Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Pookah posted:

That's a very excellent baby congratulations! She looks very wise, or maybe just very pissed off idk.

judging by the cranky eyebrows and tiny fists, it's "pissed"

i ran her name through a diablo 2 monster name generator. welcome into the world

:black101: DRAGON CRAWLER THE UNCLEAN :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

and that is how you do a mutha fuckin snipe

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A most excellent snipe.

For myself, my husband and I are celebrating 21 years together today! We were going to go to dinner, but it's -30 so we might just order pizza or chinese or something.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Found out today when I will be graduating college. Sorry for the crappy phone picture but its got the date!

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug
Congrats on graduating!

I've got dinner later with some folks from the job I just signed the offer for. Just a little social thing before I start on Monday. Really looking forward to it, it's a good step up, career wise.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My day was awesome because I'm spending a good chunk of it lying in bed reading with my wife and the cat.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I spoke with the head manager of a different department where I work, asking about a transfer. Next hiring session is in about 6 weeks, and I'm going to be flagged for a priority interview. I'm so excited because I struggle really hard where I am now due to disabilities, chronic illness, and having a boss who is not sympathetic to any of that. The biggest difference is I'll be able to do sit down work frequently, and just talking to people. No physical labour. I can't fuckin wait!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Just finished all my responsibilities for the week and packed a bag. Taking the relationship other-person to the mountains for a few days.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My current boss is cool with me wanting to switch departments and will actually help me make it happen. It's going to be a smooth transition and I'm going to keep working until the change rather than being forced to take extra time off. I'm excited for this new position, it will be far less stressful, physically demanding, and I'm going to be working for someone who everyone loves rather than someone everyone hates.

The funny thing is a lot of my coworkers want to do the same thing, it's been a living hell in our department and everyone's leaving. I'm glad I was the first to move, because it won't just seem like I'm hopping on the bandwagon. In an ideal world, everyone would come with me because we've all got that "work family" dynamic going on and we love each other a lot now, having worked together for years and all going through the absolute bullshit that we go through, but this mass exodus could be a bit too much. The organization doesn't really have an issue with "poaching" employees, but if everyone goes at once, it can cause some drama, you know? Raised eyebrows. That could be a good thing. My department would be amazing if we had a good manager. I may still lodge a formal complaint after I move at the end of March.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been a lovely day for my refinancing which I thought was finally, finally completed but the lenders have suddenly decided to stymie things once again, but forget about all that! I found the loving ipod holster that I've had for 15-odd years and repaired and repaired and repaired because I could never figure out who the gently caress made it and nobody I asked knew what the hell that logo was, googling didn't help, nothing. It's actually literally disintegrating at this point but my 2nd gen nano still works so I went on ebay to find a replacement case, and happened to find a brand new in box version of that exact one amidst the hundreds and hundreds of other types of cases.

AND right after that I found the exact phone case for my smartphone that broke years ago and I was never able to find a good enough replacement! And they were both a pittance!!!

Miniscule good things, to distract me from the financial nightmare that might get tied up in limbo for another five months because bank of america is the loving worrrrrrrrst!! Happy thoughts!!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If your history is good, then a refi is probably one of the best possible times to go look at a credit union. Head in, tell them bofa's pissing you off, and see what kind of rates/timing they'll give

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's more that bofa sold/transferred the mortgage to some lovely company called SLS but didn't transfer the automatic payments for two months, and so one of those was extra late, but bofa was supposed to have sent the automatic transfers over during the transition. This happened in july last year, and so we're now being told that if a payment was over 60 days late, that we will have to wait a full year from the date of the late payment before we can refinance. I am still waiting on a response from the lender whether they will allow it to go through or not. I was told by Mr. Cooper(Nationstar's ~friendly rebranding~) that we'd be closing literally today and then find out SLS has decided "no I don't think so" and the ~lenders~ are jumpy. Or some poo poo. I don't know, there's like 3 different companies talking to each other in conference calls with me sitting there now and the apathy from these people when dealing with other people's life-changing resolutions over minor issues like a single late payment literally ever that is easily explained by bureaucratic nonsense is giving me a nervous breakdown, but I need to continue doing this because I need this done ASAP and the vastly improved interest rate, combined mortgage/equity LOC(long story), all that. literally would reduce my monthly payments by almost $700, reduce the overall payment by $11,000, and reduce the interest rate from 7 to 3.7. And then there's the money I'm pulling out from the refi to fix my shower, patch up some damage on the house, get some minor surgery for my dog's leg, etc, little things, but I can't get any of it done until this poo poo goes through.

