Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wish elfsword and hugh had gotten to have cubebro adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What the gently caress is going on with this woods-girl and her bow. Why does she spend her time LARPing and if she spends her time LARPing why the gently caress is she pointing her bow at random old men who show up on her planet and threatening to kill them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Heh it's riker

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I guess riker's daughter was poking the bow around because they had trouble with the tzinti or whatever the gently caress

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

reignofevil posted:

I guess riker's daughter was poking the bow around because they had trouble with the tzinti or whatever the gently caress

Kzinti. Aka these fuckers

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/e/e3/Chuft-Captain.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080504002010&path-prefix=en

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Neat!

To me the thing that is least believable about this whole episode is that the Riker family doesn't have a guest bedroom for picard.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Why is it ladies always be showering together in tv shows and such let me tell you how many people are allowed to watch me shower, none. I close my eyes when I shower and never peek, not once ever, and so should you.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 9, 2020

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
girls have different rules for bathrooms

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Even I'm incredulous that someone could have the capacity to read a whole dictionary in two minutes and yet somehow this person was ever convinced they were an actual human being.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Riker pretty clearly makes the shittiest pizza ever. I don't think he even rendered his tomatoes down into paste first.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Troi being a real bitch and telling someone who has never had a grown-tomato before to try one. Don't get me wrong tomato is delicious as hell but it's not an apple you don't just give it to someone and say "have a bite" unless you're doing some kinda bit. Sure Vashj or Dashj or whatever has probably had a tomato before just from the replicator so she should basically know what she's getting into more or less but it just doesn't sit well with me when they probably have more palatable things than fuckin' tomatoes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

reignofevil posted:

Even I'm incredulous that someone could have the capacity to read a whole dictionary in two minutes and yet somehow this person was ever convinced they were an actual human being.

This is post-activation Soji. Her positronic brain is in "gently caress it, guess I don't need any of these human-presenting safeguards anymore" mode.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Luckily she loved the tomato.

Also I forgot about the safeguards but that honestly raises even more questions in my mind

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Is her name really Soji? gently caress I can't retain a god damned thing from this show.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Picard is outright loving with this poor android by telling her it's an elaborate plot to torture her in a sunny garden villa in the most sarcastic way possible. Honestly though one of his defining character traits is being kinda lovely at dealing with younger adults so I don't actually have any objection.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i will be watching the picard show this evening

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

holy fuckin poo poo the director for this ep was dynamite

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

chabon writes for readers not viewers and it gives his scripts a near rhythm and v distinct dialogue style

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*neat rhythm

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
All I can say is I am onboard as gently caress for Mass Effect: Picard.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

chabon eps have picard saying things like “hey......hey!!” but at the same time, get the core of the character p fuckin well. he is just too much of a writer to calibrate his Writerly Voice for television i guess

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is the first ep where at no pt did it feel like the camera was fighting the sets in the borg cube, imo. dark lighting w no specific light source + narrow corridors + long corridors has to make the cube s nitemare to shoot on, but this ep managed it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

and the picard/soji conversation worked hard to make the camera angles meaningful when it totally could have gotten away w shot/reverse-shot

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Squizzle posted:

and the picard/soji conversation worked hard to make the camera angles meaningful when it totally could have gotten away w shot/reverse-shot

That at Picard being dense as gently caress that Data flying through space, busting into an enemy dreadnought, fighting his way to the bridge, and slapping an emergency beam out doodad on Picard purely to save his life knowing 100% that he wouldn't survive the trip himself was anything but the ultimate expression of love and respect for him. I dunno, maybe he wanted to see if Soji would say it herself because she's a neutral observer on the whole thing.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am about 40% through this and it finally feels like they are just being their own thing & having fun with it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It was bad.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

instead of data dying so picard could live, picard lived so data could die, and so experience a fuller humanity :unsmith:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

they have to stop letting akiva goldsman direct important eps, tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Squizzle posted:

they have to stop letting akiva goldsman direct important eps, tho

But who will give us all those pointless sickass nausea inducing spinning camera shots?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

picard has died like five times now

speaking of, i guess he doesnt have an artificial heart anymore. at least, no more artificial than the rest of him

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Better alternate ending: Super Android Picard and Data team up to suplex the evil Romulans into submission.

I would do it but my MSPaint skill is zero :(

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

istewart posted:

Better alternate ending: Super Android Picard and Data team up to suplex the evil Romulans into submission.

I would do it but my MSPaint skill is zero :(

This might be doable.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

they missed a trick in not saying that picard is in fact immortal af, and then getting him for a guest spot in discovery s3

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Squizzle posted:

they missed a trick in not saying that picard is in fact immortal af, and then getting him for a guest spot in discovery s3

Obviously just trying to avoid being carrie fischer'd when we reach the crucial Picard season 5.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Obviously just trying to avoid being carrie fischer'd when we reach the crucial Picard season 5.

picard should absolutely be flying unaided thru space now

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Give Picard psychic powers so he can make that Extra's cameo canon and just have him fly around the universe making women's clothes fall off with his mind.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Squizzle posted:

Well, they’re not getting Rene Auberjonois back :(

Although if they had any balls whatsoever, they’d have a guest spot open for Weyoun-457

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

disco s3 should be superrobot picard and an entirely unscripted avery brooks as sisko laughing and throwing a huge dinner party for the discovery crew, for 13 eps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Like that the Romulans finally got away from giant shoulder pads and bowl cuts to become the Dark Eldar from WH40K