Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Apathy420 posted:

booger carpet

also, I’m a little late in saying this, but Mr Steak is exceptionally good at drawing food. The date meal reminded me of the old bachelor cooking in the first arc

Mr Steak doesn't draw the comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

There'll be someone inside the punching bag or something like that.

Oda's wife?

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET
If you checked the thread at just the wrong time, you might have missed this, edited back into the post on the previous page:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Never a wrong time to check the NEET thread!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

What's BOOF?

BOOF of these NEETS!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Grevling posted:

There'll be someone inside the punching bag or something like that.

Oda's wife?

Knowing Oda, it's just full of snot.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol just when you think Tohru has some edge...

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
will he buckle down and become inspired to become a boxing juggernaut, or was this too much and he'll never exercise in any amount again? Maybe he'll run into Mii again and she'll find his busted hand extremely suspicious. Find out next time on NEET

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

will he buckle down and become inspired to become a boxing juggernaut, or was this too much and he'll never exercise in any amount again? Maybe he'll run into Mii again and she'll find his busted hand extremely suspicious. Find out next time on NEET

I doubt he seriously injured his hand from punching a bag.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

I doubt he seriously injured his hand from punching a bag.

You can straight up break your hand on those things.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I box regularly and heavy bags are anywhere from 70 to 100 pounds and you can hurt your hand seriously if you aren't trained properly + not wearing proper equipment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That punch looked bad rear end though.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hajime no NEETo

Anyway, I'm actually impressed that he knows to not tuck your thumb in your hand when punching.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Little NEET vs. Glass Joe within three pages?

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Hahaha yeah, those boxing mangas.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Hey, this thing we're doing sounds like it's from a [this thing we're doing]-themed Manga!

Haha how crazy!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Has oda put out any manga after meeting neet or is he just pretty much procrastinating

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Grevling posted:

Hahaha yeah, those boxing mangas.

This is actually a popular thing, there's at least one really big long-running boxing manga in Japan.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

simplefish posted:

Hey, this thing we're doing sounds like it's from a [this thing we're doing]-themed Manga!

Haha how crazy!

Eating lunch? Haha, that sounds like that eating lunch manga. Crazy.

Do they get manga to read in prison?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
There are manga drawing classes in prison and there's a nonfiction manga about that: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-05-02/one-manga-author-is-teaching-his-craft-to-prisoners/.131103

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dirby posted:

There are manga drawing classes in prison and there's a nonfiction manga about that: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-05-02/one-manga-author-is-teaching-his-craft-to-prisoners/.131103

It's manga all the way down.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
The Daily Life of a Certain NEET: Kinda seems like a story about a really hopeless situation

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Android Blues posted:

This is actually a popular thing, there's at least one really big long-running boxing manga in Japan.

There is a manga for every taste I suppose! But does the NEET manga author have the NEET manga market cornered?

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I like Oda's twist.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hot Stunt posted:

I like Oda's twist.

I hope the bully uses his training to build discipline and self-esteem and goes on to turn his life around.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think this is the plot of the new Karate Kid show.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Grevling posted:

There is a manga for every taste I suppose! But does the NEET manga author have the NEET manga market cornered?

You would be surprised at how many manga star a hopeless neet, as for most manga that's the target demographic

NEET might have a pretty sizable share of the "neet main character that's intentionally pathetic and unlikeable" market though

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

ninjewtsu posted:

You would be surprised at how many manga star a hopeless neet, as for most manga that's the target demographic

NEET might have a pretty sizable share of the "neet main character that's intentionally pathetic and unlikeable" market though

I certainly strongly identify with it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is Goku a NEET?

I mean he trains, but certainly not for a job.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this comic's outta context panels would make great probation reasons like every page has at least one

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Isn’t there a Japanese thing where in fiction the ‘hero’ athletic team or competitor usually loses in the end? How is Oda being inventive?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Something something WWII.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Xenocides posted:

Isn’t there a Japanese thing where in fiction the ‘hero’ athletic team or competitor usually loses in the end? How is Oda being inventive?

They might lose halfway through so they can win as an underdog but I don't think losing in the END is that common

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
For the statistics nerds, this brings Mr. Steak's "lol" count in this thread up to 95.