Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Paul Scheer for Lobot sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Chairman Capone posted:

This is funny considering Lapkus auditioned to play Rose in The Last Jedi. She talked about it in her I Was There Too episode.

I thought the consensus was that that was Blasucci, not Lapkus.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I thought the consensus was that that was Blasucci, not Lapkus.

I'm not talking about Starship One, who I think started with the Lapkus episode. On Lapkus' actual episode she specifically talks about auditioning for Episode 8 after her appearance on Jurassic World.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol kristian bruun is the worst, hes always stepping on jokes and his improv was terrible

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rusell Karate was a great character. For some reason, the bit about the atheist M&Ms really made me laugh.

I also like the shorter version of the theme song but at the same time it's a shame to lose Roj's Gangsta's Paradise riff.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I think Bruun is pretty bad but I like it when he's on because he's so good natured and Scott just gives him a relentless amount of poo poo about his little projects.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seaniqua posted:

I think Bruun is pretty bad but I like it when he's on because he's so good natured and Scott just gives him a relentless amount of poo poo about his little projects.

I'll always laugh at Scott's dismissive "This is for kids? This is for dumbshits and kids." when he was talking about whatever Canadian procedural he did.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

He’s fine just not when he’s doing improv as a character, it was awful

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Yeah I don't know why that episode with him and Muslaney was in the best ofs, they and the other guest were all awful and even PFT couldn't save it.

The plug bag theme with Gangster's Paradise better win, it's the only way it's tolerable to listen to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wish he'd just retire that bit, but I guess it's easy enough to hit next episode by the time it comes up.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

It's too bad they had George Washington Carver on just a bit too early to comment on Mr. Peanut's death.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember people saying they were waiting for the PFT/Scott cut of the Best Ofs it's been posted now -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/etkmhu/cbb_best_of_2019_scotty_and_pft_only_cut_by_me/

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Loved that we got Lloyd Andrew Lord Webber's input on the Cats movie. Also, Tawny Newsome brought some insane energy. At first I thought that Jim's mannerisms were a bit too much like Todd but then it went in a pretty different tangent.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

drat, that sounds a great episode. Love Tawny, so always happy to see her on things.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Yeah, Tawny was awesome.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I love Tawny, and I've been hoping for a return of her Rum Tum Tugger after seeing CATS.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

G-D Moshe has some Robin Willaims style hairy hands

While looking for the picture I saw Scott was on Off Book again
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/scott-aukerman-in-in-the-name-of-love-the-musical-logan-actually/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 29, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Scott plays Bono in it. U Talkin’ U2 To Me? has come full circle.

They also mention Memphis Kansas Breeze when they get a bit too close to singing a song about loving trucks.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I love that Scott is such a musical nerd that he's like perfect on Off Book.

Jon Gabrus' early episode on there was strangely great too. Actually, Gabrus has really grown on me. He's a little tiring on CBB at times, but he is perfect when filling the Manzuk's role of co-hosting the show against the guests. It's perfect on Action Boyz though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Off Book is excellent this week.

Full disclosure: I’m maybe 12 minutes in but laughing like a dumbass while doing dishes.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The Jason Manzuc's Remix of Closing the Plug Bag Theme is 100%

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The rest of the episode could have been utter dogshit (which it wasn't) and I'd still give it a perfect A+ C+ just for Zouk's reaction to the plugs theme(s).

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have no idea if that is a real Cincinnati accent or not and I'm afraid to look it up and be disillusioned.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Chairman Capone posted:

I have no idea if that is a real Cincinnati accent or not and I'm afraid to look it up and be disillusioned.
As a native Cincinnatian, I can confirm that we all sound suspiciously similar to an upper crust Randy Snutz

Edit: and we love to get wet

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 8, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wasn't massively sold on the Olympic Dreams trailer when I saw it, but Nick sold me a bit more on it by talking about it. I hope it's good. Fun episode, I hope everyone got laid.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I hadn't heard of it before Nick talked about it. I went and watched the trailer and was not convinced. It just looks like the same drippy, this-is-deep-because-the-character-is-sad kinda drama that comedians usually make.

But I also hope everyone gets laid.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Deep cut question, but who else am I gonna ask?

Does anyone remember which woman songwriter was on CBB and Scott asked why their song wasn't nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and they said that a technicality that it lost out on a chance to be nominated? They then go a little bit into the weird rules for qualify for Best Original Song?

It's not an especially funny bit, but it was interesting, and I'm trying to remember who it was or what episode, but I can't remember. This would have been at least 2 or 3 years ago? Maybe older?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Deep cut question, but who else am I gonna ask?

Does anyone remember which woman songwriter was on CBB and Scott asked why their song wasn't nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and they said that a technicality that it lost out on a chance to be nominated? They then go a little bit into the weird rules for qualify for Best Original Song?

It's not an especially funny bit, but it was interesting, and I'm trying to remember who it was or what episode, but I can't remember. This would have been at least 2 or 3 years ago? Maybe older?

If it helps the CBB Wiki page has a column of songs that were played on the episode. If she played a song at all the might narrow down the search. Though in a quick look no one seemed like an obvious choice. But it lis laid out clearly enough that if you scroll through you might find who you're looking for.

E: I meant this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Comedy_Bang!_Bang!_episodes

E2: VVV Probably Aimee Mann

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 10, 2020

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Aimee Mann, maybe? She's been on America's Podcast a lot.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ashpanash posted:

Aimee Mann, maybe? She's been on America's Podcast a lot.

It absolutely was Aimee Mann! Great work, friends

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I hope this plug bag remix lasts all year

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Weird that they had Claudia O’Doherty on again but didn’t credit her????

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

Weird that they had Claudia O’Doherty on again but didn’t credit her????
until I read this post I thought it was Claudia doing an exaggerated Australian accent as a joke

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Haven't listened but looking at the description Sherry Barrels is a Mary Holland tier character name.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

kdrudy posted:

Haven't listened but looking at the description Sherry Barrels is a Mary Holland tier character name.
There are just jokes about her name at the beginning and end. Can’t wait for her Halloween orchard episode to come around: Sherry Barrels’ Cherry Peril

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gino coming in hot this morning.

Edit: Everyone coming in hot

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 9, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

All round fantastic episode, kinda want to listen to it again already. Dan Lippert needs to be in more things for sure, he always kills on CBB.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

he killed it as bill walton, what a great new character

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I listened to it first time half asleep and dreamt James Adomian was back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
maybe i wasn't listening very closely, but the whole time i thought darcy carden and the other guy was mary holland and thomas middleditch.