sorry, this should be in the Awful Day thread. Today was supposed to be the Awesome Day, and then when calling to set up the closing I get this poo poo. Have a video of my cute hamster that's helping me calm down today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjxFUfZjT2Q

edit: here's an ACTUAL "why was your day awesome today" thing,

The Wonderful 101: Remastered is being fairly significantly funded on Kickstarter, a bit under a million bucks so far as of this post, and will be coming to all platforms including Steam. And it's been up less than a day.

One of the kickstarter rewards is to be blocked on twitter by Hideki Kamiya.

Wonderful 101 is an incredible game that really shows the love that was put into it by the dev team, and is also one of the worst-selling games in nintendo history, and was left to die on the WiiU. So it getting out onto other platforms is loving great news.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Feb 4, 2020

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dropped an earring down the sink, but managed to rescue it by opening up the siphon. It was even easier than I thought it would be.

(I did wash it with antibacterial soap before putting it back in, don't worry.)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Drinking a good cup of coffee

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I forgot to set my alarm last night before I went to bed, but I woke up naturally only a minute after it would have gone off anyway and my morning went off without a hitch.

Also I found $2 in a pants pocket.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Katamari Democracy posted:

Found out today when I will be graduating college. Sorry for the crappy phone picture but its got the date!

Good work!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Also I found $2 in a pants pocket.

Were they your pants? :ninja:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dick Trauma posted:

Were they your pants? :ninja:

I sure hope so! It was when I was doing laundry.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I've finally decided that I will be living here long enough to feel okay about buying decorations, and I got this giant heart shaped pillow for my bed and it is so soft and fluffy and comfortable and makes me want to spend more time relaxing and, who knew improving your living space might be worth it?

Truly I am no more complicated than a Sim. Nice decorations, mood++

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'm making Irish soda bread, and my kitchen smells amazing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I'm making Irish soda bread, and my kitchen smells amazing.

You should have posted the day before in the Why is your day lovely Today? Thread with "hosed up irish soda bread, and my kitchen smells terrible!"
Make a narrative.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adopted this little sweetheart yesterday (seen here hiding under a pillow). She is very happy (and so am I)

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Feb 24, 2020

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I just saw a wild dolphin while out walking with my dog - they live around here, but I haven't seen one for a good while, so that was pretty cool. Also met some v. nice dogs and got to pat them :3:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I went for a walk down the street with my 2 year old niece.
It took us like 7 hours because that weird kid has a strange fascination with rocks and pebbles.
She kept stopping to pick them up from peoples' driveways, then she'd give them to me until my hands were full.
Then she'd run away laughing.
I couldn't help but smile the whole time, she's such a sweetheart.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
I just noticed this today

This brought me more happiness than it should have, I didn't even think my post was that great/original

PYF Mods = Best Mods :love:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hung up my little art show at the coffeeshop. :3

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Adopted this little sweetheart yesterday (seen here hiding under a pillow). She is very happy (and so am I)
need more pics!!

