Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Breath of the wild is a Zelda for fans and first timers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've learned to respect breath of the wild even if i can't enjoy it.

For me it just expects you to make your own fun in a way I find tedious

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Welp there goes the markets. (8% down!)

Which video game companies do you think are now turbofucked?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

I need to stop starting every game and moving onto others! Bad VG!

This is how I play every game for the most part. I feel bad about leaving Dishonored to play DOS:2, but I'll probably end up leaving DOS:2 for a while to play Prey or something.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I watched the "lol stadia so bad amirite" ffxv clips and it seems perfectly on par with the mediocre quality of the rest of the game??

Wanna see the "one dollar unity game on steam" that has such nice lighting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I feel like there's certainly space for the traditional top-down, grid map, 8 standard dungeon Zelda games; it's just that BotW is just a straight up genre redefining game and I don't think I ever want to go back to such a 'limited' overworld.

(Do HD remakes of Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Link Between Worlds. Use the Link's Awakening engine)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Remakes of the Oracle games that coincide with the release of Ricky the kangaroo dlc for smash

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hoping BotW2 sees us going to Lorule/Dark World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeyUb2uvOv8

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

I feel like there's certainly space for the traditional top-down, grid map, 8 standard dungeon Zelda games; it's just that BotW is just a straight up genre redefining game and I don't think I ever want to go back to such a 'limited' overworld.

(Do HD remakes of Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Link Between Worlds. Use the Link's Awakening engine)

Didn't the Link's Awakening switch engine chug on the overworld? Was that ever fixed? It was at least part of why I didn't get it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Grouchio posted:

Welp there goes the markets. (8% down!)

Which video game companies do you think are now turbofucked?

Maybe Ubisoft, because they hold so much of their own stock for "fighting off Activision" reasons.

Other than that, does stock value impact companies that much? The company already got their money with the IPO so falling stocks shouldn't matter that much for their bottom line. It is generally the other way around - the stock price reflects the market's faith in the company, but this is a market wide crash and every stock price suffers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

Breath of the wild is a Zelda for fans and first timers

I will do it this time. I am sure

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This is how I play every game for the most part. I feel bad about leaving Dishonored to play DOS:2, but I'll probably end up leaving DOS:2 for a while to play Prey or something.

There have been a few games I have started and been unable to stop playing; Horizon zero dawn, Prey, Yakuza 0, Nier:Automata, Portal 2, Fallout 3, Braid, Wolfenstein TNO TNC & Youngblood, and it happens rarely, but when it does I have the grandest time ever, so I think I hop between them in an attempt to capture those moments again. If a game does not grrrrab me like they did I put it down and hope the next one does.

I have left a trail of half played games in my wake.

Well enough is enough! I will play and finish these games! I will do it. I have many that I have gotten a sizable way through and then stopped and this is me making a vow that I will complete.

I will finish Metal gear Solid, Breath of the Wild, Rage 2, Project Warlock, Last Guardian, Last of Us, Disco Elysium, Super Mario Odyssey, Hollow Knight, Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stonks

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
nothing much, what's a stonks with you

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Market’s dyin, cloud

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Panic? This isn't panic. Just wait until a pandemic is declared :laffo:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah I'm more worried about not being able to get nacho cheese doritos than getting sick

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I will finish Metal gear Solid, Breath of the Wild, Rage 2, Project Warlock, Last Guardian, Last of Us, Disco Elysium, Super Mario Odyssey, Hollow Knight, Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Now I'm thinking we should have a Games Backlog Debt Forgiveness and Games Backlog Toxx thread in here where we can say goodbye to things that are on our backlogs that we no long care about and put :10bux: on the line for games on our backlog games that we really want to finish.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looper posted:

yeah I'm more worried about not being able to get nacho cheese doritos than getting sick

The currency for the New World order is toilet paper, and I hope you're stocked up fucko

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Infinitum posted:

The currency for the New World order is toilet paper, and I hope you're stocked up fucko

can you believe these pigs are literally wiping their loving rear end with money while the rest of us starve

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Unless you live in the USA then the currency is ammo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(But seriously start doing some light prepping if you can. Try and get 1-2 weeks of long lasting food in your shelves to act as a buffer; and extra pet food. Coronavirus is a concern, but people are starting to get loving stupid about the whole thing; and light prepping means you don't need to enter a Battle Royale for groceries if things get worse [Which is seemingly likely])

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Now I'm thinking we should have a Games Backlog Debt Forgiveness and Games Backlog Toxx thread in here where we can say goodbye to things that are on our backlogs that we no long care about and put :10bux: on the line for games on our backlog games that we really want to finish.

This would make a superb thread and if you make it I will participate and sticky it :hai:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

(But seriously start doing some light prepping if you can. Try and get 1-2 weeks of long lasting food in your shelves to act as a buffer; and extra pet food. Coronavirus is a concern, but people are starting to get loving stupid about the whole thing; and light prepping means you don't need to enter a Battle Royale for groceries if things get worse [Which is seemingly likely])

I will fight anyone I see buying toiler paper. It's all for me.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've got a fray bentos pie in the cupboard.

Worst comes to the worst I'll just eat that and wake up in the next life.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i really hope botw doesnt put an end to normal 3d zelda games cos that would suck actually. i like dungeons and smaller more hand crafted worlds. end the open world scourge.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i forget did they actually show anything about breath of the wild 2 or just announce it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

i forget did they actually show anything about breath of the wild 2 or just announce it

They showed a bit of in-game but non-gameplay footage

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gamers, who skew younger and go through great lengths to avoid all human contact, will inherit our post-coronavirus world.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

i really hope botw doesnt put an end to normal 3d zelda games cos that would suck actually. i like dungeons and smaller more hand crafted worlds. end the open world scourge.

make more botws please because it's like the first good open world game in a decade

make more link between worlds style games too though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a guy in the coronavirus thread saying we should stock up on food/guns/condoms/toilet paper/candies for elderly neighbours

also lots of bidet chat

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

This would make a superb thread and if you make it I will participate and sticky it :hai:

I'll try and get something together after work & errands tonight! It'll be good since we just had Email Debt Forgiveness Day.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hate that joe bidet is going to be the democratic nominee

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

make more botws please because it's like the first good open world game in a decade

make more link between worlds style games too though

do neither of these and make more majoras masks and windwakers and links awakenings

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i hate that joe bidet is going to be the democratic nominee

listen here jack back in my day we use to drive long cars down to wilmington beach

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

remembering with anger the one time botw rewarded me with something cool for exploring when i found the weird double face horse thing and then immediately punished me for having fun by saying that i couldnt stable it, arbitrarily.

also remembering that for half my playthrough my horse was stuck between two rocks.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

better than having your hog stuck between two rocks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

do neither of these and make more majoras masks and windwakers and links awakenings

As a top-down zelda Link's awakening is filed under the "link between world style games" category, I just chose it because it's the latest original one in that style

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

As a top-down zelda Link's awakening is filed under the "link between world style games" category

ah sorry was confused because you listed the boring lttp clone instead of lttp or la

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

ah sorry was confused because you listed the boring lttp clone instead of lttp or la

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"i want more games in this style" and "oh that game is just a boring clone" seems a fine line to walk