Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Also, you would have to start a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

So, how do I find Electronics? I'm swimming in everything else but want Electronics to make some mods for my Turret that aren't rubbish.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Seedge posted:

So, how do I find Electronics? I'm swimming in everything else but want Electronics to make some mods for my Turret that aren't rubbish.

Well one way is every 5th SHD level you get an option to get free crafting mats of your choice. Other than that just run around and open up poo poo.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Peechka posted:

Well one way is every 5th SHD level you get an option to get free crafting mats of your choice. Other than that just run around and open up poo poo.

That fifth SHD level gets me 10 of them. I need hundreds, nay, thousands. It's the only material I'm short on as I dismantled so much though the base game run.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Seedge posted:

That fifth SHD level gets me 10 of them. I need hundreds, nay, thousands. It's the only material I'm short on as I dismantled so much though the base game run.

Pretty sure it’s in the Hyena and Black Tusk drop tables but you can check in the resources tab, each faction drops particular resources on kills.

e: and the black crafting material cases have electronics in them

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Any NA clans with space at the moment? I'm fairly casual (lol, just don't look at my playtime) and don't raid. I want access to that clan vendor and non-randos to team up with for bounties and DZ'ing.

Heck, if Hotdogs has a space it'd be nice for some Destiny 2/Div2 clan synergy.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Seedge posted:

Get the discovery buff from resupplying a control point then run through the East Mall zone and pick up everything you see. There are a lot of electronics boxes throughout there so taking 10-15 minutes whenever you play to go gather some is a good idea. Also be sure to break down unwanted gear set pieces because they give 4 of each blue crafting mat.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Anyone have an idea on what I should be doing here?
I can shoot that lock and come through, but I would expect there to be something I can shoot thats not visible to me from this side, but don't see anything of the sort.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

OgNar posted:

Anyone have an idea on what I should be doing here?
I can shoot that lock and come through, but I would expect there to be something I can shoot thats not visible to me from this side, but don't see anything of the sort.

I found that last night and wondered the same thing. My guess is that it could be Hunter-related, but I'm not sure.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If anyone on PS4 wants to farm blueprints tonight, let's group up. PSN: joedbaker

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Snuffman posted:

Any NA clans with space at the moment? I'm fairly casual (lol, just don't look at my playtime) and don't raid. I want access to that clan vendor and non-randos to team up with for bounties and DZ'ing.

Check the OP. THere's a discord where you can ask for an invite. I got one in a few hours.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Reminder, go into the in game shop and grab the season pass for Warlords season 1 for FREE before it starts Tuesday. Thats Right. Free season pass for the 1st season. LOOT LOOT LOOT AND MORE LOOT AND THE EMP STICKY.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Dead Like Rev posted:

Reminder, go into the in game shop and grab the season pass for Warlords season 1 for FREE before it starts Tuesday. Thats Right. Free season pass for the 1st season. LOOT LOOT LOOT AND MORE LOOT AND THE EMP STICKY.

What does it give you? I can't find any solid info on that.

I mean, free is free, but I want to know what I should be trying to find or loot or grab or whatever.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

I mean, free is free, but I want to know what I should be trying to find or loot or grab or whatever.

There are some hidden missions around DC, marked with a blue or purple icon, i forget.
When in that area you have to find the entrance.
They are just extra side missions really.
Though they do have items to find, nothing too exciting though.
But always nice to have extra free content.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OgNar posted:

There are some hidden missions around DC, marked with a blue or purple icon, i forget.

That’s the year 1 pass. The new “season passes” are going to be Fortnite battle passes and that’s what they’re talking about.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

OgNar posted:

Wrong, Warlords Season 1 is what im referring to.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Its the first "Season" kind of like a battlepass. Gain XP and complete the new Rogue missions to gain levels along the season granting gear sets, named items, cosmetics, caches, the works. Each Rank in the season has a different reward.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Oh wonderful. Battlepass bullshit. Another game that is going to want me do grind that out.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Lol they nerfed the lvl 40 vendors with the patch but didn't nerf the gear people already obtained from the vendors. Another fun gently caress you to casuals. Either nerf all the gear that came from the vendor or don't touch it. How hard is that?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Yeah I misunderstood.
Too many damned seasons.

Frustrated posted:

Lol they nerfed the lvl 40 vendors with the patch but didn't nerf the gear people already obtained from the vendors. Another fun gently caress you to casuals. Either nerf all the gear that came from the vendor or don't touch it. How hard is that?

Just noticed that, the Tactical MK 16 and the NBC gloves no longer have max stats. Thats kinda lovely.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can you start gaining ranks for the pass? Or not until Tuesday?

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Frustrated posted:

Yeah unfortunately this goes pretty much for all games these days. You either no life the release and exploit all the unfinished buggy poo poo people find, or else take months doing it the right way when they nerf all the exploits out within the first few weeks, which essentially is where it puts all us working stiffs.. So lets see, we had DZ that was dropping Mythic+ gear, we had an LMG that was doing 2x dmg making all the DZ trivial in a 4 man, way more trivial than any mythic mission or stronghold (still have not found that loving thing) we had firing range exploit, we had a vendor selling poo poo he was not supposed to exploit... Good luck catchign up to any of those that played and played hard the first week.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

^burtle posted:

Can you start gaining ranks for the pass? Or not until Tuesday?

Tuesday. They wanted to give people a week to finish the new content and hit level 40.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh wonderful. Battlepass bullshit. Another game that is going to want me do grind that out.

More of a "get free stuff for playing" Theres a few named weapons and skins but nothing that you'd miss out on forever. IIRC they said the named weapons enter the game WITH the season, so you just may lose out on a few skins?

