Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AwkwardKnob posted:

I might be in the minority here, but I think they actually made the gear slightly less fun to tinker with by simplifying everything so much. Tier 1-6 skill build stuff is just kind of lackluster. Why do mods even exist now?

They went in a dozen different directions on this and it didn't pan out. I think their intent with the tier stuff was to have hybrid builds that would dip into X skill tiers or something, but at the moment the game is so lopsided that this is pointless. They also want skill tiers to matter (conflicting with the previous point) so the mods all suck and you need to get your boosts from tiers and gear. Healing mods are big, though, because they have adopted some weird rear end fascination with MMO premade groups and want tank/healer/dps roles. Hardwired should give an interesting alternate build, but the changes they made were either not tested or not considered important enough to fix before release.

You can still do the seeker/hive build (I am doing this right now) even if it's nowhere near what it was before. When you get oneshot or stuck kiting it's not like you're missing something. That's just the game now. If you want to see loot drop in less than an anemic trickle you have to do DZ. If you want to wait for the fun to come back it'll be back in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

OgNar posted:

Those extra 10,000 e-creds every 5 levels really make the difference.

i live for the 20 steel I get every 5 levels, actually

Mailer posted:

They went in a dozen different directions on this and it didn't pan out.

I don't agree. New gear system seems very straightforward in intent, but none of us except the crazy poopsockers have enough variety in their stash to really build out good synergy. That's gonna change soon enough for everyone playing, though. The intent of skill tiers, imo, is simple: invest into skills -> skills get better.

previously you had to farm for highly specific skill mods and hope your skillpower was raised just enough and there was no inherent value in 2600 vs 3000 skillpower except if it let you equip a mod. It was the tail wagging the dog; you built for skill mods and the number was just a gate check for all it seemed to do anything. Now mods are just for the finishing touch - they aren't the key. This is so much less awful than before, even if a retune of percentage is in order down the line.

And good riddance to dumb nonsense like crafting blue skill mods for my low-SP build to function.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 9, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tank / Heal / DPS splits make no sense to me in a gun game unless you start segregating classes of guns and skills. I don't really want them to do this either but it would arguably punish small group sizes less.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Mailer posted:

They went in a dozen different directions on this and it didn't pan out. I think their intent with the tier stuff was to have hybrid builds that would dip into X skill tiers or something, but at the moment the game is so lopsided that this is pointless. They also want skill tiers to matter (conflicting with the previous point) so the mods all suck and you need to get your boosts from tiers and gear. Healing mods are big, though, because they have adopted some weird rear end fascination with MMO premade groups and want tank/healer/dps roles. Hardwired should give an interesting alternate build, but the changes they made were either not tested or not considered important enough to fix before release.

You can still do the seeker/hive build (I am doing this right now) even if it's nowhere near what it was before. When you get oneshot or stuck kiting it's not like you're missing something. That's just the game now. If you want to see loot drop in less than an anemic trickle you have to do DZ. If you want to wait for the fun to come back it'll be back in a few months.

I dropped the seekers for an assault drone, which seemed to get a big buff and has like a 20 second cool down with very little haste. It tears through dudes and most yellows can't one-shot it. I found the seekers being nearly always dodged and, even if they weren't, couldn't take down a red. The hive's reduced range and new inability to get your charges back if you remotely cancel it really suck, but it still completely rips people apart.

But also, I'm pretty sure they actually didn't want skill tiers to enable hybrid builds because, like you said, they seem to be aiming for the MMO trinity. I'm fairly sure I read interviews where they outright stated their intention is to push people into more specialized builds. IMO this conflicts with their intention to have a bigger variety of builds, but most of design seems to be a series of trade-offs.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So how do I disable the quick mission text on the right side of the screen? It shows me a mission I don't care about right now. I probably turned it on when I played the base game but can't find any toggle in the jungle that are the menues. My google-fu doesn't seem to be able to solve this >_<

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Try the Projects menu, inside the map.
Cheers, man! I'll try that :)

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 10, 2020

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Imaginary Friend posted:

So how do I disable the quick mission text on the right side of the screen? It shows me a mission I don't care about right now. I probably turned it on when I played the base game but can't find any toggle in the jungle that are the menues. My google-fu doesn't seem to be able to solve this >_<

Try the Projects menu, inside the map.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
For those having issues with drones in the Story, i found they died very quickly to my pistol and the aim assist is way more generous than any other gun I tried. Hell, I ended using my pistol a bunch towards the end of the story for all of the agent gear like turrets, targets on final boss devices etc

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can I get to WTC in Warlords? You couldn't in the first game I don't think.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Haven’t you heard?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Pretty sure 1 WTC is never in games because of copyright stuff. The area around it is super accurate though, I navigated to a bunch of bars and restaurants I used to go to from memory.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

jabro posted:

Haven’t you heard?

