Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i played parts of 15. it had cool momenets but was mostly boring. tried 12 but i bounced off the combat. i prefere either out and out turnbased or actionish. not mixes.

15 still makes me mad because the more you played the worse the game got, and it became really clear where Squeenix started cutting costs to get the game out the door. Noctis and the boys deserved better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

bobjr posted:

The worst thing about X-2 is Brother going from Airship Pilot to Weird Pervert

Weird Cousin Lovin Pervert too :psyduck:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
FF7 remake is exciting and all

But I want an FF6 remake

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

FF7 remake is exciting and all

But I want an FF6 remake

maybe in 2030

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Katt posted:

There's the forests before Juno where you can just spam Matra Magic to insta kill groups of 5 enemies for tons of xp, money and limit break kill points.

Then once you're done there you can connect fire to your elemental materia (bracer slot) to reduce fire damage taken by 50% (beta is fire) and then go for the Zolom.

Charge up all 3 characters limit breaks. Do 1 meteor rain and the zolom will use beta and then finish it with another limit break.

My way (which tbf I think I got from an FAQ) was to make sure that you farm Graviballs (Demi) from Deenglows in the Train Graveyard. Have the Enemy Skill materia holder (usually Red cause he's got the most HP) in the back, make sure he's got Sadness on too as well as Fire protection. Hammer Zolom with Graviballs (about...5 or so I think? Maybe 4) until he rises up and casts Beta (through using Graviballs, it should go straight to that rather than him having a chance to knock anyone out of the party). Red survives, learns Beta, then casts Beta right back at Zolom to win the fight. That used to be the way to beat Zolom first time.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 6, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

watho posted:

i have never played a final fantasy game :)

Same.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Archer666 posted:

15 still makes me mad because the more you played the worse the game got, and it became really clear where Squeenix started cutting costs to get the game out the door. Noctis and the boys deserved better.

Squeenix practices have always grossed me out. the hosed over mankind divided and deus ex in general as well as a bunch of other franchises. they basically send every "western" game out to die because they think every game will sell GTA numbers. hell, they gently caress up their own stuff too.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What Squeenix games are you thinking of? Most of their stuff has seemed fine to me, but I'm 100% willing to believe it's because of blissful ignorance rather than corporate benevolence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Archer666 posted:

The worst thing about 15 was how it starts out with this big open world with a ton of stuff to do in it but after a certain point you leave it and never go back and the rest of the game is extremely linear.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hah, so literally the opposite of FF13.

I swear they're doing it on purpose at this point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tesseraction posted:

Hah, so literally the opposite of FF13.

I swear they're doing it on purpose at this point.

It goes linear because that's when the new director took over to iust get the drat thing finished.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nah, XV was just just rushed. Tabata worked on the whole of the game as we know it and talked about the game going linear partway through as a planned element.

The development of XV is honestly way dumber than "it took 10 years to make" since in actuality Versus XIII never meaningfully entered full development and they charged another team with rushing out a game almost entirely unrelated besides broad aesthetic and names to cash in on years in teaser CG.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 7, 2020

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've played the Final Fantasy tactics games, those are fun. I tried giving the one with Tidus and Luna a shot, but couldn't finish it. Not my cup of tea.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The channel Kay and Skittles takes a look at masculinity and patriarchy through the lens of two films starring Robert Pattinson, Twilight and The Lighthouse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEERvzBbuwM

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

What Squeenix games are you thinking of? Most of their stuff has seemed fine to me, but I'm 100% willing to believe it's because of blissful ignorance rather than corporate benevolence.
The new Deus Ex games and the new Hitman games are the most obviously destroyed during development due to unreasonable time or content demands.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Remember that time squeenix killed a studio by demanding they fax the source code of a ps3 game to hq for testing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Japan just loves the fax, and 150 year old tradition.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

The new Deus Ex games and the new Hitman games are the most obviously destroyed during development due to unreasonable time or content demands.

I always remember them throwing the first Tomb Raider reboot game under the bus because they released FFXIV that didn't even so much play like it was still in beta but more like alpha.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Sleeping. Dogs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Remember that time squeenix killed a studio by demanding they fax the source code of a ps3 game to hq for testing

Which game was that? :stare:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Weren't people batting for this guy just a few weeks ago?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Katt posted:

Katt posted:

What's even the correct response to this short of "No that probably never happened you loving liar"?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Katt posted:

Who, his explicitly nazi fanbase? Or do you mean people in this thread? If it's the latter the answer is no. I don't think anyone here has ever defended hambeast.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Might have been twitter but I distinctly recall centrist mewling the last time he did something dumb and or racist and was called out.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Well yeah because centrists will literally kill themselves to defend nazis. It's their favorite thing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Katt posted:

Might have been twitter but I distinctly recall centrist mewling the last time he did something dumb and or racist and was called out.

