Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Griefor posted:

I took Planet Coaster for the DLC but already have the game:
00964-05C_L-9VHPH
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Exapunks: I am stupid, and this game knows it

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Exapunks: I am stupid, and this game knows it
Welcome to Zachtronics games, we have such sights to show you. :allears:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
My Friend Pedro, sadly, is more style over substance. Sure, you can actually do all those things in the trailers, but when you actually play it, it all feels so tedious...

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Getting some MAJOR graphical glitches in Black Mesa, like straight up textures being black and the lighting not working; I can see the flashlight on some objects, but otherwise it seems to be absorbed by most of the terrain texture. No graphics settings fiddling seems to fix any of this.

It's doubly weird because I played BM back in 2015 (lol, it's been a while) on this same machine, even had the saves and everything, and I don't remember the game having any real graphics glitches of note.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/screencuisine/status/1235660951854018560

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My favorite video game hands are Artyom’s in Metro 2033 because he just fiddles with everything. Also for one weapon he decides to throw it loaded into the air and when he tries to catch it he misses and it conks him on the head.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kibayasu posted:

Also for one weapon he decides to throw it loaded into the air and when he tries to catch it he misses and it conks him on the head.
My boy's got CTE from the number of head injuries he's received in those games.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mordja posted:

Everspace 2's EA launch is getting pushed back due to GDC's cancellation.
https://www.pcgamer.com/everspace-2-early-access-has-been-delayed-due-to-gdcs-postponement/

Oh neat didn't know they were making an Everspace 2. I see they're really retooling the concept entirely from ES1 and said they realized players really wanted a "Diablo Meets Freelancer" space-game, not exactly a roguelite. Which I can dig, I was kinda lukewarm on ES1 overall, but that's gunna be a massive investment and not at all surprised it'd have to be delayed anyways (it's probably a convenient excuse none the less)

It's kinda interesting that there's usually a lot of bandwagoning in indie development, and even though Star Citizen pulled in like 50000 million bazillion buckaroos, there really hasn't been any "Freelancer 2" games to have come out of it; I think Rebel Galaxy 2 is probably the closest and it's alright. Well I guess that Elite game but I thought that was more like EVE and I didn't play it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

punished milkman posted:

I've been enjoying black mesa a lot so far (still haven't got to Xen) but jesus what a slog that section with the conveyer belts is ('residue processing' I think)

That part was indeed the worst section of the game I remember playing about four years ago.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Griefor posted:

Oh, thanks for the headsup, I thought that was the first AI War which I already have.

That's what I thought too, until I squinted and looked a little closer. That is a bad logo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kibayasu posted:

My favorite video game hands are Artyom’s in Metro 2033 because he just fiddles with everything. Also for one weapon he decides to throw it loaded into the air and when he tries to catch it he misses and it conks him on the head.

He'll fiddle with his hand crank and generator and shock himself too

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

StrixNebulosa posted:

You're being pretty harsh, I think. Planet Coaster, Fell Seal, and Exapunks are all games on my wishlist that I want to play.
Fell Seal is good but has DLC coming out in a few months that will mainly enhance the gameplay. Even if you get it now you might still want to hold off on playing it.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I tried to start a replay of HL2 a few days ago and I only got to Kleiner's lab before I just gave up at having a new loading section what felt like every 30 seconds.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Once more you can get a free bite out of the enormous cake that is Crusader Kings II's DLC:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/449980/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_The_Reapers_Due/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I decided to clean up my games list on the left, and I went to name a category "favorites". If you do that it brings up an error message that said FAILURE. Cannot overwrite collection "favorites". Please choose a new name. I can name it things like "favorite" or "favorite games". But if I do favorites with an s it won't let me.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

For the record, I have three categories, the favorite one, "trash" and "uncatergorized". If I try and name it "trash" it simply brings up a prompt saying "collection 'trash' already exists. Overwrite?". But with "favorites" it just straight up won't let me. What the heck

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So I decided to clean up my games list on the left, and I went to name a category "favorites". If you do that it brings up an error message that said FAILURE. Cannot overwrite collection "favorites". Please choose a new name. I can name it things like "favorite" or "favorite games". But if I do favorites with an s it won't let me.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

For the record, I have three categories, the favorite one, "trash" and "uncatergorized". If I try and name it "trash" it simply brings up a prompt saying "collection 'trash' already exists. Overwrite?". But with "favorites" it just straight up won't let me. What the heck

There's a pre-existing "favorites" folder accessed by hitting the star icon on a game page.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
You already have a favourites category, you can just add stuff to that probably

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I see. That was weirdly unintuitive. They should've just had favorites just be there on the left even if nothing was in it

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That sounds infinitely worse, tbh. It would drive me nuts.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Det_no posted:

Once more you can get a free bite out of the enormous cake that is Crusader Kings II's DLC:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/449980/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_The_Reapers_Due/

Thanks! One of these days I will use some PTO to learn CK2.

