Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
just the fact there's this meticulously bred purestrain fightin pit bull somewhere in regional america who is beloved by his owner and cared for like a classic car

for some reason it just makes me so happy. the fact that his name is moses is important too. i don't know why it's the perfect name, but it is

thanks for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
bless the dog folk

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

he is an incredibly good dog and will be 10 in about a month.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

he is an incredibly good dog and will be 10 in about a month.
seriously??

old man :qq:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Omg I have barely posted in PI since we started the facebook group in 2013 bc I just post there now, I can't believe random goons remember my dog that means so much to me :qq:

Moses turned 10 February 12th.

His best bud Frankie passed away in 2017 after a year long battle with liver disease (despite extensive testing we were never able to find out what caused it) and he struggled with some depression afterwards, but now he hangs out with my new lil dachshund bud Scamper. They're not best friends and Moses only really ever liked Frankie but having another dog around does seem to provide some comfort to him and has helped him a lot. Aside from two benign lump removals in late 2015 and a harrowing obstruction surgery in 2016 that required the removal of almost 2 feet of intestine after EATING A TOY, MOSES, ,, he has always been healthy as a horse. Aside from some muscle loss and grey hairs, he doesn't look or act like a senior at all and if he keeps it up I hope to get another solid half-decade or so out of him. Knock on wood.

I got him in 2010 when I was 22 and somehow I am now about to be 33 and I can honestly say that he got me through my 20's and I don't know that I'd be here without him. He's done more for me than most family members and it is going to be a WILD RIDE when I lose him.

I don't know that I'll ever have another one after him. My partner has health problems and I do too and I'm not as up to wrangling murder dogs as I was a decade ago and I worry about my health allowing me to maintain one responsibly. With all the busts in the Southeast over the past 10 years I doubt I'd be able to find one bred the way I want anyway.

It hasn't always been easy, but he has been an incredible friend and a joy to own. I will miss him when he's gone. Thank you for thinking of him. :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Supercondescending posted:

Omg I have barely posted in PI since we started the facebook group in 2013 bc I just post there now, I can't believe random goons remember my dog that means so much to me :qq:

Moses turned 10 February 12th.

majestic soulful shark. i love him

i can't even explain why he (and frankie, and you) resonate so much for me but it's just always been such an oddly beautiful situation :unsmith: just knowing how much work it's taken you to keep him and what a labour of love he is, and he always looks so healthy and serene in photos. i'm sorry you lost frankie and i pray moses learns to love the weenie

quote:

It hasn't always been easy, but he has been an incredible friend and a joy to own. I will miss him when he's gone. Thank you for thinking of him. :love:
:h:

thank you for being the pi pit bull ambassador! i haven't got to meet any legitimate pits irl (due to australia) and have always loved your posts, you're so passionate and informative and honest. somehow you managed to make me love the breed and understand that if i ever tried to keep one myself it would all end in catastrophe, which is an art

may moses outlive us all