Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Beach Bum posted:

At the ER for the second time in two weeks, only this time I'm on the stretcher. Suspected appendicitis :suicide:

Edit: appendicitis confirmed, surgery ETA 0400.

Beach Bum posted:

Apparently the nurses station was misinformed, on clear liquids. Just finished chicken broth, lime jello, lemon ice, a popsicle, and apple juice.

Hoping to get out of here today. I can literally see my favorite breakfast joint out the window.

Wow, that was fast. Glad to hear you had a quick resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Wow, that was fast. Glad to hear you had a quick resolution.

Yeah they do not gently caress around with appendicitis. A burst appendix is a loving shitshow for all involved.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Beach Bum posted:

Apparently the nurses station was misinformed, on clear liquids. Just finished chicken broth, lime jello, lemon ice, a popsicle, and apple juice.

Hoping to get out of here today. I can literally see my favorite breakfast joint out the window.

Waffle House? :v:

Glad you're doing well.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My condo overlooks an active railyard. Spring has arrived based upon the number of enthusiasts with cameras I've seen. Yesterday I saw a couple of old men camped out in folding chairs on the sidewalk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like my dad.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Beach Bum posted:

Yeah they do not gently caress around with appendicitis. A burst appendix is a loving shitshow for all involved.

Happened to my best mate when he was about 20ish. They had to cut him from nipple to below the appendix then across to the other side of his stomach in order to clean everything out, an almost 2ft long scar. 6 weeks on morphine and he couldn’t walk properly for months afterwards.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Waffle House? :v:

Glad you're doing well.

I love me a waffle house.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Beach Bum posted:

Have you had to pee yet? Worst part after my lappy appy was the intense pain upon pissing thanks to the catheter that was in during the surgery.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm very glad I've never been awake when a catheter was inserted, but I had one removed after it had been in for 5 days and it was not a very pleasant experience

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

On a somewhat less painful note, had the boomer who lives in a trailer park yell over the fence at me for using my leafblower and getting dust all over her patio furniture.

I await her yelling into a haboob come July.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm very glad I've never been awake when a catheter was inserted, but I had one removed after it had been in for 5 days and it was not a very pleasant experience

I was very awake when I had one inserted (was in DTs, but had some ativan, so it was DTs without seizures.. but with hallucinations added on)

It wasn't fun. Getting it removed was less fun. Waking up with morning wood one time while in ICU with the cath was agonizing.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A fulfilling weekend, daughter finally picked up this whole "cycling without falling off" business. Also, got a cast iron pan for a tenner when the wife and I couldn't decide which of the thousand equally poo poo looking £30+ non-stick pans to get. It's unbelievable how good this is.

Now browsing 15 year old XC90s on AutoTrader, I mean just how many electrical faults can a car have, really?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I was not looking forward to the catheter. However, the gods shone their grace upon me, and I did not need one :smuggo:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

cakesmith handyman posted:

A fulfilling weekend, daughter finally picked up this whole "cycling without falling off" business. Also, got a cast iron pan for a tenner when the wife and I couldn't decide which of the thousand equally poo poo looking £30+ non-stick pans to get. It's unbelievable how good this is.

Now browsing 15 year old XC90s on AutoTrader, I mean just how many electrical faults can a car have, really?

I've got a big cast iron pan that I salvaged from a house my brother bought. Haven't worked up the gumption to use it, it seems like it's a while "thing."

XC90s -- avoid the I6 and V8. Turbo 5s are solid. Angle gears are problematic. FWD T5 is stout, but hard to find.

I loved the one we had in the late '00s. If non-dealer canbus equipment was easier to source back then, I still may have it. It was a seriously nice car.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 8, 2020

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

meatpimp posted:

XC90s -- avoid the V6
That should be easy :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Kivi posted:

That should be easy :v:

Corrected. I never paid attention to the x6 configuration. So noted.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

I was not looking forward to the catheter. However, the gods shone their grace upon me, and I did not need one :smuggo:

Weird flex, but okay.