You may be confusing that one poster who was defending MovieBob a ways back, but I don't think anybody here has ever defended thequartering

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Garrand posted:

You may be confusing that one poster who was defending MovieBob a ways back, but I don't think anybody here has ever defended thequartering

No way! Someone defended Eugenics Bob? Name and shame.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Katt posted:

No way! Someone defended Eugenics Bob? Name and shame.

their name is raenir salazar and they dont just defend eugenics bob, they go full on reply guy on twitter for him

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

This is from last year, but it popped up in my recs yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vev5Gp2skhI

Its an interesting watch. It reminded me a bit of when I was very young and mostly watched anime on Spanish tv and a west german channel. 90s Germans must of really loved dark SF OVAs. In the UK most foreign imports came via America, but sometimes it was through multi studio and multi country collaborations. Most of Europe had its homegrown animation industries, but they were much smaller than the US and Japan, and their audiences were much smaller, so it was harder to be sustainable. So it became common to outsource or work on joint projects with other countries. Nowadays its common for North Korean studios to get work this way too.

Anyway because of this there are sometimes British English and American English dubs of the same show. Like Insektors, where the American version is a faithful translation of the French original CGI show about talking insects in a generic fantasy setting. But the British distributors thought it was painfully dull so they created a gag dub and gave the princess character more personality and things to do in the plot.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which game was that? :stare:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_(cancelled_video_game)

The details are in the subhead about the cancelation, but tl;dr Fortress was a game that was going to be an ARPG spinoff to final fantasy, but after the studio released a couple bombs (such as Bionic Commando) Squeenix started withholding payments and issuing absolutely bizarre demands, like telling them the entire aesthetic needed to be changed or the aforementioned faxing of the entire source code. It was kind of a famous story at the time and the only thing squeenix said in response was a vague "they didn't meet our development milestones," worth no specific denials of all the wacky poo poo.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Ah, right, the fall of Grin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I've played the Final Fantasy tactics games, those are fun. I tried giving the one with Tidus and Luna a shot, but couldn't finish it. Not my cup of tea.

Play Tactics Ogre, it's amazing.

You might need to emulate unless you have a PSP or Vita.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

Who, his explicitly nazi fanbase? Or do you mean people in this thread? If it's the latter the answer is no. I don't think anyone here has ever defended hambeast.

Indeed. It's always important to remember Hambly tried to submit an account of his banning from Magic to the Daily Stormer. (Even they didn't care.)

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 7, 2020

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the best thing squeenix has done in ages is ffxiv and that was after bombing 1.0 spectacularly

ff7r looks pretty good and i hope splitting it up allows them to do it justice. it's probably gonna be pretty different from ff7's abstract tech-demo fever dream but it's not like the original will ever go away when i have an official port of it on my handheld system

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Alaois posted:

their name is raenir salazar and they dont just defend eugenics bob, they go full on reply guy on twitter for him

lol they've even tattled on us. They've told Bob the reason he gets so many people dunking on him is because the posters in this very thread dunk on him alot, implying we're organizing the harassment he gets or something IIRC

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8eNVDlKGU

Clint tackles the perhaps the worst pet reptile around.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gotta love YouTube's featured Ad video recommendations. And by that I mean what the gently caress is wrong with you shitheads.

Featured Ad channel "Kid Catholic" video titled: Reacting to the Worst Video on the Web with a thumbnail showing someone crying about a video on abortion.

You just continue to get worse and worse, don't you, YouTube?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gotta love YouTube's featured Ad video recommendations. And by that I mean what the gently caress is wrong with you shitheads.

Featured Ad channel "Kid Catholic" video titled: Reacting to the Worst Video on the Web with a thumbnail showing someone crying about a video on abortion.

You just continue to get worse and worse, don't you, YouTube?

I noticed that among youtube's free movies are "The Red Pill" A doc about how a feminist gets red pilled Laci Green style, and all the Atlas Shrugged movies. lmao they aren't even pretending anymore there trying to radicalize people towards the right.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Wow, this channel's great! I love this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

But I don't see a politician in this video?