Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

FCKGW posted:

Early on I think it was just virus-related panic buying but now you have people who need to make regular TP and bottle water runs who can't find it, so when they DO find some they buy a bunch because you can't be sure you'll find it again when you need it so it just snowballs from there.

It's this. Once word gets out that TP's hard to come by, folks start hoarding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It doesn't help that a lot of our TP is produced in China and if China is on lockdown and not shipping anything to us, we run out causing even more hoarding of available supply.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got back. Got my gas, dog, my TP, pants for the first time ever (from Costco), and a turkey croissant/caesar salad combo.

They had a ton of Kirkland brand TP. Nothing else. Same with paper towels. One half of the wall was bottled water. Some guy was listening in on my conversation with my old bandmate I saw there and he said when he came a few days ago it was all gone. I saw one person leaving the store with a stack of TP taller than themself.

Hell yeah no-seed crew! Mount up!

oh, also no samples and they were wiping down carts with disinfectant.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 9, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Stopped at church yesterday since my partner is undergoing surgery and will have a long recovery. He bought all of the Indian food and burrito bowls. I bought one (1) pack of tp (store had a limit of 2 per) and watched a heathen get banished to the land of wind and ghosts when he threw a loud tantrum at the registers about why he couldn't buy an entire flat loaded high with sweet sweet tp

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

watched a heathen get banished to the land of wind and ghosts when he threw a loud tantrum at the registers about why he couldn't buy an entire flat loaded high with sweet sweet tp

:frogout:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Went to pick up a bottle of whiskey for a gift today, overheard the staff saying that the toilet paper sold out within 15 minutes of opening.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

FogHelmut posted:

Went to pick up a bottle of whiskey for a gift today, overheard the staff saying that the toilet paper sold out within 15 minutes of opening.

in the land of the mud butts, the one-ply'd man is king

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Had to stop in for a prescription refill today, they had employees handing out 1 pack of tp, 1 pack of paper towels, and 2 cases of water. There were also a bunch of people doing circles around the baby aisle, with every 10 seconds one of the employees telling them that they were completely out of baby wipes.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't get the emergency regarding needing so much tp, does nobody have a removable shower head?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

pacerhimself posted:

I don't get the emergency regarding needing so much tp, does nobody have a removable shower head?

i think Costco sells those

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Been eyeballing this guy.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

just lol if you weren't always buying 6 months of toilet paper at once before all this

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Moey posted:

I don't have that particular one but I have another moen with the magnetic attachment and it rules.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wasn't able to find the Babybels but I picked up a same type of snack sized cheese that's 3 little mozzarella balls instead. I've seen them many times but never pulled the trigger. They're not good. The mozz is just fine but there's no salt so it doesn't taste like anything. I'm disappointed. And I have a gigantic bag of them. I'll probably just force them down. 5g of protein each I guess.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Took the plunge, ordered tires through Costco for the first time ever. I was always under the impression they were not very competitive on price, but the ones I was eyeing were $110 off a set of 4 and install was quite a bit cheaper than area tire shops. One downside is I need to wait 2 weeks for them to show up.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SirPablo posted:

Took the plunge, ordered tires through Costco for the first time ever. I was always under the impression they were not very competitive on price, but the ones I was eyeing were $110 off a set of 4 and install was quite a bit cheaper than area tire shops. One downside is I need to wait 2 weeks for them to show up.

You won't be disappointed. I've gotten two sets and am about to get my third. Although you have to wait, when they do come in you can make an appointment and plan around it. I was wondering today how long that special will go, since I got in on it last October.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moey posted:

Lol, just get the other one they have on sale for $30 every so often. I love mine.
..Also is the bidet y'all talk about that one that's currently about $30? Or something more expensive? The babybel talk earlier almost tempted me to get the white cheddar ones. But I didn't.
I did get so much water and tea though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wasn't able to find the Babybels but I picked up a same type of snack sized cheese that's 3 little mozzarella balls instead. I've seen them many times but never pulled the trigger. They're not good. The mozz is just fine but there's no salt so it doesn't taste like anything. I'm disappointed. And I have a gigantic bag of them. I'll probably just force them down. 5g of protein each I guess.

I don't like to eat them straight but I love those lil guys for making personal pizzas at home

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

Lol, just get the other one they have on sale for $30 every so often. I love mine.
..Also is the bidet y'all talk about that one that's currently about $30? Or something more expensive? The babybel talk earlier almost tempted me to get the white cheddar ones. But I didn't.
I did get so much water and tea though.

It's like a several hundred dollar one you can get online with a heated seat or something.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I don't like to eat them straight but I love those lil guys for making personal pizzas at home

That would make sense but I don't have anything I cook to use it for. I was considering returning it, never done it before, but it was like $7 so I'm not going to bother returning perfectly good food. If I return something I'm going to have a good reason for it.

poo poo. I forgot to get my reward today. I'm going to have to find another reason to go to Costco to get my $340.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Chinatown posted:

Grabbed a jar of the minced California garlic this weekend. Its great.

100% agree. I'm usually the first person to bang the drum of "fresh garlic or no garlic" and I'll still shout that from the rooftops for any "serious" cooking, but man it is so nice to have a limitless supply of minced garlic sitting around for immediate use. It's great for cooking some eggs or stir fried vegetables where I'd normally forego garlic because it takes longer to peel/mince or peel/clean the press.