Brawnfire posted:

Hung up my little art show at the coffeeshop. :3
nice!!! what kind of art do you make? like paintings, photography ... ?

my content: have been whining in "why was your day lovely today" for the past couple weeks bc i had a slew of car troubles all in the same fortnight... door handle broke, then entire engine literally blew up, then i got the engine replaced and the door latch (inside the door, not the handles but the actual latch) broke.... well today i replaced the door latch myself instead of paying somebody else to do it, and it was a giant pain and i had to borrow the tools from one of our mechanics and then have him come lend a hand with getting one of the rods linked up correctly bc there's a trick to it i wasn't privy to, BUT the sense of accomplishment from having my hands dirty because i did real work that improved my life? very good, i should consider doing more work for myself and other people i know and like instead of just doing work for capital, tbh

i also got an ugly haircut and i loving love it. i literally showed the hairdresser a picture of the skunk from bambi bc i wanted a mullet/mohawk thing, and she absolutely gave me exactly what i wanted, and it's amazing

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
After about a month of job searching due to my current job being a whirlpool of suck, I landed a new job today :woop: I had to do a double-take & ask about the salary because I thought I either misheard the hiring manager or she quoted the wrong amount. I make $50k right now but the new role is a combo of some help desk & junior server admin work so it'll be a nice step up. They're starting me at $82k a year, more than a 50% bump in salary, I was drat near speechless when I heard it :dance:

On top of that, I paid my car off this afternoon, so one less monthly bill to deal with! Honestly can't wait to give my 2 weeks this coming Monday, I'll probably burn some of the vacation days I have & take the rest as payout on my final check. I legit like the work I do & get along with most of the people, but having last minute projects dumped in our lap & only given days to do work that would normally take weeks to plan/prep will absolutely not be missed. Now if I can win some money on the lottery ticket I bought earlier, that'll just be the icing on the cake...:pray:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

After about a month of job searching due to my current job being a whirlpool of suck, I landed a new job today :woop: I had to do a double-take & ask about the salary because I thought I either misheard the hiring manager or she quoted the wrong amount. I make $50k right now but the new role is a combo of some help desk & junior server admin work so it'll be a nice step up. They're starting me at $82k a year, more than a 50% bump in salary, I was drat near speechless when I heard it :dance:

:yotj:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

need more pics!!

nice!!! what kind of art do you make? like paintings, photography ... ?

i also got an ugly haircut and i loving love it. i literally showed the hairdresser a picture of the skunk from bambi bc i wanted a mullet/mohawk thing, and she absolutely gave me exactly what i wanted, and it's amazing

Stuff like this haha

Also congrats on your ugly haircut :D

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I finally found my loving car keys.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Were they in the last place you looked?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
They sure as heck weren't in the first place he looked

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve found having a designated place for things helps keep them from getting misplaced. Perhaps an easily accessible hook to hang them upon or a drawer to place them in. Try these useful simple tips in the future.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

oldpainless posted:

I’ve found having a designated place for things helps keep them from getting misplaced. Perhaps an easily accessible hook to hang them upon or a drawer to place them in. Try these useful simple tips in the future.

Where is the first place you frequently look for stuff you misplace? The junk drawer, that basket by your front door, some place else? Make that your designated place for stuff. When it gets too full look at all your accumulated crap and figure out what can stay there and what goes to a different designated spot.

Putting something "in a safe place for later" is an excellent way to hide it from yourself for days and weeks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Reminds me of One Foot in the Grave when Victor can't find the towels because his wife put them away so he'd know where they were.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

oldpainless posted:

Oh I have that and it's worked wonders. The one time I absentmindedly take them out and set them down is the one time I spend 4 hours looking only to have them be under a piece of paper on the counter.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I recently lost a guitar tuner for several days because it popped off my headstock and leapt behind a couch, landing on top of the floor molding

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Brawnfire, that art is awesome, I dig your style!

I have a bird-shaped keychain, and a birdhouse on the wall by the door that I shove the keychain into to hang it up as soon as I get home. Only way I can keep track of my poo poo. I also have a designated spot to dump the contents of my pockets no matter what's in there, and the first place I check if I can't find poo poo is the dump box in case whatever-it-is was in my pockets at some point (usually was). Homebrew ADD coping mechanisms, I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I saw a bat outside my house tonight! I was worried that the population had either moved on or died off because I hadn't seen any in a year and a half but they're here!