

Recommend getting the show from the RevPro site when it's up. Easily the best wrestling show I've ever been to. Every match delivered in it's own way and the Ospreay/ZSJ match was even better than their NJPW match.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ELP vs Michael Oku and ZSJ vs Ospreay were seriously good and worth the ticket alone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleGatePro/status/1229442795729014785?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Shooter's anime hair is coming along nicely

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

£25 for a ringside seat to see a future IWGP Heavyweight Champion seems a pretty good deal. Shame it'd cost me about £200 to get there & back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Dan Moloney vs Jeff Cobb

This is available now https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/high-stakes-2020/94741

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Schadengraps was one hell of an experience. all of the wrestlers were mingling around before and after save for Brookes and ELP, who was a surprise entrant in the 10-man Inflatable Battle Royal. ELP’s music hit at #8 and he came out, destroyed the inflatables, then was kicked out by Aleah James who was in a shark suit.

the “gently caress Off Chrissy B” gauntlet where he did one minute rounds vs. EVERYBODY was fun and there were random surprise entrants like Flash Morgan Webster and Charli Evans.

Really interesting vibe; the comedy club they perform in held like... 150 people tops, fun sense of community (other than some people who had the “wow you loving bandwagoner” response) and I got a few free drinks (and a lot of poo poo) for flying out from Oregon for the show.

Hopefully they keep the show going while Brookes is in Japan because they’ve definitely created something special.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I used to go Progress shows fairly regularly a few years ago, but then moved away from London and pretty much stopped following them. I’m back now and I remember tickets for Camden shows used to sell out instantly, but I’ve just checked for their show this weekend and I can still get silver tickets. Is this the norm now? Does no fucker go anymore?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

progress is dead i think. the hot ticket is SCHADENGRAPS

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Raffles posted:

I used to go Progress shows fairly regularly a few years ago, but then moved away from London and pretty much stopped following them. I’m back now and I remember tickets for Camden shows used to sell out instantly, but I’ve just checked for their show this weekend and I can still get silver tickets. Is this the norm now? Does no fucker go anymore?

I think it's more that the die-hards who would usually sell out the Ballroom got jaded with both the quality of the storytelling and the increased closeness with WWE. You can't rekindle that enthusiasm.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

progress is dead i think. the hot ticket is SCHADENGRAPS

which may be dead as well (at least for now) due to the show ending with Chief Deputy Dunne stabbing Brookes in the gut and everyone reacting in slow motion to his "death" while Enya's "Only Time" played.
I talked to a few of they boys after the show (mostly to thank them for the Twitch streams since Americans like myself and other folks who can't make it to the shows for various reasons and thanking Davis for a ticket after some twitter madness occurred) and they said there are no pl,ans to continue 'graps while Brookes is living in Tokyo. Could be a swerve, maybe not, either way I hope they'll continue with shows if/when Brookes visits home a couple of times.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/shawgab/status/1229904826080866305?s=09

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Card for that PROGRESS show Sunday btw:

Ilja Dragunov vs Malik
Gisele Shaw vs Chakara
More Than Hype (LJ Cleary, Darren Kearney and Nathan Martin) vs WALTER and Anti Fun Police (Chief Deputy Dunn and Los Federales Santos Jr)
Jinny and Toni Storm vs Medusa Complex (Millie McKenzie and Charli Evans)
Scotty Davis and Jordan Devlin defend the tag titles against Workhorsemen (JD Drake and Anthony Henry)
Paul Robinson defends the Proteus title against Kyle Fletcher
Cara Noir defends the world title against Mark Andrews

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I see Progress have decided that the next evolution of the groundbreaking Jinny-Toni Storm feud is that they both should team up with each other.

Can't wait for the breakup angle

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Card for that PROGRESS show Sunday btw:

Ilja Dragunov vs Malik
Gisele Shaw vs Chakara
More Than Hype (LJ Cleary, Darren Kearney and Nathan Martin) vs WALTER and Anti Fun Police (Chief Deputy Dunn and Los Federales Santos Jr)
Jinny and Toni Storm vs Medusa Complex (Millie McKenzie and Charli Evans)
Scotty Davis and Jordan Devlin defend the tag titles against Workhorsemen (JD Drake and Anthony Henry)
Paul Robinson defends the Proteus title against Kyle Fletcher
Cara Noir defends the world title against Mark Andrews

That entire card has two matches not featuring talent under contract to WWE. It's a bit sad really.

