Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Both Costcos by me were out of toilet paper and both are rationing water.

I had to order online. It was horrifying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I checked and I have 6 rolls of toilet paper. My brother is staying at my house for 2 days so I anticipate I'll be down to 4 so I'll have to make a run for that in a few weeks, when hopefully the tp buying madness will have calmed down and I'll be able to make a purchase without looking like a maniac.

For those playing the home game, I think he makes nests in the toilet before leaving the bathroom.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

How much gear are you talking about? My single fishing kayak has ample room for gear.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

pacerhimself posted:

I checked and I have 6 rolls of toilet paper. My brother is staying at my house for 2 days so I anticipate I'll be down to 4 so I'll have to make a run for that in a few weeks, when hopefully the tp buying madness will have calmed down and I'll be able to make a purchase without looking like a maniac.

For those playing the home game, I think he makes nests in the toilet before leaving the bathroom.

I pray my supplies last long enough that I look like I'm just normally buying TP when I need it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pacerhimself posted:

Obviously you need to lock up the TP and give him poo poo ticket rations when he asks for them. 3.6 squares, to be exact.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Looking forward to the rash in bidet purchases as TP availability tanks.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Warbird posted:

Looking forward to the rash in bidet purchases as TP availability tanks.

Does toto trade publically?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's been a lot of bidet chat in the coronavirus thread.

Don't tell them about Costco. They'll dwindle the supplies!

jk, everyone needs the 'co in their lives.

PBUC

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Pennywise the Frown posted:

There's been a lot of bidet chat in the coronavirus thread.

Don't tell them about Costco. They'll dwindle the supplies!

jk, everyone needs the 'co in their lives.

PBUC

Don’t care, got mine. Gonna spread the gospel of bidet life

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd get one but I'd be seriously concerned about cleaning it. I know a lot of you guys said it's easy and their is a self cleaning nozzle but I don't buy it. For me to consider it clean I'd have to remove it to clean around the spigot or whatever you call it with a small brush. Clean under the seat, etc. I just don't see how it can be really clean. I don't maintain my toilet as much as I should but this thing would worry me because it's spraying water inside of my b hole.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I should but this thing would worry me because it's spraying water inside of my b hole.
The bidet shouldn't be giving you a colonic. If it does, turn the pressure down or something.

And yeah, it's actually recommended you get a small brush for cleaning the wand end for maximum hygiene. You can also get by with running the self-clean and using a toilet brush or disposable toilet wand scrubber.

Honestly the self-clean should do the job, but if you've got the coronavirus-tacobell hellshits, then maybe an extra clean in the wand nozzle would be good.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Went to my Costco today and there were no sample carts anywhere.

It was heavenly.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s a lot of virus to take, if you aren’t prepared

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
lol they busted someone with a fake receipt as I was leaving today and the guy had the most PUA energy I’ve ever seen IRL, mauve-rear end fedora wearing dorkus.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lazyhound posted:

lol they busted a someone with a fake receipt as I was leaving today and the guy had the most PUA energy I’ve ever seen IRL, mauve-rear end fedora wearing dorkus.

Did the receipt checker lady do a sweet arm bar takedown

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

priznat posted:

Did the receipt checker lady do a sweet arm bar takedown

tragically no, but a manager parkoured through the crowd with v. respectable speed

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anybody ever try this dip?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

:eyepop:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What haven't you bought it already and then told us how YOU tried it?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

No alcohol? No thanks :colbert:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Went back to the 'co today, forgot a few things on Friday. Wasn't packed at all, plenty of water (I didn't buy any, tap works just fine). I did grab a big two-pack of soap because we were low, there were literally eight left.

I did want to grab a bunch of rice and dry beans, but I couldn't find any for the life of me. I ended up stopping at the grocery store on the way home and getting several 5 lb bags instead.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If I bought this I would have to immediately peel off the nutrition information and burn it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What haven't you bought it already and then told us how YOU tried it?

I am very cautious and unadventurous

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Before anyone asks, you can't use the Costco jello shots as hand sanitizer.

I mean, you can try, but it won't work very well.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

Before anyone asks, you can't use the Costco jello shots as hand sanitizer.

I mean, you can try, but it won't work very well.