Maybe they forgot :911:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Having gotten near the end of the story and level 40, I take back everything positive I said about Cleaners and their mile-long range flamethrowers that clip through terrain

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Digital Osmosis posted:

I dropped the seekers for an assault drone, which seemed to get a big buff and has like a 20 second cool down with very little haste. It tears through dudes and most yellows can't one-shot it. I found the seekers being nearly always dodged and, even if they weren't, couldn't take down a red. The hive's reduced range and new inability to get your charges back if you remotely cancel it really suck, but it still completely rips people apart.

My experience using a turret led me to believe if they can shoot it, they absolutely will and it'll die before doing anything useful. I haven't tried Heroic, but on Challenging at least the seekers will take out reds (who don't slightly move which immediately destroys the seeker AI) and with a few Skilled procs I can keep up enough pressure to move forward/back as needed. It only really falls apart on tanks, who require running backwards for two blocks throwing hives so they rush the hive and you can empty three clips into them. I tend to stick to Outcast/Hyena stuff to avoid that.

I'll try a drone replacing seekers but my gut feeling right now is kind of that seekers are the set point and the hive is too useful to replace so there's not much wiggle room. Being able to potentially pop four dudes for 2m+ on a single cooldown is really good, and if it misses entirely then at least I get a couple seconds to pick up my hive.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did matchmaking for the final battle with Keener and it's almost hilarious how much easier it is than trying to solo it. I mean it's obvious that 4 in a group is better than 1 but I guess I'm just matchmaking every run I do now because that was like a sightseeing tour if you know the fight already.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

poo poo keeps spawning almost endlessly on James Dragov Heroic, it's chaos and it's great :v: Even with a full pub team.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like I'm not the only one having issues matchmaking for random missions and random bounties. If you are too please bump this ubi thread, it's a new issue.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2198658-matchmaking

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

They fixing it during maintenance.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bleusilences posted:

They fixing it during maintenance.
all the maintenance notes say is it's fixing the new gear set blueprints not being granted as control point rewards.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2198639

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Roman posted:

I preferred the robodogs' death EMP to them running around everywhere at 500 miles an hour.

And I still insist that the player's "attacks leave you with 1 point of HP so you don't get one shotted and have some time to get to cover" is also applying to the NPCs. There's just way too many times where I get them to a sliver, sometimes very quickly, and suddenly that sliver will just not go away no matter what.
I wanna say this was happening all the time to me too. Everything would get down to 1HP then just somehow barely survive long enough to get into cover.

I'm waiting to see if they make any adjustments to enemy AI and make them a smidge less spongy- like that 1HP thing.

The AI is really a problem. I hated yellowbar warhounds more than anything in the game and they only made them worse because with the hyperaggresive enemy AI they literally just run right over the top of you- and that's before you get to the minigun hounds and the fact it seems really difficult to break their armor now. I had a looonnnng challenging invaded run on the former Hyena stronghold and I ended up dumping my seekers for a mostly unmodified shock trap because I could CC the clusterfucks of warhounds when they came out long enough for the team to spam them down. It also stopped regular enemies from just running straight up to our faces. It wasn't very fun.

I don't really have a "build" though other than just running 4-piece Hard Wired and 6 skill tier as a gunner. The minigun was always a suicide button but it may as well not even be in the game. I have unbreakable, and with the bonus armor from an armor kit + bonus armor from a full minigun I have been shredded 100% -> Unbreakable Proc -> Dead in quite literally 1 second by 2 enemies.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 10, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It has to be intentional at this point. Then they'll adjust it, then it'll get broken again and they'll adjust it again. Their releases follow the same pattern each time.

The overtuned AI, that is.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

matchmaking does not work for me just now

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't

Roman posted:

Looks like I'm not the only one having issues matchmaking for random missions and random bounties. If you are too please bump this ubi thread, it's a new issue.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2198658-matchmaking

Quick question on your issue. Is it the fact there's no way to open the party to others and join you vs. opting into a specific activity at its start?