I’ve thought about getting a beater laptop just for this purpose so I can play on my lunch break.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

So it looks like the Tom Francis the developer of Gunpoint and Heat Signature is gearing up to start testing on his new tactical turn-based wizard police game: Tactical Breach Wizards. The betas he has run before are usually pretty polished and free, so its definitely worth signing up if anybody is interested. https://twitter.com/BreachWizards/status/1236008049032056833
Edit:Video with sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdQcmayEw4

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 7, 2020

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Is that first one eating from a can full of dirt?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

AbstractNapper posted:

There's a new Amnesia title coming in Fall 2020, Amnesia: Rebirth for PC and PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiQAlGUw_o

I am super stoked for this. SOMA was really good, but I still never got around to finishing it. The more traditional pseudo-lovecraftian horror of the original Amnesia struck a much bigger chord with me and I'm really happy it's getting an actual sequel.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Any opinions on The Beast Inside?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

imodium ad usually helps

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zathril posted:

Is that first one eating from a can full of dirt?

Dog food.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

BLADESTORM: Nightmare: a slow-paced semi-tactical (given how slowly your moves recharge) musou game where instead of one man killing a thousand, you're one person who can grab nearby squads and then command them, so you run around as a group of 10 people at once, and then you have to line up your attack and trigger it, and you rove around a map capturing bases. The background is the Hundred Years War, through the eyes of the Japanese.

I am confused as to how this game exists, or what precisely it wants to do, but I'm enjoying it? I did have to find a drop-down in the configuration program that turned the text to english, and I did need to decipher what the button prompts actually were as they used generic "push attack button" instead of "push x" prompts.... but hey, I did two battles and am mostly out of tutorial land, so I can safely say: I like it? I think? I'll play more, I'm bouncing between like four musous right now.

I'm so glad Koei is having this sale because I never would have looked at Bladestorm otherwise.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Japan really loves Joan of Arc for some reason and I think that's the only reason!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StrixNebulosa posted:

BLADESTORM: Nightmare: a slow-paced semi-tactical (given how slowly your moves recharge) musou game where instead of one man killing a thousand, you're one person who can grab nearby squads and then command them, so you run around as a group of 10 people at once, and then you have to line up your attack and trigger it, and you rove around a map capturing bases. The background is the Hundred Years War, through the eyes of the Japanese.

I am confused as to how this game exists, or what precisely it wants to do, but I'm enjoying it? I did have to find a drop-down in the configuration program that turned the text to english, and I did need to decipher what the button prompts actually were as they used generic "push attack button" instead of "push x" prompts.... but hey, I did two battles and am mostly out of tutorial land, so I can safely say: I like it? I think? I'll play more, I'm bouncing between like four musous right now.

I'm so glad Koei is having this sale because I never would have looked at Bladestorm otherwise.

It's a remake of Bladestorm from 2007. I'm not sure what the official explanation was but I guess they wanted to try something a little different than the standard musou formula. I played the original and it was fine. Nothing mind blowing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Japan really loves Joan of Arc for some reason and I think that's the only reason!

I will get to meet her at some point, and I think she'll be at the head of a demon army. Okay, Japan!

Wamdoodle posted:

It's a remake of Bladestorm from 2007. I'm not sure what the official explanation was but I guess they wanted to try something a little different than the standard musou formula. I played the original and it was fine. Nothing mind blowing.

The original was consoles only, it looks like, so I'd never heard of it - I think in the end I only bought like 5-6 games for my xbox 360 before going back to PC gaming. (Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Final Fantasy 13 + 13-2, Resonance of Fate, Catherine, and maybe a few more. I was not a huge fan of that console.) And I didn't have a PS3, only a PS2.

Which is to say, it's mind blowing to me for being so drat different from Dynasty Warriors 7-9 + Spirit of Sanada + Fate/exella. I can't button mash, I can't zoom through the entire map, it's wild. I like it?

e: oooooh it's listed on wikipedia as being a different genre entirely. That makes a lot of sense. Still weird!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 7, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/DOATEC_OFFICIAL/status/1236086661773021185

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Hmm. F1. Hmmmmm. I'll need to study up on this month's Choice when I'm home. I'll vouch for My Friend Pedro. It's about 3-4 hours of pretty fun gun ballet if you don't replay for score/time.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Kibayasu posted:

Honorable mention for Postal 2's shotgun reload.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Finished two chapters in Murder by Numbers and so far it's pretty good. There's no penalty for marking a wrong square, which automatically places it in the top 80th percentile of picross games.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Probably Turok's biggest offense is that it uses super generic "monster" sound effects for its dinos. The T Rex sounds especially lovely.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Oh my god the Xen part of Black Mesa is seriously one of the coolest video game worlds ever. Goddamn the devs really went all out.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I would love to play Turok if I could find the correct settings that make the game not immediately give me horrendous motion sickness. Like it's more than just the FoV and head-bob alone I think.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
The Division 2 is $3 for a few more days right? Is it pretty good if intend to play solo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There is, objectively, at least $3 worth of fun in Division 2.