They will sterilize your throat. For internal use only. Take two every thirty minutes.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I heard that the costco near my parents has had to start rationing Depends.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Zombie Dachshund posted:

How are the brioche rolls? I was thinking about getting some burgers tomorrow; usually I get regular hamburger rolls or those square Italian-style rolls, but those have me intrigued.

Really good, especially toasted.

Bitchin’ deviled eggs were good!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

My costco (in NM) is also completely out of TP and water. I must have missed the frenzy. It was pretty quiet for the weekend. The local grocery stores are only out of the cheap TP.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Went to a ‘co in Queens NY Saturday at opening. Was not quite a madhouse but pretty bad; the Lysol was nearly gone at like 5 minutes past opening, and I saw employees telling people there was a limit of five multiple times while I was there. There was a frenzy at the TP/water area too, but at least water they had stacked in a like 40’x40’ area six feet high so there was plenty if you were buying it. Dunno why you’d need it in NYC though, the tap water is pretty good and I don’t think anything short of societal collapse or a major earthquake would stop it from being available.

They had the Kirkland whole oven roasted turkey breasts on sale; they’re good and versatile so I got an extra one. Also picked up a giant package of pork belly to be used in all manners of things, going to try making carbonara with it first.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I was glad to see the CDS employees still working at Costco with no samples. Two were at the front door handing out disinfectant wipes and a few others were restocking/organizing the vitamin isle.

Glad Costco didn't abandon those quasi employees

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Why are so many idiots stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water as if they're preparing for an earthquake or tornado and why do they only shop at Costco?

Every other grocery store I've been to has tp and water just fine.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Good Dog posted:

Why are so many idiots stocking up on toilet paper and bottled water as if they're preparing for an earthquake or tornado and why do they only shop at Costco?

It's not just costco. I stopped into my local neighborhood grocery a few days ago for a random single ingredient I didn't have for dinner and they were nearly out of TP. The whole loving isle was just ragged.

Of course I then called my wife to find out our own TP levels (down to two rolls) and became part of the problem when I bought two packs instead of one after I finally found an end cap with two lonely packages that the mob had apparently missed. Did I need two? Not really. One would last us a couple weeks easily. But I also didn't want to be wiping my rear end with paper towels if people don't calm the gently caress down a bit before then.

Note: regular 'ol grocery store packs, not costco packs. I can't imagine using two of those in just a couple of weeks. It's nu-SARS, not dysentery.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been made aware of this thread.
The Kirkland dehydrated onions are amazingly useful. That is my contribution to this thread that I will now lurk and bookmark. Namaste.

I'm also poor and single so I wouldn't be able to put that beer cheese to use.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm also poor and single so I wouldn't be able to put that beer cheese to use.

That sounds like quitter talk.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Grabbed a jar of the minced California garlic this weekend. Its great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going today to get some TP that I've been meaning to get for a month. I hope there is some left. Wish me luck. Then again my area isn't a panic type of place so I'm not worried about stock.

Gonna see if they have the Babybel cheese too. It's like a pound for almost the same cost as the regular stuff. Just gonna browse and see what they have. I don't need much right now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The costco I go to is usually a madhouse so I am really hesitant to go when it’s in the throes of a plague frenzy.

I want to return some contigo kids water bottles that got recalled too

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

toplitzin posted:

That sounds like quitter talk.

It is if it won't help my girlish figure. :v::goonsay:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ayndin posted:

Went to a ‘co in Queens NY Saturday at opening. Was not quite a madhouse but pretty bad; the Lysol was nearly gone at like 5 minutes past opening, and I saw employees telling people there was a limit of five multiple times while I was there. There was a frenzy at the TP/water area too, but at least water they had stacked in a like 40’x40’ area six feet high so there was plenty if you were buying it. Dunno why you’d need it in NYC though, the tap water is pretty good and I don’t think anything short of societal collapse or a major earthquake would stop it from being available.

They had the Kirkland whole oven roasted turkey breasts on sale; they’re good and versatile so I got an extra one. Also picked up a giant package of pork belly to be used in all manners of things, going to try making carbonara with it first.

Which one?

The Rego Park Costco is an embarrassment to the Costco name. They do their best with what they have, but it's a terrible store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Good Dog posted:

Early on I think it was just virus-related panic buying but now you have people who need to make regular TP and bottle water runs who can't find it, so when they DO find some they buy a bunch because you can't be sure you'll find it again when you need it so it just snowballs from there.