Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ariong posted:

Looks like this has been deleted. What was it?

It was a tweet talking about how fans were worried when Square announced they were going to alter the crossdressing Cloud section of the game, only for the latest trailer to come out and reveal that they've made it somehow even more sexually fluid and risque than anyone ever thought possible, much to the Internet's delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

i guess the embed is still in my cache so here's a screengrab

original link still works for me, seems like a twitter hiccup

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Looks like this has been deleted. What was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O88Y_E-Srg&t=62s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Goa Tse-tung posted:

original link still works for me, seems like a twitter hiccup
links seem to have been quite flaky lately unless you delete the referral part of the url

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

CmdrKing posted:

I think I managed to burn out on it via chain plays to get that perfect ending (because fuuuuck getting 100% legit on a first run).
I was under the impression that this was actually impossible, and that 2 runs was the minimum to get the 101% needed to trigger the Perfect ending.

This is all based on my brother's rantings about his 200 hour save file that he had sequestered on a dedicated, labeled memory card.

IDK, I just watched the Perfect ending when he unlocked it, and blew through the game at my own pace. It's an interesting conclusion to the sub-franchise, but not remotely worth the scope of effort involved.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

FoldableHuman posted:

I was under the impression that this was actually impossible, and that 2 runs was the minimum to get the 101% needed to trigger the Perfect ending.

This is all based on my brother's rantings about his 200 hour save file that he had sequestered on a dedicated, labeled memory card.

IDK, I just watched the Perfect ending when he unlocked it, and blew through the game at my own pace. It's an interesting conclusion to the sub-franchise, but not remotely worth the scope of effort involved.

Without having done it myself, my understanding is it's possible, but only on one of the two routes, and includes clearing... either all or substantial portions of Via Infinito, in addition to getting every single minor scene in chapter 4 and some of the hidden content like the moogle suit cameo in the prologue.
But yeah it'd be legitimately faster to just NG+ it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can absolutely do it on the first run but there was a point where you're cross referencing multiple guides because each one is inevitably missing something and the GameFAQs forum could never decide which guide was 'correct'. There's poo poo like 'don't skip this specific character's dialogue box.' Or 'sleep at the Inn in your airship once in each chapter'. And everything with the goddamn Mi'ihen Highroad Mystery. You can get 100% on the first playthrough and you absolutely shouldn't.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Never stan anything. It's not an healthy way of appreciating stuff.

Ghostlight posted:

like, the song it comes from is explicitly about this but somehow the internet decided we needed to use it as a stronger version of fan - a word that itself is short for fanatic and was never supposed to be describing a healthy expression.

Solitair posted:

God, I thought I was the only person who realized this. Thank you.

Yeah for what it's worth I only use that term as "do not stan" as in, I won't get obsessive about something. Obviously the connotations of calling yourself one in the affirmative is a worrying thing to say.

That said purely from never thinking about it, or perhaps it's been so long since I actually did, I had not known/forgotten that fan comes from fanatic. Taking a second to think about it makes it obvious.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The worst thing about X-2 is Brother going from Airship Pilot to Weird Pervert

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Having only ever started (but not finished) X-2 I was always a little confused - why is there a Yuna Dresssphere that turns someone into a perfect replica of Yuna? I thought they only changed your outfit/class not your physical appearance?

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

It's a weird dropped plot thread. That specific Dressphere is basically possessed, but while Lenne does look a bit like Yuna they're definitely visually distinct so it shouldn't work the way it does in the prologue.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well at least that's something that's been bugging me for nigh on a decade solved. Hang on *opens tab* it came out in 2003? Jesus Christ so nearly 20 years it's been bothering me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

People please stop trying to 100% FFX2 on the first playthrough for a "perfect" ending

so many people ruin the game for themselves for no goddamn reason

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was pretty much told straight up that 100% in one go is entirely for people who have something to prove rather than people who want to have fun. Like that guy who got to Level 99 in the first Mako reactor of FF7.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tesseraction posted:

I was pretty much told straight up that 100% in one go is entirely for people who have something to prove rather than people who want to have fun. Like that guy who got to Level 99 in the first Mako reactor of FF7.

I've played through FF7 enough that now I make sure to get all the Limit Breaks available to a character the moment they're added to my party, just for fun. It is a tedious process, but it is satisfying to use Ungermax or Meteorain on the Guard Scorpion.

I would not ever level to 99 in the Mako Reactor for any reason. That's ridiculous.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I remember first getting Barret's Mindblow limit break and using it in a pinch only to find it removes MP not HP. Then I died. Thanks for nothing Barret.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

I did something like that about a quarter of the way through FF X but that was purely because the sphere grid level up system loving owns.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The perfect ending for X-2 also just leads into audio dramas that I never listened to, but the synopses sound pretty trash. By the end of the second one Sin is back and Yuna has to go do something about that again.

