Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

What the heck! The retail big collector's edition has a Steam copy?!
I might actually have to get it. After all I was nicknamed Red Alert by much older guys at the youth center when I was like 8 and went there to play RA nearly every evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

explosivo posted:

I know I don't need a $150 physical collector's edition of a $20 game however I would very much like a tiny obelisk of light to sit on my desk at work :ohdear:

I really, really hope it has a directional motion sensor so it can ominously hum at people.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1237393932188704769

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bloodborne pc when

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I've been calling it BloodBORE!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

bloodborne pc when

its coming, kos has heard my prayers

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't wait to pay $60 to play this game again!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

I've been calling it BloodBORE!

quiet you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Dudsnorin'

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

blocked. blocked. none of you are free of sin

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I've been playing Mafia 3 (now that I can finally run it) and here are my findings so far:
What a badly optimized port, there is no need for this to tax my PC that much for those (very decent but not top of the line) graphics. Looking up some tweaks and a reshader helped a lot though, and made it look p good.
The gun feedback on enemies is very good. It's kinda repetitive but I get called the N word a lot so those fuckers are just inviting me to kill them. :getin: I like the city and the story.
Doubt ill make it a hard recommendation but at least it's solid so far.

Any tips or obvious things that are hidden in the suboptimal UI I should know about?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

How come I never got giant Aloy mode.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

she's just doing the singing cowboy mountains meme

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Spider-Man and God of War next please

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

Spider-Man and God of War next please
Only if they add a FPS limiter to the map/menu screen of GoW. That makes my PS4 fan spin up like a jet engine :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

How come I never got giant Aloy mode.

Looks like someone missed the True Gundam Ending.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is out tomorrow! Too many goddamn games this month :shepspends:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

I understand the reasoning behind remastering the original C&C first and I’m sure there are some people somewhere that could genuinely enjoy playing it today but I can’t help but think it’s like a smaller version of Square Enix going “We heard you want a Final Fantasy 7 remake but first we need to do 1-6 first.”

I have been and always shall be a TibSun preferer.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is out tomorrow! Too many goddamn games this month :shepspends:

Super excited about this too! Gonna replay the original game first though!

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Sininu posted:

Don't listen to them. While these two threads have some overlap they mostly have different people visiting them.

You do know the PGS subforum is behind a paywall, and the Games forum itself is open to the public, albeit with interstitial ads everywhere, right?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

But Not Tonight posted:

You do know the PGS subforum is behind a paywall, and the Games forum itself is open to the public, albeit with interstitial ads everywhere, right?

Yes, which is why people should do like Strix said and PM the codes to people.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Ive seen keys go unclaimed in this thread for 30 mins or more. Everything posted in the giveaway thread is gone within seconds. If there ARE bots scraping for keys its not happening in this thread

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

I have been and always shall be a TibSun preferer.

Why was that one kind of seen as a letdown, anyway? It reviewed well but it didn’t quite have the reputation the first games did.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
By the time Tiberian Sun rolled around there'd been a serious oversaturation of those kinds of games much in part thanks to the popularity of the first ones and TS was just a competent one of those, as I remember it. C&C clones were Doom/Call of Duty clones of their day.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kanfy posted:

By the time Tiberian Sun rolled around there'd been a serious oversaturation of those kinds of games much in part thanks to the popularity of the first ones and TS was just a competent one of those, as I remember it. C&C clones were Doom/Call of Duty clones of their day.

I feel like “competent” isn’t really giving TS enough credit, it was a pretty huge improvement on the original. The unit design and map features were hella fun (I loved setting off a chain reaction in a blue Tiberium field), but I can see how a lot of it would blend into the background of the RTS glut. I avoided most of that for a while so it still stood out to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I mean there's always been kind of a very quiet, ultimately pointless RA/Tiberian division of liking one or the other but the reality is that TibSun and RA2 are both incredibly good games and you should play them both anyway. :v:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

bloodborne pc when

gently caress it was so annoying play BB on my ultrawide monitor cause ps4 doesn't scale to that resolution. Instant buy if it comes out. Currently playing Horizon on PS4 pro and that thing will make your console fan go crazy.

Btw lets HOPE this releases on Steam and is not epic exclusive.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Where's my C&C sole survivor remaster??

Orv
May 4, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Where's my C&C sole survivor remaster??

Banging hands on table REN E GADE REN E GADE REN E GADE

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Orv posted:

There still hasn’t been anything that quite does what Renegade’s multiplayer did.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nvm Horizon Zer0 Dawn is not egs exclusive. There is a steam page. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

No specs or price yet but it is the version with the DLC which is really loving good.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Orv posted:

You still have Renegade X for the multiplayer side of things, it usually has a handful of servers with players every day.

I'd love it if they remastered the sp though.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I feel like “competent” isn’t really giving TS enough credit, it was a pretty huge improvement on the original. The unit design and map features were hella fun (I loved setting off a chain reaction in a blue Tiberium field), but I can see how a lot of it would blend into the background of the RTS glut. I avoided most of that for a while so it still stood out to me.

Right but other games had also made improvements to the original by then and Tiberian Sun just could not match the expectations set for The Command & Conquer, the series that would once more come and show all those wannabes How It's Done, with just another solid but ultimately pretty risk-free entry.

I feel like it's much as if Half-Life 3 came out now and was just another good Half-Life title, y'know. It could be an improvement over the previous games but at the same time it could not possibly meet the expectations and make the same kind of impact as its predecessors did without truly adding something fresh and original to the formula in a highly successful way.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 10, 2020

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Ulio posted:

Nvm Horizon Zer0 Dawn is not egs exclusive. There is a steam page. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition/

No specs or price yet but it is the version with the DLC which is really loving good.

Metro Exodus got its steam page too before going EGS exclusive tbqh. Don't really see Sony that hungry for that Tencent money tho.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Are there any rts' out there that play like Tiberian Sun? Relatively slow-paced combat, giant stompy robots, world-is-hosed apocalyptic setting and so on? It had a pretty unique vibe.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I've been hurt before. I don't know.

At this point I'd like to point out that a Free standalone mod called Dawn of a Tiberian Age is classic and red alert on the Tiberian sun engine (storywise a transitional gap between RA and TD) has been out for a long while now, with choice of classic or voiced Frank klepacki tracks.

Comes with a Skirmish mode, and naval units for TD units to compensate!

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

I've been hurt before. I don't know.

At this point I'd like to point out that a Free standalone mod called Dawn of a Tiberian Age is classic and red alert on the Tiberian sun engine (storywise a transitional gap between RA and TD) has been out for a long while now, with choice of classic or voiced Frank klepacki tracks.

Comes with a Skirmish mode, and naval units for TD units to compensate!

Oh hey, this is cool. There's also OpenRA, which adds a lot of QoL improvements to Tiberian Dawn and Red alert. I wonder how the two stack up.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh man, I just read that the guys behind it are petroglyph studios which if I remember right are made up from the remnants of guys from the dissolved Westwood studios.

On the one hand, yeah that's the right move, on the other hand, that poo poo has to sting a little.

I grew up playing c&c so I'm a little biased seeing just how badly EA handled and neglected this IP for a decade.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 10, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There still hasn’t been anything that quite does what Renegade’s multiplayer did.

Some people at Petroglyph are working on this, which appears to be a sucessor to Renegade's multiplayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HtV9ZtdKVM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

ErrEff posted:

Some people at Petroglyph are working on this, which appears to be a sucessor to Renegade's multiplayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HtV9ZtdKVM

It is exactly Renegade MP with the numbers filed off and it's gonna be soooooooooo DOA. :smith: