Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I get the criticisms of botw and if you don't like it, cool, but either way I'm glad that's what they did instead of reheating some bland OoT3 in the microwave to play it safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s the best Nintendo game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I get the criticisms of botw and if you don't like it, cool, but either way I'm glad that's what they did instead of reheating some bland OoT3 in the microwave to play it safe

:same:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

It’s the best Nintendo game

It's not even the best 3d zeldo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want me Animal Crossings.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

I just want me Animal Crossings.

I want a friendly Doomguy in Animal Crossing and a helpful mayoral assistant in Doom Eternal

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oddium posted:

magic tech is cool

:hai:

Relax Or DIE posted:

Whatever they do next--not necessarily the BotW sequel, but the next standalone Zelda game--I hope they keep the feeling of freedom BotW had. I love the freedom of movement and the way you can often improvise puzzle solutions because they're based on game mechanic/physics interactions and not necessarily totally arbitrary rules. I feel like those things are able to be translated to a more "traditional" Zelda structure if they do end up going back to that next time.

But I'd also be happy to see another wide-open Zelda game like BotW that just takes a different approach to it. BotW is the first open-world game where I actually, legitimately enjoyed aimless exploration, which makes it pretty special for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I want a friendly Doomguy in Animal Crossing and a helpful mayoral assistant in Doom Eternal

Swap the voice resource files of Isabel and VEGA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to play animal crossing and not hear about doom anymore oh yeaaah

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

Too bad, it tickles my funnybone and I enjoy the notion

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I have both games preordered and I’m excited

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

and vice versa

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

heres your 2020 meme forecast. the isabelle doomguy thing is not going to last as long as bowsette did

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hope Link gets a smart watch in the next game.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I hope link gets a hot air balloon and your main activity is catching stuff in a giant net

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

heres your 2020 meme forecast. the isabelle doomguy thing is not going to last as long as bowsette did

I hope it's not a fetish thing in Isabelle's case

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

isabelle is an adult, she likes vacation juice as much as anyone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

isabelle is an adult, she likes vacation juice as much as anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vEBPYfy1GM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/GamesBeat/status/1237112104689250306?s=19

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gamestop is saved? :eyepop:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

oh buddy

no

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Good luck to him! Probably got bored with his "retirement" and wanted a challenge.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh

gamego

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phantasium posted:

huh

gamego
more of a gamegao tbh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

mods change my name to Parasite Steve

Parasite Stevia

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm telling you, they should have Doomguy's rabbit as a villager.

May 8, 2006

*two years from now* in retrospect it seems so obvious for Reggie to save GameStop by installing dick sucking machines in them, I've almost deposited enough Gamer Loads to get 10% off a pre-owned game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm telling you, they should have Doomguy's rabbit as a villager.

Subtle, I like it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was think about it time to time but why did Nintendo take a bat to Yoshi's Island after it's first game

The first YI had a baby strapped to you but it was insanely fast paced, technical and it's music was electric with guitars and some really strong melodies. Crying sound aside I consider it a near-perfect platformer. Every single game after that though is just... way slower, the soundtrack is almost always phoned in and there's very little replay value in em'. Hell they can't even think up a different final boss for any of the games, they're all just the same drat baby bowser fights just worse or less interesting (Crafted World did try something slightly different if I'm being fair).

It's such a bummer listening to the absolutely killer soundtrack he SNES game had and knowing they'll never try to be ambitious with that series again :smith:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

it is better than oot ill give it that, but also windwaker and mm were much better "hey look, something different" games and i hope botw doesnt just become the new template and we keep getting zelda games that change up the formula instead.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guarantee you he did this just so he could be in the gamestop TV stuff and be wacky, i dunno why else anyone would hop onto this titanic after it's already crashed into the iceberg

but seriously they want to make gamestops more like gaming cafes, and so Reggie is probably on to apply the Nintendo World model to gamestop locations in metropolitan areas

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was think about it time to time but why did Nintendo take a bat to Yoshi's Island after it's first game

The first YI had a baby strapped to you but it was insanely fast paced, technical and it's music was electric with guitars and some really strong melodies. Crying sound aside I consider it a near-perfect platformer. Every single game after that though is just... way slower, the soundtrack is almost always phoned in and there's very little replay value in em'. Hell they can't even think up a different final boss for any of the games, they're all just the same drat baby bowser fights just worse or less interesting (Crafted World did try something slightly different if I'm being fair).

It's such a bummer listening to the absolutely killer soundtrack he SNES game had and knowing they'll never try to be ambitious with that series again :smith:

this but also paper mario series

May 8, 2006

Stux posted:

it is better than oot ill give it that, but also windwaker and mm were much better "hey look, something different" games and i hope botw doesnt just become the new template and we keep getting zelda games that change up the formula instead.

as someone who loved botw and also those two games, i agree.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t think we’ve had a Zelda Game Rankings session this month yet, let’s do it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i am playing sanitarium and i didn't think that i'd ever find another game that matches the structure of psychonauts

i just wish the character's walking speed was faster, it's also weird that you move by holding down the right mouse button

i got to the part where i am a comic book monster

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t think we’ve had a Zelda Game Rankings session this month yet, let’s do it

1) Dark Souls 2
2)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

i am playing sanitarium and i didn't think that i'd ever find another game that matches the structure of psychonauts

i just wish the character's walking speed was faster, it's also weird that you move by holding down the right mouse button

i got to the part where i am a comic book monster

Stick with it, that game has one of my favourite endings ever!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okami is still the best zelda game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Convex posted:

Stick with it, that game has one of my favourite endings ever!

The song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kerrzhe posted:

okami is still the best three zelda games