Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

surprisingly despite being home to the mayo goddamn clinic there are no confirmed cases in town yet so no order to wfh :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the mayo clinic is just that good

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I had a trip to Disneyland already planned so I rolled the dice and went because I'm an absolute idiot.

Things you'd expect:
  • a fleet of branded hand sanitizer stations at the exit of each ride
  • FLIR cameras to turn away any idiots who show up running a fever
  • making sure that every bathroom always has paper towels
  • maybe spray things with bleach more often
What actually happened:
None of the above, because per the people who worked there, that would ruin the happiness. That didn't stop them refusing to touch things on the ride and having the attendees do it instead.

Jimmy Carter fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 9, 2020

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
mayo is good virus repellent everyone knows that

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jimmy Carter posted:

I had a trip to Disneyland already planned so I rolled the dice and went because I'm an absolute idiot.

Things you'd expect:
  • a fleet of branded hand sanitizer stations at the exit of each ride
  • FLIR cameras to turn away any idiots who show up running a fever
  • making sure that every bathroom always has paper towels
  • maybe spray things with bleach more often
What actually happened:
None of the above, because per the people who worked there, that would ruin the happiness. That didn't stop them refusing to touch things on the ride and having the attendees do it instead.

hi ho hi ho it's just the flu my bro

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean I wouldn’t expect them to like scan for illness at the entrances but I feel like they might take it up a notch

Then again Disneyland already puts lots of effort into operations as it is so :shrug:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
was cleaning out sone junk to make a real workspace since i'm digging in i guess and found a yosmas gift i searched and searched for and just could not locate earlier.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
don’t forget you’re here forever

do it for tayne

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

hi ho hi ho it's just the flu my bro

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

The Management posted:

I realized I have to print something personal so I’m going to my office to do that.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ceo just emailed the whole company. wishy washy on the wfh policy with 'use your best judgement' but also banned all travel until further notice. i'm remote anyways so :toot:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i'm wfh but i left my good coffee mug at work :cry:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[throws up hands] i can't work under these conditions [gets back in bed]

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Day 1:
I have finished jacking off in time for morning standup meeting. My password has expired and I cannot log onto the VPN to change it.
We are out of coffee.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Scud Hansen posted:

Day 1:
I have finished jacking off in time for morning standup meeting. My password has expired and I cannot log onto the VPN to change it.
We are out of coffee.

I love when everything goes according to plan.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Scud Hansen posted:

Day 1:
We are out of coffee.

dearest martha,

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
c wfh s: still in the office but one of my teammates is in the uk right now and will be asked to wfh for two weeks upon return

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm at the office. I think there are <10 people on my floor.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

#1 beneficiary of working from home: america's cats

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the ceo emailed but didn’t have any new policy. but I guess a supercomputer we sold is helping research a vaccine or something so ???

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

carry on then posted:

the ceo emailed but didn’t have any new policy. but I guess a supercomputer we sold is helping research a vaccine or something so ???

have they tried rubbing some watson blockchain 5g on it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

deep learning. big data. web 2.0 social

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cloud

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

web 2.0 is getting pretty old at this point. very meh. not exciting AT ALL.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
virus wfh day one and comcast has already started making GBS threads the bed.

gj comcast.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i count 24 people in the office today

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

vpn just went down with error message "too many concurrent users" :xd:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

qirex posted:

conveniently my org has at least three different vpns (on different platforms) for me to choose from

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
oh cool, it's leaf blower day, that will help productivity

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Base Emitter posted:

oh cool, it's leaf blower day, that will help productivity

I swear to you I looked outside and a dude was using a leaf blower to blow dust off his giant pickup truck.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

muh muh muh my corona!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my wife left the house so now one of the cats has decided to start harassing me instead

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

ours has started to crawl, and our teleconferencing is all hosed up for video calls. gonna just use facetime instead because it sucked before everyone started to wfh*

ohio just joined the club in the cleveland area so stay safe cle goons. looks like maybe some of the more recent tests based on the trickle of negative results

*oh no, my camera isnt working right *turns off video*

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 9, 2020

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apparently it was a licensing issue and not actual capacity so they just bought more seats and I can get on now

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

has slack finally allowed their employees to work from home or are they still needing to not use their product in order to be productive?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
"Voluntary WFH" and I was gonna still go into office today

Got paged out of bed at 11am and took until 9pm to resolve it

Will attempt to not WFH tomorrow

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
coronavirus WFH after you have turned in 2 weeks notice is indistinguishable from “watching tv”

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

anyone get the bug yet itt

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
not yet but I’m a bit worried I might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well, until today it was "hold any meetings you can over the phone or zoom, but classes are still on" but now all classes are cancelled until at least april. sign me up for the wfh crew :toot: