Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

they barely use the mcelroy family youtube except to mirror podcast episodes and then do one monster factory every two months :|

I really got a kick out of Awful Squad and also their amazing and terrible attempt at the Destiny 2 raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That name really sounds like brand infringement

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i like aow:p pretty well but yeah, it's really all about the battles at partway through every campaign i find myself thinking i should just play xcom 2 instead

i was disappointed to hear such negative things about phoenix point, speaking of which. parts of it seemed cool so i hope it gets patched up

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Konami Klassic Konsole.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Aww man, that's pretty much the only mini console I would have bought

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

cheetah7071 posted:

Races are almost universally worse than solo speedruns. The more racers the worse. The one exception is randomizers, or other games where you can have people race on the same seed of a game where you have to route on the fly

I've been drawn into watching old GDQ runs since I got hooked this winter on GDQ2020, and the races have been my favorites for the most part. The Frost Fatales marathon had a really fun randomizer of Pokemon Crystal where instead of a race it was a co-op run with three people on the same randomizer seed working to fill out a bingo card of random goals, but all of the pokemon locations were totally random so they had to figure out where you could catch certain pokémon or get certain TMs, it was cool to see the communication happen in real time.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm fine with GDQ races if they wind up being pretty close, but the three way races need to go. The person that gets stuck in 3rd place hell gets a "they're not out yet though! The other two can make mistakes!" then they never get mentioned again.

Was watching the X1-X3 race the other day and after it became clear the third team botched a trick super hard they just stopped getting mentioned at all. I couldn't help but feel for the guys because the commentators only bounced off the first two teams so they just kinda silently played some megaman.

Also I never used Amazon really outside of one or two things in the past. Why is the Zero/ZX collection like 50-60 bucks on it while it's 30 everywhere else. I mentioned it earlier but it's still kind of blowing my mind that the markup is that loving drastic :psyduck:

E: Goofy poo poo like the Mario Maker relay race is fun though. I like that

honestly having 3 or 4 people in a race is sort of like hedging your bets, because while it sucks to be the third place person way behind the other two, it sucks way more if it's just a 2 person race and it's really not competitive. The more people you have the more likely you are that there will be two people close to each other jockeying for position.

you're right about the Mario Maker races though, having world-class Mario players playing courses they've never seen before and watching the "how do I beat this" process happen in real time is awesome as hell. It's like the difference between watching figure skating or gymnastics (where the athletes have their routines perfectly planned out and memorized) and like... one of those Japanese obstacle course shows where people run full speed at a door and hope it's the one made out of paper

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't played a video game all week

but maybe this weekend i will play doom twenty sixteen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember Bonk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best thing about Planetfall was Floyd.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why am I even starting a new game anyway I am in the middle of 8 other ones

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why am I even starting a new game anyway I am in the middle of 8 other ones

Bonk is pretty good tho.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm sitting like 6 inches from hucards of both bonk's adventure and bonk's revenge

in the stack also is keith courage in alpha zones, victory run, takin it to the hoop, world court tennis, and bravoman. its an extremely good stack of hucards

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Put a Bonk on it

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I think I saw Keith Courage in Kusogrande, for whatever that's worth.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reminder that this weekend is the Weekend of Gaming 2020, game on gamers!!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

Reminder that this weekend is the Weekend of Gaming 2020, game on gamers!!

Oh poo poo I can finally clear my backlog.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I don't get to game at all this weekend but at least I'm gonna put a dent in my carbon footprint.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 7, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Put a Bonk on it
I'm gonna resist the urge to spend an hour in photoshop making a drop a titan on gif but with bonk aka pc genjin instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I had completely forgotten this song, thank you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SeXReX posted:

The fact that gdq has yet to show off the TAS that plays mmx1-3 with the same inputs is awful and needs to be fixed

didn't they have a human do this with two of the games once

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Gotten farther in Arkham Knight and I've gotten used to the Batmobile enough that I stop pressing L2 to brake and accidentally enter battle mode when I'm supposed to just use Square. I've also opened up just about all but one of the side missions and I'm having a lot of fun not touching the ground.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tried running Nioh on my AMD Radeon 500 series laptop; DS3 and Witcher 3 both run at a healthy 30-35fps, but Nioh can barely top 10fps in-game. Is my driver not working or is it incompatible with the game?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Tried running Nioh on my AMD Radeon 500 series laptop; DS3 and Witcher 3 both run at a healthy 30-35fps, but Nioh can barely top 10fps in-game. Is my driver not working or is it incompatible with the game?

Does it have a graphics card? If so that particular game might be using the integrated graphics on the CPU instead; some games are weird like that but you can force it to use the GPU in the graphics drivers.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Convex posted:

Does it have a graphics card? If so that particular game might be using the integrated graphics on the CPU instead; some games are weird like that but you can force it to use the GPU in the graphics drivers.
Yeah it has the above-mentioned and the integrated graphics. Dell Inspiron laptop. Had to reinstall AMD settings after a major windows update.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh poo poo it worked!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

A Bystander posted:

Gotten farther in Arkham Knight and I've gotten used to the Batmobile enough that I stop pressing L2 to brake and accidentally enter battle mode when I'm supposed to just use Square. I've also opened up just about all but one of the side missions and I'm having a lot of fun not touching the ground.

He’ll yeah everybody whining about the batmobile didn’t upgrade the launcher and don’t know the joy of rocketing into space.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We're talking about the Arkham Knight batmobile again so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5_xbC_eUk

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

they barely use the mcelroy family youtube except to mirror podcast episodes and then do one monster factory every two months :|

probably because the podcast stuff is their job now and also they all do like 50 different podcasts and dont work for polygon or have time to do that anymore

i wish griffins stuff before was done with like, pat. simone. brian. anyone. literally anyone else.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Stux posted:

probably because the podcast stuff is their job now and also they all do like 50 different podcasts and dont work for polygon or have time to do that anymore

i wish griffins stuff before was done with like, pat. simone. brian. anyone. literally anyone else.

I think I've confused my Youtube algorithm by liking videos with Griffin and disliking videos with Griffin and poo poo boy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wow huge slam on justin out of nowhere

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

wow huge slam on justin out of nowhere

- me, listening to mbmbam and hearing the crack of a fresh can of pepsi ring out upon the airwaves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2K is the third major publisher to have all their games removed from geforce now

Did nVidia just not investigate any of the rights issues involved in a service like that? Or do they see it as a threat?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think its the classic case of "we want to get paid twice for no reason"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sneak peak of the star of my speedrun marathon starting their career as a tech lacky early

Coming up today we have lttp randomizer with a twist, they're playing one mind which means every 30 frames which person has control swaps, then we got a healthy dose of indie games including a Celeste any percent run and everyone's favorite mischievous goose

Twitch.tv/midwestspeedfest
https://horaro.org/mwss2020/schedule

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

House situation is getting closer to potential violence, so this is probably my last weekend in the city for awhile, which means no wired internet for Xbox aka real gaming. Gonna have to dig into my switch babbylog i guess.

Have some country cats waiting for food

Also watch your step! You know it's spring in the country because all the sidewalks are covered with snails at night until dawn.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Man I want a pussy posse.

Also those snails look like good eatin’. I don’t know what part of the country has these snail herds but I’d be out every night scooping them up.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I learned about Rude Tales of Magic from the McElroys thread and now I'm never gonna listen to The Adventure Zone again. I will watch Monster Factory though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you haven't read through swan boy (i don't think there's a ton of them) you should