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Snuffman posted:

I'll get you into hot dogs when I get home in a few hours! Just post your uplay in the discord.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Peechka posted:

Yeah unfortunately this goes pretty much for all games these days. You either no life the release and exploit all the unfinished buggy poo poo people find, or else take months doing it the right way when they nerf all the exploits out within the first few weeks, which essentially is where it puts all us working stiffs.. So lets see, we had DZ that was dropping Mythic+ gear, we had an LMG that was doing 2x dmg making all the DZ trivial in a 4 man, way more trivial than any mythic mission or stronghold (still have not found that loving thing) we had firing range exploit, we had a vendor selling poo poo he was not supposed to exploit... Good luck catchign up to any of those that played and played hard the first week.

Poor little working stiff.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Jose Oquendo posted:

Tuesday. They wanted to give people a week to finish the new content and hit level 40.

That is why I was confused about the rush but I can also guess there will be bugs haha.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

There is a section with 3 underground entrances right near the "D-Railed" control point. There is a room in it that has what looks like a leaking gas pipe that keeps catching on fire blocking it. Does anyone know how to make it stop? I looked around that section for a valve or a yellow box or something, but couldn't find anything. I even went above ground but I didn't see anything there either.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

myron cope posted:

There is a section with 3 underground entrances right near the "D-Railed" control point. There is a room in it that has what looks like a leaking gas pipe that keeps catching on fire blocking it. Does anyone know how to make it stop? I looked around that section for a valve or a yellow box or something, but couldn't find anything. I even went above ground but I didn't see anything there either.

If thats the one i'm thinking of, you should be able to walk right in.
As long as there are no enemies about to hinder your regen, you should be fine.

So a 45 min run today nets me 4 nightwatchers I don't really need.
Thanks loot table.

e: And 4 Pointman armors also, it seems.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 6, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Can you reassign the points from SHD levels? I don't see the option but since they're basically Paragon levels from Diablo I kinda figured you'd be able to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

Can you reassign the points from SHD levels? I don't see the option but since they're basically Paragon levels from Diablo I kinda figured you'd be able to.

Doesn't look like it. The bulk of it all having caps means you eventually fill it all up so a respec (at that point) is unnecessary so why have it at all!

Also the SHD point that gets to go to a pittance of resources is incredibly loving dumb.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Well in Diablo you can put all your defensive points into armor if it suits your build, then change it to say, life regen when you want to run a different setup that would benefit more from that start. If you can't do that then you kind of have to commit to a setup to really get much benefit from them, at least until you've maxed everything out.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 7, 2020

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
god i wish i could put that 0.2% buff somewhere else WASTED OPPORTUNITY, MASSIVE

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Do you play this game or just complain about its thread?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah I should be more genuinely negative and dour about the game. Sorry.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zigmidge posted:

god i wish i could put that 0.2% buff somewhere else WASTED OPPORTUNITY, MASSIVE

Cool post, dumbass

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I'm not quite 40 yet (just got to 38 from the Dragov mission for the sticky bomb), but I've got a few little complaints. They're probably mostly just annoying to me, personally. First, why does the button to mark a spot on the map also switch tabs on the map? And why is map navigation seemingly the one category that they don't let you rebind anything on? Hold-to-activate is still annoying, especially when it completes the action before the bar even fills - why not just make the action a single click? Or, here's a novel idea: if the key you want to use for an action is already being used for something else, then USE. OTHER. KEYS. Those are mostly all release-day complaints from the first game, though. As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore? Finally, I'm torn between annoyance and respect for the top-tier troll: why did they add "pet the dog!" for New York, give an entire animal shelter safehouse (full of good dogs sitting there waiting for pets), and then not let you interact in any way with any of them?

I'm still enjoying the game, despite those annoyances. New York feels almost like it did in the first game, and very different from DC, which is good. With some of the Keener audiologs (the "Mark and Sarah" ones mostly), you'd think they were trying to reform him into being something other than an unrepentant sociopath bastard, but that's crazy talk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

beats for junkies posted:

I'm not quite 40 yet (just got to 38 from the Dragov mission for the sticky bomb), but I've got a few little complaints. They're probably mostly just annoying to me, personally. First, why does the button to mark a spot on the map also switch tabs on the map? And why is map navigation seemingly the one category that they don't let you rebind anything on? Hold-to-activate is still annoying, especially when it completes the action before the bar even fills - why not just make the action a single click? Or, here's a novel idea: if the key you want to use for an action is already being used for something else, then USE. OTHER. KEYS. Those are mostly all release-day complaints from the first game, though. As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore? Finally, I'm torn between annoyance and respect for the top-tier troll: why did they add "pet the dog!" for New York, give an entire animal shelter safehouse (full of good dogs sitting there waiting for pets), and then not let you interact in any way with any of them?

I'm still enjoying the game, despite those annoyances. New York feels almost like it did in the first game, and very different from DC, which is good. With some of the Keener audiologs (the "Mark and Sarah" ones mostly), you'd think they were trying to reform him into being something other than an unrepentant sociopath bastard, but that's crazy talk.

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

beats for junkies posted:

USE. OTHER. KEYS.

My guess? Consoles. You have limited key real estate on a controller, and they probably want the various key bindings to be a 1:1 translation (i.e. not having a bunch of extra keys on PC that the others don't have).

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

FAUXTON posted:

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

Not the ones in the animal shelter, but fair point. Killing them is a form of interaction.

Cyrano4747 posted:

My guess? Consoles. You have limited key real estate on a controller, and they probably want the various key bindings to be a 1:1 translation (i.e. not having a bunch of extra keys on PC that the others don't have).

That's probably it, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
hey wow double post while editing. first time for that!