I'm getting knocked out 3 times a week for ECT. I told them to crank it to 11 and erase some poo poo but nothing seems to be missing yet :smith:

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

meatpimp posted:

Corrected. I never paid attention to the x6 configuration. So noted.
The late V8s should be solid, tho. I'd stay away from the twin turbo sixes, but the N/A 3.2 should be okay. Most of the problems are within the transmission, AWD and electronics anyhow.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Powershift posted:

Weird flex, but okay.

Bonerflex?

Powershift posted:

I'm getting knocked out 3 times a week for ECT. I told them to crank it to 11 and erase some poo poo but nothing seems to be missing yet :smith:

Electric cock torture :mmmhmm:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

Bonerflex?

Electric cock torture :mmmhmm:

I.....

I think that costs extra

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

In my price range there are only D5s.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Weird flex, but okay.

How would you know? Maybe there's even worse stuff in there you can't remember.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

How would you know? Maybe there's even worse stuff in there you can't remember.

:ohdear:

Has anybody heard from my mortal enemy Tupak Shakur lately?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KillHour posted:

How would you know?

Lol yep. Since my brain injury I thought I was doing pretty good, but ask my wife and it's a different story, apparently my memory is poo poo now :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hopefully the first thing to go is The Hangover sequels.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

:ohdear:

Has anybody heard from my mortal enemy Tupak Shakur lately?

Too soon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

Too soon.

I was gonna say Bea Arthur but she would have probably kicked my rear end.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

they're gonna have to get all those Harvey flood cars outta Texas World Speedway to make room for the repo'd F-250 Platinums

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1236789241222434816?s=20

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

they're gonna have to get all those Harvey flood cars outta Texas World Speedway to make room for the repo'd F-250 Platinums

Number....go down? :ohdear:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Holy gently caress, 20 a barrel? Never did I ever expect that to happen.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Godzilla07 posted:

Yeouch that's gonna hurt big

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Shale-In-Crisis-As-Oil-Prices-Collapse.html

Lotta debt in the oil and shale industries coming due too.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Bet I’m still paying $1.40-1.50 a litre for diesel in 3 months time....

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, we're still gonna be paying $2+ a gallon in the US as oil companies try to soak up every dollar they can.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ferremit posted:

Bet I’m still paying $1.40-1.50 a litre for diesel in 3 months time....

We're going to somehow get sucked into only using Alberta oil and it's going to cause gas prices to skyrocket, I can feel it already.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

There will be a new tax on gas. It will be earmarked 100% for oil companies.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I’m in Australia so we get shafted due to sweet gently caress all domestic production. Used to have a refinery here in Adelaide but it got mothballed and then knocked down and all our fuel now gets transported in. Odd that that coincided with a spike in fuel prices...

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Powershift posted:

I.....

I think that costs extra

If you pay for the upgrade see if they'll throw in some CBT for free, I've heard it does wonders!

If there were ever two communities that needed to get their acronyms straight...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Elmnt80 posted:

Oh, we're still gonna be paying $2+ a gallon in the US as oil companies try to soak up every dollar they can.

If you got 40 billion in debt and you want to stay in business? Absolutly.

But then again, there's probably a lot of "Capitalism for the profits, socialize the losses" coming when fossil fuel companies get bailed out. Gotta save your billionaire donors right?

(TBH I dont think the low fuel prices this time are going to stop the growth of alternatives, especially transport. Not with EV's finally being a true ICE replacement)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone going "my EV eucks, I'm going back to ICE!" Truly for the commuter EV just blows ICE away, I can't even come close to describing how horrible and janky driving a standard Automatic Transmission vehicle feels compared to the smooth whine of IGBTs increasing in pitch to your desired speed feels. Like, I actively hate driving our work vehicles now because they're so unpleasant compared to my Leaf, and braking? Regenerative braking feels like what engine braking SHOULD be, hydraulic brakes are for scrubs, and using them should be avoided at all cost (a fact EVs will remind you of every time you use your horrible, squealing, underutilized conventional brakes).

And my Leaf's form factor is an AI wet dream, somewhere between large hatch and small wagon, I can fit just about whatever I want into its cavernous interior volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The EVs I want are still too expensive for me, so until they get cheaper it's ICE ICE baby :v: