Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

HootTheOwl posted:

Shrimp isn't fish

They're some sort of pastry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

InsertPotPun posted:

horsey appears to be a socially liberal financially conservative type? or maybe he's just an old crank early. but he makes "old man shakes fist at the youngsters" comics a lot.
And, because it's tradition:

"i don't like the way that old white man is talking."~a black man and woman~a white man.

way to be horsey, you and prickley city holding hands.

By every reported measure the fact that Bernie doesn't identify as a democrat hurts him among PoC voters. They identify the party establishment with the people on the ground fighting for them as it's often the case. The fact Bernie isn't part of it hurts him.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

HootTheOwl posted:

Shrimp isn't fish

They're shellfish, which has fish in the word, therefore

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

UTS to offer 'gender points' to encourage women in engineering (ABC Triple J Hack)
ATAR = Australian Tertiary Admission Rank, the Aussie equivalent of SAT.
In my quick search this was a story back in late August (which is when unis would be holding open days), so I don't know why it's the Leak cartoon right now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

duz posted:

They're some sort of pastry.

Just wanna say I appreciate this PYF ref.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Seems Steve Bell is now on the conservatives poo poo list.

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1236624197658566662

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 9, 2020

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CuwiKhons posted:

Lol, you probably think cheesecake is a cake. You fool. You absolute child.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shrimp are bugs and will therefore be allowed for consumption only to bug vore fetishists and those who love shrimp enough to fake erotic desire. Much like bats.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

T-man posted:

Shrimp are bugs and will therefore be allowed for consumption only to bug vore fetishists and those who love shrimp enough to fake erotic desire. Much like bats.

There is a pretty solid argument for calling shrimp bugs, though. At least if you're willing to describe spiders as bugs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We're dangerously close to coming to the conclusion that bats are hairy, flying pastries.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo :stare:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

CuwiKhons posted:

I've known some very generoush shrimp, thank you.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
:siren: Here we have the first new Mallard Fillmore since November 23. :siren:

And while it's a reasonably good imitation of Tinsley's art style (if not his lettering), it is signed "Fishman." (Loren Fishman?)

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 9, 2020

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
lol Tinsley got forced out

Now that his "retirement" is official, I propose renaming the Gaybies the Tinsley Awards, or Tinsleys. A fitting tribute to the man whose awful cartoons spawned the original version of this thread.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tinsley getting fired just made my day :allears:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The lettering on that is absolutely horrible but I'm glad to hear that Tinsley now gets to drink himself to an early grave without earning a paycheck for garbage cartoons every week.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Rest in permanent obscurity you miserable old gently caress

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

God, is it really worth zombifying to satisfy the "doonesbury needs a conservative comic to balance it" people?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

are we sure tinsley is still alive, did anyone do a wellness check after he stopped sending them in?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also why isn't retirement off the table?

We can only hope this brings back some plot aside from being a talking head to the comic. Then again Prickly City is the perfect counter point to this argument.

That could provide something to poke fun at.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

It's Biden Week with Ted Rall!

Rall: Nothing Matters More Than Beating Bernie Sanders

Ted Rall posted:

Determined to stop Bernie Sanders from continuing his status as frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination, Democratic leaders arranged for Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg and Mike Bloomberg to drop out of the primaries and endorse former vice president Joe Biden. The only problem is, Joe Biden is probably the least electable of the moderate wing of the party.

Tags: Amy Klobuchar; Pete Buttigieg; Mike Bloomberg; billionaire; articulate mayor; woman senator; Donald Trump; 2020 presidential campaign; Democratic primaries; Democratic National Committee; DNC

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Is it too hard to draw someone using a stepladder correctly or is Rall simply ignorant of how to use a stepladder

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

bandaid.friend posted:

Is it too hard to draw someone using a stepladder correctly or is Rall simply ignorant of how to use a stepladder
If he had earned any goodwill ever I would take it as a joke about how dumb you have to be to support that candidate, along with the stuck-out tongue

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I gotta say fishman does not seem like an improvement

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fister Roboto posted:

Tinsley getting fired just made my day :allears:
Now now, he probably "Retired". Forcefully.

Which still makes my day.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Help Im Alive posted:

I gotta say fishman does not seem like an improvement

The lettering is weird as hell but I'll give fishman credit for having something resembling a joke.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Feinne posted:

The lettering is weird as hell but I'll give fishman credit for having something resembling a joke.

It's a rephrasing of the first Mallard Fillmore.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tinsley's probably going to keep getting paid as the creator even if he's not drawing it. Now he can just drink all day because he doesn't have to do all that research.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Go RV! posted:

Fresh from Facebook

You gotta give me the fangs!

Bernie looking like Danny DeVito there.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Rest in piss Bruce "the Juice" Tinsley :toot:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Walker posted:

Tinsley's probably going to keep getting paid as the creator even if he's not drawing it. Now he can just drink all day because he doesn't have to do all that research.

Isn't the strip so drat old that it might belong to the syndicate? I doubt Tinsley is a smart guy like Berkeley Breathed.

Lodin fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 9, 2020

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can't believe they decided to continue Mallard Filmore (maybe as a more nonpolitical strip?) instead of just trashing it altogether.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't understand this statement. Day drinking is his research.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I can't believe they decided to continue Mallard Filmore (maybe as a more nonpolitical strip?) instead of just trashing it altogether.

Yeah, nah. It's going to be political no matter what. Gotta balance out Doonesbury, Candorville, anything with POC characters...

And newspaper comics die very hard if they're widespread and have been around for a long time. Even if the creator dies, old people will gnash their teeth and rend their garments and walk in small circles while ululating if there's even a hint the strip will be allowed to die with its creator. See: Peanuts. BC. Wizard of Id. Prince loving Valiant. The list goes on.

Edit:
How many days ago were all those Dow soars! Economy humming! Thanks Donald! cartoons? Cause the NYSE just suspended trading after a 1900 point drop.

MrUnderbridge fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 9, 2020

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Peanuts was at least allowed the small dignity of going into reruns rather than being assigned to an anonymous ghost writer. Hell, Jim Davis isn't even dead, but Garfield is already being ghost written.

How would non political Mallard Filmore even work? Focus on popular secondary characters like Chantel, the black feminist reporter who secretly longs for a traditional relationship with a conservative, or Mr. Noseworth, the media controlling jew publisher with a big nose?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Tinsley is gone? Thanks, Trump.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I'm guessing that there's been a resurgence of that old email-forward claim that volcanoes release more CO2 than fossil fuels (they really, really don't)*

*Unless you have a Traps event
:goonsay:

(Which we absolutely do not)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I predict a lot of cartoons depicting Max von Sydow playing chess with Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Alhazred posted:

I predict a lot of cartoons depicting Max von Sydow playing chess with Death.

You assume political cartoonists know classic movies, it's all going to be the three-eyed raven flying away.