I found there's no privacy features or anything else I could find to "open up" to others during a mission or bounty short of the call for backup feature. Sucks for activities like running in the open world and getting a heroic bounty I might want backup for.

I can opt in right at the start, but once a mission begins you're SOL.

Maybe it's because I have my voice and the DZ allchat off?

That said, I like the idea of the call for backup as the main way to find others since it's a fun and thematic way to matchmake, I just wish more than one other moron with a gun showed up.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What the, I killed Ridgeway and now the world is stalked by armed Boston Dynamics Big Dogs :ohdear:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

LackinPants! posted:

Quick question on your issue. Is it the fact there's no way to open the party to others and join you vs. opting into a specific activity at its start?
I did try open group in the social settings (never had to do that before) and it didn't work for a random mission. i did notice it was set back to friends/clan group when i canceled matchmaking.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
Bummer. I have the same issue and was hoping you might have another step I missed since when I click matchmake it always forces joining others.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I've been alternating between running hard & challenging missions both solo and with groups ( mostly for farming gearsets ), and occasionally answering back-up requests. I'm currently running Strikers with Bloodsucker backpack & Intimidate chest, Savage Wolverine and Sleipnir ( I pretty much copied the build from a youtube someone posted earlier ). The Strikers parts I've picked up from running the missions, the rest of my current build is crafted and one major thing I haven't seen touched upon is that you can now recalibrate crafted gear. I've noodled around with an Ongoing Directive coupled with Sadist build and while it works solo is woeful in a group, I still need to optimise the crap out of my Aces build ( I haven't seen the backpack and chest piece yet and assume they're still kinda raid exclusive ) because while it's fine solo it under performs in groups.

I'm facerolling hard missions solo but I'm really struggling with Challenging. TTK is manageable because the build is pretty broken ( When Sleipnir procs Perfect Frenzy, Tanks melt ) but I'm way too squishy and Intimidate & Savage require aggressive gameplay to proc their damage bonuses ( I mean I get it, it's a glass cannon build so it's supposed to be squishy, but I can't really see how else you're supposed to it - I had tried a Hardwired build and I really didn't like it, and aint no one got time for a full tank build - except for those guys on reddit who took 6 hours to do Legendary Capitol building ). Running as a part of a duo is way less stressful and I've quite happily managed CP4s with rogue agent invasions as part of a two man group, but 4 mans is back into annoying again.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 10, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got an idea for a tank build from Jesimein on Youtube. I threw one together and it worked REALLY well doing some very intense Challenging bounties with a random 4 man. The only time I died was because I didn't know about the Cleaner poison gas grenades and had no idea what was happening. But I was able to get right up in the face of yellow and purple robodogs, including the one that sprays the chaingun, and even tanked the giant flying drone. Never had to back off and use any armor kits and was even able to revive teammates a bunch of times while being fired at with no problems.

It's basically 3 Gila, 3 Golan Gear. Stack on Armor, Armor Regeneration, and some Incoming Repairs and +Repair Skills wherever you can. You should have abut 50K Armor Regen. Skills are Fixer drone and Bulwark shield. Chest talent is Perfect Vanguard, my backpack is Composure because that's the pieces I have right now but you can probably find better fitting talents. Preservation on my guns and sidearm for overkill. Even without the shield, the armor regen is really good when you want to use primaries and are taking some fire.

I also used Technician for the 1 skill trier but it might work well without it.

Seriously, it worked way better than I expected on 4 man Challenging bounties out in the open world set to Challenging along with random adds joining in. Give it a shot.

Roman fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Few things I've picked up from farming a lot of challenging tonight.

1) Get in a group. Clan, open matchmaking, whatever. It's incredibly important. Solo isn't in the right place right now but even 2-3 people can easily roll through challenging.

2) CC builds are real and they are strong. skill duration and foam launcher + blinder firefly pretty much means no enemy gets to do a drat thing, named included.

3) striker with a steady handed LMG (the Stoner is very well suited to this) is disturbingly powerful, especially combined with a CC buddy. You never reload, don't really take damage, and are constantly firing 100 stack bullets. Bring a Petrov and Grupo piece as your 5th/6th for LMG and CHC. And honestly with this setup missing isn't that important so you can drop the striker piece which reduces the penalty from 3 to 2, giving you 3pc striker + 3pc high ends. Lots of flexibility there.