Ovid
Jul 16, 2003
Yes.

the escape goat posted:

which may be dead as well (at least for now) due to the show ending with Chief Deputy Dunne stabbing Brookes in the gut and everyone reacting in slow motion to his "death" while Enya's "Only Time" played.
I talked to a few of they boys after the show (mostly to thank them for the Twitch streams since Americans like myself and other folks who can't make it to the shows for various reasons and thanking Davis for a ticket after some twitter madness occurred) and they said there are no pl,ans to continue 'graps while Brookes is living in Tokyo. Could be a swerve, maybe not, either way I hope they'll continue with shows if/when Brookes visits home a couple of times.

https://twitter.com/schadengraps/status/1231220103682777088?s=21

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

just saw that! very glad I was wrong!

Ovid
Jul 16, 2003
Yes.

the escape goat posted:

just saw that! very glad I was wrong!

Yeah I’m away for it, it’s the first one I’ll miss, I’m gutted

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

That entire card has two matches not featuring talent under contract to WWE. It's a bit sad really.

Well of course, without WWE, there wouldn't be a UK wrestling scene, after all! (Because at this point it would utterly collapse if they refused to book their talent out to their pet indies)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
RevPro just announced two matches for Epic Encounter in May:

Ospreay Vs Starr in a title unification match
ZSJ Vs Eddie Kingston

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Should be good. Also Cockpit 50 was a lot of fun, although the last match was painful to watch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

RevPro just announced two matches for Epic Encounter in May:

Ospreay Vs Starr in a title unification match
ZSJ Vs Eddie Kingston

:yeshaha:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I sold my ticket to 16 Carat Gold this year, as I couldn't go. Now they've got Coronavirus scares, Lio Rush, Veit Muller and Alex Shelley pulling out (WWE pulling him, Dunno, and Coronavirus because Shelly works with people with compromised immune systems respectively), Flybe airline collapse, protests at the station at Oberhausen.

I'm sure it'll be good but it looks a bit hosed.

I went in 2018, it was amazing. Sigh.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Eh, Lio got replaced with Jeff Cobb, which is a clear upgrade, and Veit hasn't been around too much anyway.

Then again, the bar is low considering the last tag tournament has so many last minute drop outs and injuries that they decided the whole event is too much trouble to book anymore...

(I also insist on being optimistic since I am literally on a plane leaving for Dusseldorf)

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Eh, Lio got replaced with Jeff Cobb, which is a clear upgrade, and Veit hasn't been around too much anyway.

Then again, the bar is low considering the last tag tournament has so many last minute drop outs and injuries that they decided the whole event is too much trouble to book anymore...

(I also insist on being optimistic since I am literally on a plane leaving for Dusseldorf)

Have fun dude, I'm sure it'll be good.

Apparently Inner Circle was amazing. I'm just talking it down because I' can't go.

Currently making GBS threads it because coronavirus might do for Patricks day parade here by a public announcement, and that may make things difficult to have OTT Scrappermania here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Von Linus posted:

Currently making GBS threads it because coronavirus might do for Patricks day parade here by a public announcement.

It really should

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It really should

As long as they allow gatherings of 2300 fans of wrestling I couldn't give a gently caress about the parade, but I think if they'll shut the parade everything is at risk.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Feels like a parade that's going to draw orders of magnitude more people than any wrestling show on the planet being cancelled should be in an entirely different tier of concern than a much smaller gathering, I don't see how cancelling the big thing should impact the little thing.

Unless they go by "look how important the thing we just cancelled was, better cancel all the unimportant things too so nobody complains" metrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Unless they go by "look how important the thing we just cancelled was, better cancel all the unimportant things too so nobody complains" metrics.

The above is my fear. THey won't give a gently caress about anything else in comparative economic terms. so why not drop everything so they can show they're active. I'm in loads of whatsapp groups with people who are all freaking out about how the government isn't doing enough.