Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

Maryland just found out that the RAC is no joke. I hope this makes Rutgers a tourney team now!

TRAPEZOID OF TERROR

I would think that pretty much locks them up.

It would be nice if Iowa would get a rebound against Purdue ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It should, but there's some lingering doubt because they don't have any non-Nebraska road wins, because all the voters are dumb.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Kim Jong Il posted:

It should, but there's some lingering doubt because they don't have any non-Nebraska road wins, because all the voters are dumb.

Big game for both teams @Purdue Saturday. Purdue hasn't played good back to back games in almost an month, and they haven't had a good shooting night since they beat IU in Bloomington on the 8th.

Purdue needs that one and to probably make it to Saturday of the BTT to make the dance.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/1235059847428792321

Hell yeah

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Pretty cool moment in Vermont tonight, Josh Speidel scored his first points. He was one of Vermont's biggest recruits ever but he was in a car wreck right before his freshman year. He was in a coma and ended up with brain damage. He learned how to walk and talk again, and has been with the team throughout his college career. Pretty cool video here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401170996

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would be okay never playing Purdue ever again in any sport, is there a way we can send them to the ACC or something

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/dayneyoung/status/1235252589253537800

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MourningView posted:

I would be okay never playing Purdue ever again in any sport, is there a way we can send them to the ACC or something

nothing doing, we already have most of Notre Dame and that’s quite enough of Indiana

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, you could make arguments in a different way.. Like championship game appearances:

7 ACC
4 Big East
3 Big 10
2 - others

go by titles and you have 0 for the big 10 this century

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Purdue gonna win that natty in 2021

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
as expected, Texas A&M has... gone on the road and beaten Auburn

I love Buzz Williams

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

lol what

is this post from 2004

The B1G is always competitive, but outside of Sparty every now and then, there were not many teams that looked like national championship contenders

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Declan MacManus posted:

in the past decade? it’s been really competitive this year but overall i’d put them in the middle of the p5 pack solidly below the big 12 and the acc and ahead of the sec and pac 12
Pomeroy B10 conference rank, by year, because I hate myself and everyone who posts here:
2020 - 1
2019 - 2
2018 - 5
2017 - 4
2016 - 5
2015 - 4
2014 - 2
2013 - 1
2012 - 1
2011 - 1

So, I don't know what this really says.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Worst news for Purdue and the NCAA in general this season:

https://twitter.com/BaD0UG/status/1235278008996462592

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gvibes posted:

Pomeroy B10 conference rank, by year, because I hate myself and everyone who posts here:
2020 - 1
2019 - 2
2018 - 5
2017 - 4
2016 - 5
2015 - 4
2014 - 2
2013 - 1
2012 - 1
2011 - 1

So, I don't know what this really says.

lmao guess which year northwestern made the tournament

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Worst news for Purdue and the NCAA in general this season:

https://twitter.com/BaD0UG/status/1235278008996462592

NOOOOOoooooooo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The B1G is always competitive, but outside of Sparty every now and then, there were not many teams that looked like national championship contenders

Wisconsin and Michigan have both definitely had title quality teams recently, but even if it doesn't have a true top 4-5 team there are a lot of seasons like this one where it's the deepest conference.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Woo, MWC Tournament Day One.

Aztecs and Air Force at 11:30am

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
another year, another disappointing end to unlv's season. another year of the local media being weirdly insistent the team takes a cbi invitation.

maybe year two will be better but i know it won't be. nothing will ever be good for unlv again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

another year, another disappointing end to unlv's season. another year of the local media being weirdly insistent the team takes a cbi invitation.

maybe year two will be better but i know it won't be. nothing will ever be good for unlv again.

you guys are jerks and put a blemish on our regular season

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

a neat cape posted:

you guys are jerks and put a blemish on our regular season

beating top 5 teams every couple of years in the regular season is the highest mark unlv can achieve :shrug:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Evansville got sent out in the first round of Arch Madness bringing to a close a season that could've been an NCAA tourney bid. Always fun when a coach can't keep his loving pants on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheShowSDSU/status/1235861328545198080?s=19

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

the show better watch out before dakich threatens to have his murder prison friends take them out

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

paging MV, Drake is poo poo-kicking Northern Iowa right now in the MVC tournament (UNI's good again this year)

edit: Drake just won by 23 a week after losing to UNI by 27 on Senior Day in DSM. first 1-8 upset in Valley tournament history.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 6, 2020

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

MourningView posted:

HOW DARE YOU SIR! We are your most hated rival.

https://twitter.com/carmin_jc/status/1236011331700088833

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28846170/kansas-disputes-ncaa-allegations-basketball-team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Get owned Panthers ARF ARF ARF

The MVC was probably a one bid league either way but they definitely are now so that's a good result for bubble teams. UNI might have gotten a look for the first four or something if they'd gone to the title game and lost a close one but they're hosed now. I do feel a little bad for AJ Green who is legit awesome.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

Get owned Panthers ARF ARF ARF

The MVC was probably a one bid league either way but they definitely are now so that's a good result for bubble teams. UNI might have gotten a look for the first four or something if they'd gone to the title game and lost a close one but they're hosed now. I do feel a little bad for AJ Green who is legit awesome.

What if that gets Purdue in though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

why can't we stop anyone in the first half anymore

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

What if that gets Purdue in though

we can't play in the first round and you're like 50/50 to get bounced right away so it's fine

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

why can't we stop anyone in the first half anymore

Aztecs Bivtch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Aztecs Bivtch

2nd half aztecs save 1st half aztecs.

I'm with it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In the conference race absolutely everyone in this thread was following the UMKC KC apparently now? Women's Roos won the WAC.

First title for the school in either women's or men's basketball, and they once produced a somewhat memorable NBA player if only for his very embarrassing dunk contest showing. They were independent when Tony Dumas was there, but they still probably wouldn't have been good enough to win any conference had they been in one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/KCAlfredPhoto/status/1236159373338017793?s=19

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky will be without Ashton Hagans today at Florida. He did not travel and has stepped away from the team for a couple of days for "personal reasons."

There was a big blowup between him and Cal on Tuesday night. It happened when Kentucky was up by 17 and coincided with their subsequent collapse. Rumors are this has been brewing for a few weeks and came to a head in the middle of a game.

Without Hagans, I'm not sure how far Kentucky can go. They're already low on depth, so really can't afford to lose him, even though they've honestly played better with Maxey running the point the past couple games. Tough test will be really telling about how this team responds.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/gardelladan/status/1236334008784453632?s=21

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
How in the hell did Wisconsin with the Big 10.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Coco13 posted:

How in the hell did Wisconsin with the Big 10.

No clue but lol Indiana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m so tired of this Florida team holy poo poo