Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/consciousgary/status/1236079981874294792

https://twitter.com/consciousgary/status/1236081990878875648

Wasn't Hawkins basically only on Main Event for the vast majority of his streak. TV Time is king!

All that time that WCW invested in The Gambler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It's a shame Goldberg's matches were only a couple of minutes long each time. I guess WCW didn't see anything in him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hidden in his really poor example is something resembling a point; two of AEW's most over guys, Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy, have losing records.

However, WWE's problem is less about managing win loss records and more their approach to getting people over. They don't have long term plans for most guys and when they do come up with a long term plan, its something wildly stupid like Batista vs Orton when they have a red hot babyface in Daniel Bryan ready to face Orton, or humiliating people for weeks at a time then arbitrarily deciding to push them again like they did with Lashley

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hidden in his really poor example is something resembling a point; two of AEW's most over guys, Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy, have losing records.

Darby's has only just ticked over to 2-3 this week though (and is 7-7-1 all time), while Cassidy has only had 2 matches.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Jungle Boy and Jurassic Express in general are also a good example, everyone loved them and they hadn't won a single match.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
AEW is in a good spot because you know that even if someone isn't winning right now but gets over the promotion will notice and they will get their push in the near future.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AEW matches just generally have points, so even if someone you like loses the match you can recognize WHY they lost and that it wasn't just because someone picked the random names on a match generator tonight. If a wrestler has character and the booking has direction it can manage a losing streak.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

STAC Goat posted:

AEW matches just generally have points, so even if someone you like loses the match you can recognize WHY they lost and that it wasn't just because someone picked the random names on a match generator tonight. If a wrestler has character and the booking has direction it can manage a losing streak.

On a Recent Being The Elite there was a fun segment where Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler got into a fight over who had the more embarrassing win/loss record. I think you could build that towards an eventual grudge match between the two of them for First Win

(and then end it in a double count out or double DQ)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1235392367663988736

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lookit dat dood

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

AND NOW I AM A SLAVE

THE JUDAS OF WEDNESDAY NIGHT

IS THERE NOTHING LEFT FOR ME

IN THE WRECKAGE OF VINCE'S MIND

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Mike Kurtz is in fact turning face and will soon no longer have to be constantly posted ITT :unsmith:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Is this what anti-brokebraining looks like?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

extradite THIS! posted:

Mike Kurtz is in fact turning face and will soon no longer have to be constantly posted ITT :unsmith:

Nah, he's totally gonna see one moment where AEW does something WWE would never do and he'll flip his poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Time to add Alexa Bliss to the bad twitter takes list:

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1236304299036114946

You shouldn't poo poo on your coworkers gimmicks, imo.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 7, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DarkstarIV posted:

I was going to say that "saying that the heel cheating is cowardly isn't making GBS threads on the gimmick" & then I read her tweet again & she just says it's food colouring and god dammit wrestlers are loving poo poo at Twitter.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Any wrestler who doesn't tweet about how rad the mist gimmick is is doing it wrong

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Any wrestler who doesn't instinctively mark for the mist is just a bad wrestling person.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 3 days!)

DarkstarIV posted:

that really feels like it's in character to me, even the poo poo talking it as "green food coloring"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it obviously is

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's better reasons to dislike Bliss, but I do think its kind of poo poo to call it "food coloring."

You don't get anyone over when you make your opponents look bad or lame. That should be Promo 101.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I think there's better reasons to dislike Bliss, but I do think its kind of poo poo to call it "food coloring."

You don't get anyone over when you make your opponents look bad or lame. That should be Promo 101.

That’s my biggest problem with some wrestlers in AEW on commentary (Britt, Brandi). Jericho and MJF, and to a lesser extent Spears and Nyla talk lots of poo poo, but it’s always couched in “so and so is really good, but”. Get them over even as you’re talking smack. Last week Britt basically just badmouthed Swole.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brandi was really bad about it. I haven't really noticed it as a problem with Britt, but maybe its there. Its a line you gotta find in wrestling and some are good at it and some are real bad. If you make your opponent look like a loser not only does it suck for them but it doesn't help you because at best you beat a loser and at worst you lose to one.

A big part of why I've never liked Bliss is because I've always kind of felt like her whole act is about getting herself over at the expense of her opponents. And that just made the women's division look like a bunch of losers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

That’s my biggest problem with some wrestlers in AEW on commentary (Britt, Brandi). Jericho and MJF, and to a lesser extent Spears and Nyla talk lots of poo poo, but it’s always couched in “so and so is really good, but”. Get them over even as you’re talking smack. Last week Britt basically just badmouthed Swole.

In fairness Britt had all of what, 3 minutes on the mic based on the length of that squash?

I also think the fact it was a squash helps protect her, since it gives an impression of "Britt is clearly talking poo poo because she's a heel, Big Swole just totally murdered someone in seconds so how can she actually be bad"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alexa has the same problem that most WWE people do, which is that they're "playing a character" and thus come off as phony and inauthentic. Even as an arrogant heel, I never believe a single word she says.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

This isn't the "in character wrestler tweets where a wrestler mildly insults another wrestler and challenges them to a match" thread.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think it’s more noticeable in AEW when wrestlers do it because of how good Jericho is at never burying / always talking up his opponents.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Garza owns a chud

https://twitter.com/AngelGarzaWwe/status/1236402906963771393?s=19

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would assume that an account that just joined in January, has 0 followers, and has pretty much exclusively posted thinly veiled misogynistic and racist stuff at WWE women and POC is a pretty transparent burner account.

Just some guy "having fun" being a racist and a pig.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

https://twitter.com/dril/status/551464123293523968?s=20

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

RealFoxy posted:

That's not true at all. A name he recognized from the indies almost a decade prior offered him a ring if he and his trainees could work a dark match.
That's not even what Omega's version was, which was that Alex JeBailey handled securing the ring etc., but he made the call to reward the ring crew with the "dark match." (Which wasn't a dark match. It aired on the stream.) JeBailey had posted a photo of the three of them (he, Omega, and Rance) with Michael Nakazawa on Instagram after a previous CEO event with a caption saying that Omega introduced him to Rance, but Omega swears that it's not true and he didn't know why JeBailey said that unless he somehow thought that giving the wrestler credit was proper etiquette.

Omega living in Japan for so long really would be a good candidate for not knowing about Rance's criminal history when it's literally the only thing he's known for in wrestling to everyone else. I've always thought that he probably didn't know. But he handled it terribly.

(And he really, really should not have ever booked non-NJPW talent on the show in the first place without NJPW clearance.)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I will buy Mike Kurtz an account

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

>make toilet
>do soap
>kill corona

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1236494583258906630

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted: