Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Infinitum posted:

100 gangtags queued :slick:

I was ready for a miracle and you delivered. :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enjoy the Animal Crossing :)

Bles you bird.

Infinitum posted:

loving yiiiiiiikes another mega-av

I'm removing this per your request

:getin: I replied to bird first, so thank you as well. The other two tags are important and sentimental already, respectively. So yeah this wors.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 10, 2020

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Am i a Raccoon Goon yet?

edit: YES!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Yeaaaaaaaah my first gang tag

Thanks!

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Just cancelled my argos pre-order in favour of digital out of fear that Coronavirus would disrupt delivery. Time to pre-load!

Edit: Still not yet a raccoon goon :(

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I would like to be a raccoon goon!

And for this game to come out already. Ready to terraform the island and become a god.

A raccoon goon god.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss! Thank you so much BIRD and Infinitum!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Thanks to LITERALLY A BIRD and Infinitum for the gang tag.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not a Children posted:

If you told me I'd be as excited for this game at 30 as I was at 12 back in September of 2002, I'd have called you crazy

But I am

It's such an easy wide appeal game. I think if anything, its a better game for older adults. I don't have the attention span I use to, Animal Crossings 30 minutes to 1 hour a day gameplay is perfect because of this.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I will need to keep at least enough poop hats on hand for all the villagers at all times in case they ask for a what to wear recommendation.

edit: thanks for staying up all night to hand out gang tags

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The 20th is the first day of a week off work for me, so I'm extremely excited to live the millennial dream and take a virtual island vacation while being holed up in my apartment because real vacations aren't affordable :yeah:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Honestly can't decide over pre-load digital or a physical copy. I get physical copies of games I really like, but digitally means I can play sooner.

... except starting the game at midnight Thursday night seems antithetical to the vibes of the game. Starting out with Nook on the island at midnight? That doesn't make much sense.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Getting myself a digital copy (bought a new SD card and everything) so I can play with all my buddies after work. The 20th is gonna be the longest old day ever!

Gang tag is great, thanks so much!

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Thank you both LITERALLY A BIRD and Infinitum!

I'm going with a digital copy since I will never not want to have the game on my Switch.

For New Leaf I had 2 physical and 1 digital copy because I kept wanting new towns but couldn't face getting rid of my old ones. Not sure what I'll do if that happens this time around!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

somnambulist posted:

I preloaded the game last night :parrot:

Now to wait 10 days, I don’t really understand why companies let you download the actual game but then make you wait but here we are.

It reduces strain on their servers by having people download their game in different dates instead of having everyone download at once on release day. Imagine having all the people that want AC at the same time downloading the game, it'd crash Nintendo's (poor) servers and leave all of us with nothing.

EDIT: Hell yeah Raccoon Goon.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Thank you for my first gang tag after 12 years of being a goon! :woop:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's almost as good as the LF one I had years ago! :yoshi:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m going with a physical copy because I only got the switch for this game anyways. All the other stuff I’ll be playing will be on the computer or a different console.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The digital buyers have convincing arguments but I'm still going physical because that's how I do.

Also I haven't touched my switch in months, I don't think it'll be leaving the slot for a while.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't believe in just ten days I can run around in a turd hat saying hi to animal friends

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Feels good to be a Raccoon Goon even though I'll probably need to spend :10bux: to fix my av alignment

Classic Nook tbh

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Infinitum posted:

This was done. Trying to keep things inline with users current av aesthetic.

Since you mentioned culling parts of people's long rear end avs to make them less annoying: You can get rid of the :tif: , :birddrugs: , and :abrathink: smilies in mine if you feel like it to make space for the Racgoons gang tag. I'd prefer to keep the Bone Tax and Rat Crew tags and everything center aligned if possible.

Thanks for doing this! And thanks to LITERALLY A BIRD for uploading it!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zodack posted:

Honestly can't decide over pre-load digital or a physical copy. I get physical copies of games I really like, but digitally means I can play sooner.

... except starting the game at midnight Thursday night seems antithetical to the vibes of the game. Starting out with Nook on the island at midnight? That doesn't make much sense.

I think I might have to boot this up for Thursday midnight.

Edit: Gangtag acquired! Did my av get borked?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I was thinking of naming my town Humdrum since AC is always chill and I never do anything fancy beyond just letting my town do what it does. Also, praise be to the Raccoon Goon squad and Infinitum for coming in clutch.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zodack posted:

I originally ordered physical since I was buying Pokemon Shield at the time, then later realized that I wouldn't want to switch carts around all the time so I got digital as well.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lookit all these beautiful tags. Welcome to the gang!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder if i was too late to get a gang tag, although I can always buy it myself if I dont get one. :yoshi:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

They should introduce villagers of all the hosed up creatures of the deep sea subway in Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to catch some fish in my upcoming island getaway.

Edit: Me scrolling through peoples names to see if I got skipped for a gang tag or Infinitum hasn't gotten to the P's yet

Popete fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 10, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zutaten posted:

Oh no, do I choose the poop hat, or the golden poop hat?!

*sweats for the next week and a half about whether pink, gold, or basic brown will win out* :sweatdrop:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the tag!!!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What, no rainbow poop?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm so happy to join a gang!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Is it too late to get in on the taggening?

your captain speaking
May 28, 2005
windmill, windmill for the land

If it isn't too late to get a gang tag I would like to get in on the raccoonery!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Can I get in on that gang tag action please?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Just want to say, thank you to LITERALLY A BIRD and Infinitum for the soon-to-be Raccoon Goon tag! My first ever gang tag, today is a good day.

My God I've been a member of this hellhole for 13 years already. Time well spent. :shobon:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They should introduce villagers of all the hosed up creatures of the deep sea subway in Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion.

Inkling and Octoling villager when.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I always go physical if possible but I think I might bend my rule here and spend my gold points and credit on digital. I never resold New Leaf so I doubt I'll get rid of this either.

Also, I'd love a gang tag if that's still happening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
I couldn't imagine going physical on a game that is going to be played at least four times a day between two people. Plus backlog games and a third play of note.