Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Squizzle posted:

lacked the core of hope and morality

lmao what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the show about the communist paradise suddenly flipping to trump mode never had that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
We didn't see enough of Freecloud. I wanted to see some real balls to the walls laissez-faire late stage capitalism poo poo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the show about the communist paradise suddenly flipping to trump mode never had that

the show always says that was wrong and the characters are trying to fix it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Things I found fun in the most recent episode:
•Mott's barbershop empire
•Quark's bar franchise empire
•Picard's OUUUUTRAGEOUS FRONCH AK-SAYNT!

Also regarding last episode- the romulan siblings are boring but I have to give points to the costumers dressing the sister up like a modern version of Unnamed Romulan Commander from the TOS episode "The Enterprise Incident".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
poo poo I just realized Romulian incest lady played Roger Sterling's wife in Mad Men.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Squizzle posted:

that was the least good ep thus far. i love a good caper, but this was almost relentlessly grim from beginning (icheb wtf) to end (agnes wtf) and lacked the core of hope and morality that has made the series work so far

true but it also had ZERO borg cube plot scenes and I thought it was all the better for it.

Also the Bejazzle actress looked a bit like a young Marina Sirtis from some angles, which is not a bad thing.

The cold open of :eyepop: was p. harsh I will admit, your average soft-skinned Trek fan is not going to enjoy gore-torture at all. I never watched VOY apart from the odd ep while channel surfing way back when, so I didn't twig the guy with the eye was a big thing in 7-of-9 fandoms and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing about it online.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im disappointed that they, at no pt in the ep, tricked a computer into making itself tiny so that they could swindle the klute in a lethal round of speed chess

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's prob an executive mandate not to go a single episode without reminding the audience that the Borg are on this show

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

Squizzle posted:

(agnes wtf)

I thought that was pretty set up from the beginning though? She came in at just the right time and just the right circumstances to ingratiate herself with Picard and co, right after having an offscreen conversation with the conspirator admiral, and they told us they skipped a background check.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Love how Picard suddenly gets legitimately good and this thread goes dead quiet :haw:

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Love how Picard suddenly gets legitimately good and this thread goes dead quiet :haw:

lol yeah, this episode ruled

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I cba watching the latest ep yet and I'm watching Fraggle Rock instead, it feels good for my soul

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Just watched the last two picards. Dumb but I liked them well enough at parts.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jfc that ep ruled

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rios and the romulan spy gently caress are good-beardriker and bad-beardriker

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

looking forward to picards sweetheart sons teaming up to oppose the romulans and/or borg

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gosh dang, like every character in this has lost a child somehow. dahj died in front of picard, the rikers lost a kid, raffi is estranged from her son, seven had to kill icheb

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also im sad that hugh has entered the great hughnknown

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

gosh dang, like every character in this has lost a child somehow. dahj died in front of picard, the rikers lost a kid, raffi is estranged from her son, seven had to kill icheb

i guess things are dangerous out there, for.....THE NEXT GENERATION!!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm gonna watch the next ep..... eventually

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

reignofevil posted:

I'm gonna watch the next ep..... eventually

You should, it was really good.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

You should, it was really good.

about half the riker/troi scenes were good. this show makes me hate myself

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

oh but seriously I posted:

about half the riker/troi scenes were good. this show makes me hate myself

Stop watching it then.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i haven't watched any of Picard, but i wanna hang out in the thread with you guys

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dash Rendar posted:

i haven't watched any of Picard, but i wanna hang out in the thread with you guys

draw a picture of a romulan cooking scrambled eggs and you will be allowed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dash Rendar posted:

The first rule about Star Trek is that you have to be Always Mad About Star Trek.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

magnificent

greetings!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I appreciate that you used the Romulan Republic logo from Star Trek Online instead of the Romulan Star Empire one. That's a nice deep cut.

Also I think this is the Terrible Secret of Space the Zhat Vash are trying to keep from being revealed in Star Trek: Picard.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay I'm about to watch the show now

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I already had to stop.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
roe, please let this thread be an MSPaint your reaction to Star Trak Picard

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I already told crow in DM, but i figured i would share here: I am watching OG Star Trek. The Enterprise Incident is on right now.

i like the Romulans!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay I'm watching again

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Can Vulcan's lie in a mind meld? Probably

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lmao at them just leaving Elnor on the cube. Why even introduce the fuckin' character then!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I scrolled past this cuz I thought it might be a spoiler but I love it