Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Live At Five! posted:

Mitch getting roasted by guests are some of my favorite eps, the Jonah Ray ep still stands out in my mind.

The Gillian Jacobs episode is top tier solely because she will not stop loving with Mitch the entire time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
They should just end the podcast, it'll never get funnier than the Harris joke.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Both Mitch and Nick ordering 3 cheeseburgers was why I love Doughboys

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nick really deserves a larger share of the patreon money for having to deal with mitch for the past 5 years

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

cams posted:

nick really deserves a larger share of the patreon money for having to deal with mitch for the past 5 years

There's also the whole thing that the only reason the podcast gets recorded is Wiger actually trying.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Do it ironically posted:

Just like Mitch it seems the Mitch defenders can’t take criticism

I think it's more that you're coming across as a bit of a dumb dumb. have a good one!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I like when there's tension, it's funny to me I think because I feel it's natural tension hightened for the show.

Mitch's exasperation with Nick is cathartic for me, the audience, who can't tell Nick he's a piece of poo poo when he likes food I don't.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Narrator posted:

Both Mitch and Nick ordering 3 cheeseburgers was why I love Doughboys

Wiger: Sense of duty, obligation to the listener to follow the rules (of a thing he he made up!) to the letter
Mitch: Regular lunch

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Nick's persistent shooting down Mitch's "healthy month" idea is a form of abuse, possibly even attempted murder. (not a lawyer)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

little munchkin posted:

it's really messed up how mitch acted like a goof on his comedy podcast

You are really giving Mitch far too much credit.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

n8r posted:

They should just end the podcast, it'll never get funnier than the Harris joke.

I love when Nick hard segues to the next topic whenever things go off the rails, and him doing it in the silence & muffled laughs from this joke just cemented the whole thing as great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Do it ironically posted:

He was way more antagonistic than usual
I think Garbus is the reason here, he's ready to jump on Mitch at the slightest hint of whining.Mitch gets agitated whenever anyone who's not Nick tells him he's dumb or to stop bitching and keep the show moving, and Gabrus definitely goes harder because of it. The live shows have the same dynamic, but with the added incentive of the crowd there hooting and hollering.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I love Mitch and he was great in this episode as he is in most every episode

That being said: Going back and listening to 2016 Munch Madness episodes and hearing him complete sentences and let conversations continue without going "Hold on, hold on, let me just say one more thing!" gave me the kind of same sensation as watching Joe Biden speak coherently in 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This was a very good episode of The Doughboys Podcast and it was strangely endearing that both Mitch and Wiger got 3 burgers to do 2 cheeseburgers vs 1 cheeseburger.

Now do they eat 26 nuggets???

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Spoeank posted:

This was a very good episode of The Doughboys Podcast and it was strangely endearing that both Mitch and Wiger got 3 burgers to do 2 cheeseburgers vs 1 cheeseburger.

Now do they eat 26 nuggets???

You already know the answer is yes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They're boys of integrity and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Srice posted:

They're boys of integrity and I wouldn't have it any other way.

They can’t be bought!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I can’t argue with the results either: two cheeseburgers are definitely better than one cheeseburger.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 10, 2020

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I've just discovered these delightful boys, and have slowly been going through some back episodes. It's wonderful! A good podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I've just discovered these delightful boys, and have slowly been going through some back episodes. It's wonderful! A good podcast.

They're friends!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Captain Hotbutt posted:

you just discovered them? Wow. Wow. Wow.

Look I'm not mad.

I'm not mad

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
You’re mad at me!

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Drunkboxer posted:

You’re mad at me!

I'm not mad! It's fine!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

You sick gently caress.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I'll admit the same. I mean, I always knew of the podcast and knew who Nick was from other podcast appearances as well as the premise of the show. For some reason though, I always assumed it was behind a Patreon paywall or some such so I never bothered to check it out. Boy, is my face red.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

DangerDummy! posted:

You sick gently caress.

Dough Boys is gud. I-i-i-i-i-it's gud.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mitch pronouncing a word correctly and then second guessing himself because he was allowed to finish his sentence was great this week

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I'm just picking and choosing the episodes that appeal to me. I checked out the "Canada eps" because, well, :canada:

I dug em....except for "The Knife" Alana Johnston. Is she as overbearing and loud on her other appearances or just in front of an audience? If she is, I'll skip her episodes. Just a lot to take in.

Also, another amazing thing about The Doughboys? Made me actually appreciate Paul Rust for the first time. I know I'm in the minority but I didn't think he was ever funny AT ALL on Comedy Bang Bang or any other appearance he's done. But the eps he's been on have been GREAT here.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Alana Johnston is a lot, but I find her delightful. I like the guests that engage enough with the show to take it over.

Christine Nangle and Fran Gillespie are also great, and maybe a little calmer than Alana.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm going to the Denver show tonight and decided to try out the restaurant, Good Times, for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the classic Wiger WOW behind me when eating my burger.

I would said hi but I didn't grab napkins and felt like I looked gross

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I dug em....except for "The Knife" Alana Johnston.
Look, I get it.

But how dare you.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Denver show rocked. Wiger played a bassoon

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mitch wished he poisoned Wiger and Jonah Ray, then the last sound from the podcast would be him laughing as paramedics gun him down

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Mitch's Dennis Miller impression is up there with Bill "Lolita Express" Clinton as my favorite. Paul F continues to be a top tier guest, especially his reaction to Mitch pitching Billy Joel Armstrong.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
What was the Harris joke?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mitch said that whatever McDonald's offering was a favourite of Harris', and Gabrus said that was one of his better opinions.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mustached5thGrader posted:

What was the Harris joke?

(Paraphrasing) Mitch: the two cheeseburgers are for Harris, the two cheeseburgers meal was his go-to.

Gabrus: one of the better decisions he made in his life.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

see, it is funny because he decided to do too much heroin and died

(jk scientology killed harris)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

thinking about nick wiger's mii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch: "I already know what... I already know what bling I would get. It's not the Dave Thomas statue, that takes up too much space. It's something I already have, Nick: a Big Mac Coin."
[applause]
Nick: "Well, so it's something you have. You don't need anything else."
Mitch: "The Big... the Big Mac Coin!"
[applause]
Mitch: "The Big... I got a Big Mac Coin. I got a Big Mac Coin when they were doing.. when they were, when they were getting those, uh... when they were giving out Big Mac Coins and I think if I, if I..."
Paul (laughing): "Stop saying Big Mac Coin."
Michael: "Big Mac Coin, Big Mac Coin. A Big Mac Coin. Big Mac Coin."
Mitch: "When, when they were, when they were doing the promotional.. where they were giving out COINS for BIG MACS... back, uh..."
Michael: "Good, yes!"
[laughter]
Mitch: "Uh, a few years back, I got a Big Mac Coin and I wish I had the original, the first decade Big Mac Coin."

The hardest I've laughed in a long time.