I was an idiot and tried to play X-2 100% and killed my own enjoyment. Later I read the LP that's in the archive and I definitely appreciate how it develops Yuna and concludes her arc across the two games.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Trojan Kaiju posted:

The perfect ending for X-2 also just leads into audio dramas that I never listened to, but the synopses sound pretty trash. By the end of the second one Sin is back and Yuna has to go do something about that again.

I was an idiot and tried to play X-2 100% and killed my own enjoyment. Later I read the LP that's in the archive and I definitely appreciate how it develops Yuna and concludes her arc across the two games.

are those the audio dramas where tidus tries to kick a bomb thinking it's a blitzball and fuckin dies again?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s one with a girl claiming she’s Auron’s daughter too. I’ve never seen it but I’m guessing she’s not.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

are those the audio dramas where tidus tries to kick a bomb thinking it's a blitzball and fuckin dies again?

Yes the audio dramas are incredibly bad.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What but that spoilered plotline sounds amazing?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

FFX-2.5 is so bad that they had to cancel FFX-3 after backlash. It's amazing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Did we have any info on FFX-3's planned synopsis or was it a black box never to be opened?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

FFX-2.5 is so bad that they had to cancel FFX-3 after backlash. It's amazing.

Do you have a source for this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I figured I should do my own drat looking it up after my last post and apparently it's not cancelled, they shelved it until FF7RE is done, according to this https://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/4176/kitase-reconfirms-they-sadly-cant-do-final-fantasy-x-3-until-vii-remake-is-done/

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Andrast posted:

Do you have a source for this?

I remember reading that the reviews on Amazon.jp for the FFX-2.5 book were so dire and people hated it so much that they essentially backed off from it. I don't believe there's been any official statement, but it is infamously terrible. The sudden pivot away from trying to make FFX-3 (from a company that loves to do FF sequels and trilogies to milk them for everything they're worth) was telling.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To be fair the statement that FF7R took priority makes sense given people have been screaming for it for ages. Pop out your remake and then you get to play with your sequel.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The audio drama and book things following after X-2 are absolutely abysmal, feel nothing like the games stories and try very hard to ruin good things, thus deserve to go into the history black hole if/when they do make an X-3.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 6, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I remember one of the main reasons I didn't get 100% right off was that you're apparently supposed to encourage Brother to lust after his cousin.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If we ever get FF X-3 we’ll find out Shinra killed Brother in between games

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I figured I should do my own drat looking it up after my last post and apparently it's not cancelled, they shelved it until FF7RE is done, according to this https://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/4176/kitase-reconfirms-they-sadly-cant-do-final-fantasy-x-3-until-vii-remake-is-done/

It's weird because after the FFX(-2) Remaster would probably have been the best time to focus on it, since X was back in the light, people were playing both games again, and I'm pretty sure it came with at least one of the audio dramas.

Tangentially related: if we ever get a Nier remaster I hope it comes with all the supplemental stuff. I've read Fires of Prometheus but DrakeNier in general just has so much stuff outside of the games.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

While not perfect for that purpose, if nothing else Kyle McCarley thought some of that material should be available to the english language audience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0y083mMHA

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Tesseraction posted:

It's been years since I touched that game, so I've forgotten if the Mascot dressphere requires that much completion or a lesser, more doable amount.

Takoluka posted:

I've played through FF7 enough that now I make sure to get all the Limit Breaks available to a character the moment they're added to my party, just for fun. It is a tedious process, but it is satisfying to use Ungermax or Meteorain on the Guard Scorpion.

I would not ever level to 99 in the Mako Reactor for any reason. That's ridiculous.

Also the only way you'll ever see Great Gospel in action.

Tesseraction posted:

I remember first getting Barret's Mindblow limit break and using it in a pinch only to find it removes MP not HP. Then I died. Thanks for nothing Barret.

That one boss fight in Wutai when you have to fight without materia becomes much easier if you open with Mindblow.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bobjr posted:

If we ever get FF X-3 we’ll find out Shinra killed Brother in between games

We don't actually need an FFX-3, because FF7 is canonically connected to it, so there it is. Just assume Jenova is a Fayth, the Cetra are the blood descendents of the Summoners, and the Weapons are avatars of Sin.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The Mythril Cave just after the Midgar Zolom is the best place to get Limits super quick (at least, the first ones in each level)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

As a kid I bragged to everyone I knew about successfully doing the optional challenge of killing the zolom early for beta. A lot of its moves raise limit very quickly so you can incidentally level a lot of them doing that.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

There's the forests before Juno where you can just spam Matra Magic to insta kill groups of 5 enemies for tons of xp, money and limit break kill points.

Then once you're done there you can connect fire to your elemental materia (bracer slot) to reduce fire damage taken by 50% (beta is fire) and then go for the Zolom.

Charge up all 3 characters limit breaks. Do 1 meteor rain and the zolom will use beta and then finish it with another limit break.

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 6, 2020

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i have never played a final fantasy game :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

watho posted:

i have never played a final fantasy game :)

i played parts of 15. it had cool momenets but was mostly boring. tried 12 but i bounced off the combat. i prefere either out and out turnbased or actionish. not mixes.