Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean the ideal story is her to lose and then murder the other 5 entrants one by one in singles matches but Vince couldn't write a hot push to save his life at this point.

Also lol Darkstar do you really think they'd go with Io or Bianca over just doing the Charlotte feud? If Bianca gets called up and doesn't vanish instantly into the jobber zone I would be so shocked.

Yeah. I think WWE is pretty self aware at this point that no one wants to see Charlotte/Becky again for a very long time. That being said, I still feel like Shayna might win at Wrestlemania, just so they can run Charlotte/Shayna after Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Charlotte/Shayna sounds like you're trying to get me back for being mean to you with a vision of sports entertainment HELL

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
There's a chance we could see Charlotte try to potato Shayna which would be interesting

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The most WWE thing would be to have Charlotte beat everyone at EC as a surprise and have her face Becky at Mania after she beats Rhea.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can't believe the crowd was dead for a 13 minute competitive match with someone who is slightly above jobber level.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just see nothing worth watching in shayna. like 0. she's just one of those bland, slow heels.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

Can't believe the crowd was dead for a 13 minute competitive match with someone who is slightly above jobber level.

Kairi losing in a squash wouldn't have made a difference. Shayna got the same reactions during the Survivor Series match last year as well. Her style just isn't compelling viewing.

Another big problem is that Shayna NEEDS an underdog babyface to play off of. And the main roster has buried every single underdog babyface in the women's division by either piling on a ton of losses, or turning them heel, or both!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is from a while back, so I'm sorry. But related to WWE paying Konnor of Surf Dudes With AttitudesThe Ascension to sit at home for 9 months before future endeavouring him before his contract ran out:

Given how long JTG stayed sat on his arse at home, did he sign a contract in that time? How else could he have been under payroll for so long without doing anything? Or did they decide to stop using him at the beginning of a new contract, and that explains the long time they forgot about him before he picked up his phone?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Blaise330 posted:

Spider woulda been the ultimate final boss for R Truth's 24/7 title if he's still arachnophobic.
Ugh, that reminds me of when Cole ruined the punch-line of the joke by knowing the script.

R-Truth: That's because I'm acrophobic
Cole: Acrophobic? That's the fear of spiders!
R-Truth: When I climb that ladder, I don't wanna find spiders in it!
(Cole laughing his rear end off despite ruining the joke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6S-UmRVdTw

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Ugh, that reminds me of when Cole ruined the punch-line of the joke by knowing the script.

R-Truth: That's because I'm acrophobic
Cole: Acrophobic? That's the fear of spiders!
R-Truth: When I climb that ladder, I don't wanna find spiders in it!
(Cole laughing his rear end off despite ruining the joke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6S-UmRVdTw

Vince: "Explain the drat joke to the audience dammit!"

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

Why is X-Pac being inducted as an NWO member?

Syxx/X-Pac, from what I remember, was also the first member of the NWO to be beaten. He lost to Jericho when he was the Cruiserweight champ.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's some real pathos in Steve Austin turning from an anti-authority badass into just another shill promoting the latest piece of corporate branding

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

There's some real pathos in Steve Austin turning from an anti-authority badass into just another shill promoting the latest piece of corporate branding

:bahgawd: AUSTIN HAS SOLD HIS SOUL TO SATAN HIMSELF

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Stone Cold Steve Austin tweeting hashtags is hilarious to me.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

drew claymores austin and the crowd instantly turns on him. vince freaks out and brock squashes drew at mania in 30 seconds and were stuck with another year of brock being champ. BUT THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

WWE and The Revival are battling for intellectual property rights since it appears The Revival is leaving next month, with AEW looking to be the likely destination. WWE has filed for trademarks on the terms The Mechanics, which was the name they used before the Revival, and the term “No Flips, Just Fists.” The team was trying to get a trademark for the latter term.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hope the WWE successfully files the trademark on "no flips, just fists" and the Revival is never allowed to use it again

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Seth Rollins posted:

i hope the WWE successfully files the trademark on "no flips, just fists" and the Revival is never allowed to use it again

Im more sad they cannot use the mechanics as that was clearly the million dollar name aew were banking on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW could probably get away with calling them Stan and Clive and they'd still be instant stars just because they jumped ship

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Congratulations to AJ Styles for winning PWI's Wrestler of the Decade Award

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Rarity posted:

AEW could probably get away with calling them Stan and Clive

I want this to happen so bad now

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

Congratulations to AJ Styles for winning PWI's Wrestler of the Decade Award

Did they just memory hole Okada or what?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

You can't put Okada on the front cover of a US magazine and get a boost in sales, where as AJ on the cover you might.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

You can't put Okada on the front cover of a US magazine and get a boost in sales, where as AJ on the cover you might.

:hmmyes:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cerebral Bore posted:

what is an "okada" is it some sort of name for actual wrestler of the 2010s daniel bryan danielson

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

someone on the bad site said call them the arrival

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

what is an "okada" is it some sort of name for actual wrestler of the 2010s daniel bryan danielson

Didn't that guy spend the decade working for the WWE? Kinda feel that disqualifies him.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

What's a Danielson? Whatever it is it sounds too short to be a real top guy.
:vincesay:

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
Daniel Bryan is the most over person in the company, right? Who is he fighting at Wrestlemania?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

drew gulak

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

cauliflower jones posted:

Daniel Bryan is the most over person in the company, right? Who is he fighting at Wrestlemania?
[Feud not found]

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spider, for Rowan's affection.

I dunno about you guys but I'm hyped, just think what kind of submissions Dbry could put on an opponent with 8 legs.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Blaise330 posted:

Spider, for Rowan's affection.

I dunno about you guys but I'm hyped, just think what kind of submissions Dbry could put on an opponent with 8 legs.

None because that spider will do a brock style squash of Shorty D

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Global warming.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Even though that mag is kayfabe, AJ Styles had a bigger multi-promption 2010s than Okada did. AJ started 2010 has the top guy of TNA and multi time world champ there until he left and popped a bunch of indy fed gates. returned to ROH with a bunch of good matches, helped NJPW break into the US and ROH even more with the Bullet Club as IWGP champion. Then came into WWE as a big deal upper midcard/main eventer with multiple high profile angles, became WWE champ as the star of Smackdown last time people enjoyed it, and has stayed as a focus of WWE as an actual good US champion.

Okada started his decade as a young lion in a promtion most people globally didn't care about, went to TNA as a Green Hornet butler gimmick, returned to NJPW having a bad look and match then got his first IWGP reign which didnt go over well at first. NJPW still wasn't that important outside of Japan or streaming the G1 Climax for $200 on ustream in 2012 and 2013. Around 2014/2015 did NJPW start taking off partnering with US companies and putting AJ Styles against Okada. Then Okada was set as the top guy and NJPW was getting really hot globally for the later half of the decade.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Global warming.
gently caress they’re squashing bryan even worse than at 28

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WWE trying to trademark the Mechanics team name specifically to only gently caress them over is peak scumbag poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Mechanics is a lovely name anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bryan spent a good chunk of 2010 as a lower card geek in wwe and retired