4) tanks and healers aren't as important as cc/damage, imo, but they're not the wrong choice by any means. A good true patriot tank build is insane. Did a challenging zoo with a pubbie using that and he saved our run more than once.

5) that decoy saves runs. I have tier 1 skillpower and I have a heal drone and the decoy grenade and it's incredible. I can sustain a lot of fire with my drone healing me constantly and the decoy groups up enemies so they can get drowned in sticky foam.

Digital Osmosis posted:

I'm fairly sure I read interviews where they outright stated their intention is to push people into more specialized builds. IMO this conflicts with their intention to have a bigger variety of builds, but most of design seems to be a series of trade-offs.

before WONY division 2 had two builds: eagle bearer/some other AR crit dps, and hardwired skill dps builds. This is in contrast to Division 1 which had like half a dozen. Post WONY, Division 2 has at least a few high-end and two gearset setups and we're still discovering new combinations. So how does that specialization conflict with variety when it seems to be working?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I put together a Striker set and... am I doing it wrong? It seems like you can't actually build stacks. I tried the old shotgun trick from Division 1 and it seems they changed it to only build 1 stack/shell instead of each individual shot that hits. I used my Pestilence at the firing range, but it seemed like it wasn't actually building stacks even when I wasn't missing and just going for body shots. The only thing that seemed to actually fill it at all was a 1200 RPM vector but that was still slow as poo poo.

I used the hell out of Striker in D1 like everyone else but it seems incredibly neutered now. What am I missing about building stacks? I have the chest/backpack talent too for reference.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Season started just before downtime. It’s basically a mini-NYC campaign minus most of the story. Do some stuff in a zone (capture all COs, do a bounty, do a mission) and advance the “investigation.”

First season pass is free to get in the game store and I think it’s double experience once the servers are back up, regular and season. Don’t know about DZ.

I may have gotten lucky but the first season cache I opened gave me a System Corruption chest with max armor/max crit damage and a “Bakers Dozen” M1A Classic - Perfect Lucky Shot.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Usually you can go into a mission and start clearing solo and if you have your privacy set to open the game will dump people from matchmaking into your party. (you gotta click the group tab above your name to see the privacy thing now. - I think you used to click your name, might be missremembering) It hasn't been adding anyone for me.

Also the random mission matchmaking queue will search for what you ask for like 5s and then it will swap to searching for a group doing a specific mission on a random difficulty different to the one you specified and you will stay in this hell forever.

at least for me when NY came out I'd instantly find a challenging mission from the queue. Last couple days it hasn't been finding any.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This game sure does seem to know that I like LMGs, ARs and SmGs and insist on giving me a fuckton of every known iteration of Marksman Rifles and shotguns at every possible opportunity

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Few things I've picked up from farming a lot of challenging tonight.

1) Get in a group. Clan, open matchmaking, whatever. It's incredibly important. Solo isn't in the right place right now but even 2-3 people can easily roll through challenging.

2) CC builds are real and they are strong. skill duration and foam launcher + blinder firefly pretty much means no enemy gets to do a drat thing, named included.

3) striker with a steady handed LMG (the Stoner is very well suited to this) is disturbingly powerful, especially combined with a CC buddy. You never reload, don't really take damage, and are constantly firing 100 stack bullets. Bring a Petrov and Grupo piece as your 5th/6th for LMG and CHC. And honestly with this setup missing isn't that important so you can drop the striker piece which reduces the penalty from 3 to 2, giving you 3pc striker + 3pc high ends. Lots of flexibility there.

4) tanks and healers aren't as important as cc/damage, imo, but they're not the wrong choice by any means. A good true patriot tank build is insane. Did a challenging zoo with a pubbie using that and he saved our run more than once.

5) that decoy saves runs. I have tier 1 skillpower and I have a heal drone and the decoy grenade and it's incredible. I can sustain a lot of fire with my drone healing me constantly and the decoy groups up enemies so they can get drowned in sticky foam.

before WONY division 2 had two builds: eagle bearer/some other AR crit dps, and hardwired skill dps builds. This is in contrast to Division 1 which had like half a dozen. Post WONY, Division 2 has at least a few high-end and two gearset setups and we're still discovering new combinations. So how does that specialization conflict with variety when it seems to be working?