I haven't bothered to look at the shelf life but hopefully it lasts a while and just loses some potency with age. I'm going through it at a decent pace but even so the jar is huge and I'm sure it'll take me a year+ to get through it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

StormDrain posted:

You won't be disappointed. I've gotten two sets and am about to get my third. Although you have to wait, when they do come in you can make an appointment and plan around it. I was wondering today how long that special will go, since I got in on it last October.

They do $110 off every month, just rotate the brands on promo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Spoondick posted:

just lol if you weren't always buying 6 months of toilet paper at once before all this

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i have a $30 bidet and it's quite luxurious

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

SirPablo posted:

It’s worth it for the road hazard coverage alone. Also Costco actually trains their tire techs and they generally aren’t retarded monkeys. They also carry Michelin and they go on sale frequently and they are probably the number one tire brand on earth.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Barry posted:

100% agree. I'm usually the first person to bang the drum of "fresh garlic or no garlic" and I'll still shout that from the rooftops for any "serious" cooking, but man it is so nice to have a limitless supply of minced garlic sitting around for immediate use. It's great for cooking some eggs or stir fried vegetables where I'd normally forego garlic because it takes longer to peel/mince or peel/clean the press.

The convenience is nice, but I just don't trust it to be sanitary.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The convenience is nice, but I just don't trust it to be sanitary.

I think whatever they pack it in (vinegar?) does an acceptable job of fending off the botulism (while at the same time leeching out the flavor). I also try and be careful about not putting anything in the jar that isn't clean but I've only had my jar for a few months so who knows how well that will or won't work long term. Even if it goes to poo poo, it was all of $6 so whatever.

If I wasn't lazy I'd buy a bunch of garlic and mince/freeze in single portions. But I'm lazy.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Sometimes it's hard to separate garlic chat and bidet chat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I picked up some pants yesterday and tried them on last night. I heard that Costco sizes are all over the place. These seemed to be ok when I held them up to me and are actually fine wearing them.

They're Tommy Hilfiger and were just $20. They have a slim fit which normally doesn't work on me but they're stretchy and I think they'll work out nice when the warmer weather hits here. I should consider going there today and picking some more up and then I can get my reward.

I just need to find out more stuff I can buy because I don't want to go there for one thing.

edit: son of a bitch the mailer savings doesn't start until tomorrow. I want to go today though.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 10, 2020

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I picked up some pants yesterday and tried them on last night. I heard that Costco sizes are all over the place. These seemed to be ok when I held them up to me and are actually fine wearing them.

They're Tommy Hilfiger and were just $20. They have a slim fit which normally doesn't work on me but they're stretchy and I think they'll work out nice when the warmer weather hits here. I should consider going there today and picking some more up and then I can get my reward.

I just need to find out more stuff I can buy because I don't want to go there for one thing.

This is how it goes. From, I wonder if these are any good to I need more. The next stage is those are nice I should get some... Wait I already have enough pants for a while.

I talk myself out of pants, underwear, socks and shirts in a rotation.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

edit: son of a bitch the mailer savings doesn't start until tomorrow. I want to go today though.

If you buy something that goes on sale in the mailer before it begins, you can bring the receipt in to the returns counter after the sale starts and get the missed savings refunded to you. Has to have been in the last month before the sale begins though.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Renegret posted:

Which one?

The Rego Park Costco is an embarrassment to the Costco name. They do their best with what they have, but it's a terrible store.

Yeah, it’s the Rego Park one. I like it less than the ones I’ve been to out on LI, but they all pale to the glorious Costco I’ve been to near Seattle when a bunch of friends and I would go to a cabin for a long weekend of nerd partying.

You can get a whole lamb there though :confuoot:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

You're a brave man. I only tried one pair of jeans and the fit was so off I haven't bothered since. Now I just do jackets (since it's the only thing you can try on)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The urban star jeans are legit friend.

They are like 13 bucks and I’ve actually gotten compliments on them from people.

They are stretchy and comfortable.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MarcusSA posted:

The urban star jeans

This sounds like a fake brand name for a cosmetic you'd find in a game.

Like, I wouldn't even blink if I opened a crate in The Division or PUBG and saw "urban star brand jeans"

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

AF posted:

(since it's the only thing you can try on)

Pussy.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I don't wanna be constantly returning poo poo, man! PBUC for their awesome return policy, but it's still a hassle

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Like, I wouldn't even blink if I opened a crate in The Division or PUBG and saw "urban star brand jeans"

I know but they are really good! poo poo name but comfortable as hell and they look nice!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

The urban star jeans are legit friend.

They are like 13 bucks and I’ve actually gotten compliments on them from people.

They are stretchy and comfortable.

Urban Star Men's Jeans are $3 off starting tomorrow.

AF posted:

I don't wanna be constantly returning poo poo, man! PBUC for their awesome return policy, but it's still a hassle

Yeah I hate returning poo poo. Never done it with Costco before. I don't know why I picked them out. I guess I just wanted to roll the Costco clothes dice and see if it hit. I haven't worn them all day yet though but they fit so far. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I don't remember the last time I bought brand name jeans. Besides the Tommy Hilfiger ones I got yesterday but I didn't even notice that until I was checking out. I'm still wearing jeans from 10-15 years ago and I don't even know what they are.

edit: I guess besides the Magpul pants on sale I was recommended in TFR a few months ago but only you and I and maybe a few others in here know what that is.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I usually just buy a couple pairs of Levis whenever Costco gets them in. I think the Kirkland jeans are garbage so I don't buy those anymore. I can use another pair now though, I suppose I could give the Urban Star jeans a chance if they're as good as you guys say they are.