Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
web forums hellfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

weird frozen hamburgers

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

President Beep posted:

web forums hellfuckers

god drat u

i rly have no possibility of thinking up an actually funny thinger but if anyone does its probably monsieur tzar beep :worship:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what fresh hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wuhan children are better at manipulating cyberpunk hellworld than all of us 40 year old tech professionals

https://twitter.com/mslopatto/status/1236321363498921985?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wuhan flu homework

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

wuhan children are better at manipulating cyberpunk hellworld than all of us 40 year old tech professionals

https://twitter.com/mslopatto/status/1236321363498921985?s=21

lol that owns

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

My parents and grandparents are already dead

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

goondolences.

I just don’t have no G’s

and the P’s are showing their early boomer age

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
wfh forever, turn offices into affordable housing

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

not gonna lie this poo poo is starting to look scary and a lot of my coworkers are in the 55+ bracket. i don’t think we’re getting through this without losing one or two people :/

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It was looking scary in mid-January if you were paying attention

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they started transitioning one of offices to hot desk open floor plan a few months earlier so im interested to see how quickly that halts and nobody takes the blame for a lovely office change

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 8, 2020

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
two week mandatory WFH due to my partner coming back from Japan. the way things are going I don't think I'll be back in the office after that time is up.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i'm already remote but every event i was scheduled for is cancelled/postponed up through the end of april at this point.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

not gonna lie this poo poo is starting to look scary and a lot of my coworkers are in the 55+ bracket. i don’t think we’re getting through this without losing one or two people :/

she’ll be right, mate

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

rip

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
old people dying is not a bad thing logans run was a documentary and it happened in real time if they didnt want this poo poo to happen they shouldnt have set the stage for it over the past 50 years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have absolutely zero pity for 90% of old rear end boomer fucks, you could claim that they Didn't Know what was on the horizon, but do you honestly think that if they did they'd change anything about how they lived their lives the past sixty five years

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Some of the boomers I know have been banging on about climate change since the 1980's.

Those boomers just pretty much did gently caress all about it. Well that's not entirely fair. some started very effective white middle-class activist groups like Greenpeace, WWF, CND, the Green Party, Ted Turner's Captain Planet and such. Those effective groups who have really been able to sell that conservation message over the last 30+ years.

blink polyfill
Feb 29, 2020

I've been slowly turning up the wfh days in an attempt to quietly fade into full wfh. So, I took the opportunity to go full WFH. I'm not coming back until they say something, and then I'll probably two-weeks.

WFH protips that I've got so far:
- Calorie count. Don't buy snacks for wfh, only meals. Maybe bananas and stuff.
- Without a commute, your walking and activity goes down. Lunch is an hour and you should spend 20+ minutes of it walking around the block.
- Get as much natural light into the space. I also have two lamps with very warm white bulbs, it helps a lot.
- Wearing pants is for babies.
- Adjusting to distractions is hard. If you can, remove all toys, games etc from your work desk. Don't use a TV for noise.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I walk up the top of the mother loving hill during my wfh lunch breaks its about a 3km roundtrip and its quite a high hill #notafarmer

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
just got back from vacation and im near blackout drunk, but bleary eyed reading my work email and seeing that i too am mandatory WFH

could be good

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

blink polyfill posted:

I've been slowly turning up the wfh days in an attempt to quietly fade into full wfh. So, I took the opportunity to go full WFH. I'm not coming back until they say something, and then I'll probably two-weeks.

WFH protips that I've got so far:
- Calorie count. Don't buy snacks for wfh, only meals. Maybe bananas and stuff.
- Without a commute, your walking and activity goes down. Lunch is an hour and you should spend 20+ minutes of it walking around the block.
- Get as much natural light into the space. I also have two lamps with very warm white bulbs, it helps a lot.
- Wearing pants is for babies.
- Adjusting to distractions is hard. If you can, remove all toys, games etc from your work desk. Don't use a TV for noise.

I find coworking spaces help with a lot of these (although you will have to wear pants). They rarely have good snacks and you can pick one nearby so that it's a nice length walk.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

pointsofdata posted:

I find coworking spaces help with a lot of these (although you will have to wear pants). They rarely have good snacks and you can pick one nearby so that it's a nice length walk.

ah yes, i am being sent to work from home in order to avoid the risk of getting infected in the office. certainly, the best life hack to make this trying time not so miserable is to just find another office to work in. this will have no far reaching negative consequences whatsoever

that said, while i am wfh until the 17th it seems france is not so panicky just yet. as it is going now i think i actually would prefer 1-2 weeks of more intense countermeasures to the current approach of "please wash your hands more often" and other stuff that seems to be flouted constantly in the interests of some "critical" business or other

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

blink polyfill posted:

for that ive been using some smart bulbs so I can boost sunlight colored light in the room on overcast days. it also sets a tone where, if its bright white light its work, and if its incandescent lights is not since my home desk is also a computer games desk

also doesnt hurt to invest in a selfie light for calls

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i know it sounds silly but i always looked like i was in witness protection so some diffuse local light helps

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

we finally went wfh (still optional technically) on friday, the same day the woman I live with broke up with me. she is on wfh too. we're going to trade off living in the apartment and going to an AirBnB week by week, so if wfh is still optional I might go in to the office during my off week rather than get a proper computer setup in whatever living situation I'm in. she has a more permanent place starting April 1.

apologies in advance if I indirectly kill someone's grandpa by transmitting the virus during all this bullshit.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

old people dying is not a bad thing

no, that's fair. I've had a good run.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

rotor posted:

no, that's fair. I've had a good run.

not that good

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

drat

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

director of IT said he can't make any official policies for wfh so it's up to our direct leads who tends to be ok

rip though to the 1300 call center employees in the building, also doesn't help that we're right next to 3 hospitals, and down the street from the first confirmed case in Indy

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
My company told me that I have to work from home for 2 weeks due to the Coronavirus, I don't mind at all but I don't know how the gently caress I'm going to do it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
very comfortably

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shaggar posted:

very comfortably

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

lancemantis posted:

i like going to work

sicko

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
will have to begin hoarding trash in my bedroom instead of my cubicle

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I realized I have to print something personal so I’m going to my office to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

brother mfc crew checking in