Grupo is CHD, do you mean Ceska? Ceska is CHC; I have that as my gloves piece until I have better Contractor's gloves. Also I miss having the Aces team buff build, but admittedly everything was easy enough that it only saw real use in the raid.

Also going to throw it in here, named pieces are really strong at the moment because they get bonuses attributes you otherwise can't get right. Contractor's gloves (Petrov) always come with 11% Damage to Armor; very useful currently when 90% of an enemy's health pool is armor. Fox's Prayer kneepads (Overlord) is 15% damage to targets out of cover, multiplicative to your gun damage and also useful with the current tanking behaviour enemies have. If you plan to play your team's tank I'd suggest looking into getting a Claw's Out holster (Wyvern), which has 20% pistol damage and 200% melee damage; only caveat is that it's a DZ only drop.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I'm running Shield + Revive Hive, 4 piece patriot, exotic armor (forgot its name) and a high end Petrov Defense item. Sleipnir and CHC/CHD where possible.

When in cover, I can face tank Black Tusk Minigunners on heroic for 6+ seconds AKA the time I need to dump 130 bullets into him. Face tanking robo dogs out in the open no problem either. Build is crazy in groups and even when solo it's amazing.

E: Gunner specialization, in case this wasn't obvious. :v:

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 10, 2020

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

With how fast you can go from full amor to brink of death I have really leaned into a shield with the chest talent that gives 5s shield immunity and 40% armor to team mates when you pull the shield out. The CD is short even without skill haste (just had 2 blue to up shield health) so you can pull the shield in and out to heal your team a lot too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hakarne posted:

I put together a Striker set and... am I doing it wrong? It seems like you can't actually build stacks. I tried the old shotgun trick from Division 1 and it seems they changed it to only build 1 stack/shell instead of each individual shot that hits. I used my Pestilence at the firing range, but it seemed like it wasn't actually building stacks even when I wasn't missing and just going for body shots. The only thing that seemed to actually fill it at all was a 1200 RPM vector but that was still slow as poo poo.

I used the hell out of Striker in D1 like everyone else but it seems incredibly neutered now. What am I missing about building stacks? I have the chest/backpack talent too for reference.

Striker is definitely busted. You can go to the shooting range and see it for yourself. Do the DPS test, set the enemy for elite or named elite. Your stack will only go up 5-10 percent even after dumping 100+ rounds without missing. Switch to an invulnerable enemy and THAT will make your stacks go up. I haven't confirmed it, but someone on Reddit said shooting a teammate will also get you stacks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't got the set but a couple random people I grouped with said you can get stacks from shooting dead bodies too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Roman posted:

Got an idea for a tank build from Jesimein on Youtube. I threw one together and it worked REALLY well doing some very intense Challenging bounties with a random 4 man. The only time I died was because I didn't know about the Cleaner poison gas grenades and had no idea what was happening. But I was able to get right up in the face of yellow and purple robodogs, including the one that sprays the chaingun, and even tanked the giant flying drone. Never had to back off and use any armor kits and was even able to revive teammates a bunch of times while being fired at with no problems.

It's basically 3 Gila, 3 Golan Gear. Stack on Armor, Armor Regeneration, and some Incoming Repairs and +Repair Skills wherever you can. You should have abut 50K Armor Regen. Skills are Fixer drone and Bulwark shield. Chest talent is Perfect Vanguard, my backpack is Composure because that's the pieces I have right now but you can probably find better fitting talents. Preservation on my guns and sidearm for overkill. Even without the shield, the armor regen is really good when you want to use primaries and are taking some fire.

I also used Technician for the 1 skill trier but it might work well without it.

Seriously, it worked way better than I expected on 4 man Challenging bounties out in the open world set to Challenging along with random adds joining in. Give it a shot.

So how does the armor regen attribute work? Is it always on? Like, lets say I roll 4k armor regen on a piece. Is that always regenerating? It doesn't require anything to proc it?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

progress on the manhunt got reset when I switch world difficulty. since I don't feel like doing loving roosevelt island 3 times think im gonna wait a day to progress in case its not isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Qmass posted:

progress on the manhunt got reset when I switch world difficulty. since I don't feel like doing loving roosevelt island 3 times think im gonna wait a day to progress in case its not isolated.

It says so in the menu, changing world difficulty resets Manhunts so you can get better rewards later on. It's intended.