Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

work from home protip: baked pasta makes way better leftovers since there’s less moisture so it takes longer for it to get mushy. I do 25 minutes at 350

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/1237239845245685760

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qirex posted:

work from home protip: baked pasta makes way better leftovers since there’s less moisture so it takes longer for it to get mushy. I do 25 minutes at 350

thanks for this tip

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ShadowHawk posted:

"Voluntary WFH" and I was gonna still go into office today

Got paged out of bed at 11am and took until 9pm to resolve it

Will attempt to not WFH tomorrow

work faster tomorrow

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

remote setup is still super annoying for certain things, specifically when you're in embedded and working on devices that cannot be simultaneously connected to in the various ways you need to connect to them

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

work faster tomorrow
Maybe I would have if I wasn't working from home huh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sometimes I work from home. Had to sell pretty much all of the cattle due to the current drought. Means I have some more office time though which is good because they have a shower there that isn't reliant on rain water.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bosses need to be reimbursing employees for any home resources used during a wfh period, same as if it was a work phone or vehicle miles

lol :negative:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

PCjr sidecar posted:

dearest martha,

haha

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sometimes I work from home. Had to sell pretty much all of the cattle due to the current drought. Means I have some more office time though which is good because they have a shower there that isn't reliant on rain water.

rip DMC/herd

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DuckConference posted:

remote setup is still super annoying for certain things, specifically when you're in embedded and working on devices that cannot be simultaneously connected to in the various ways you need to connect to them

sucks. I went to work last night for my aforementioned printing but also picked up a nuc and a bunch of cables to try to convert into a debugging server

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

we are completely hosed in the US

i also find it hard to believe that china's cases have completely flatlined. what's going on over there?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i also find it hard to believe that china's cases have completely flatlined. what's going on over there?
they put millions into total lockdown, the cases have flatlined to the point that infections are people travelling back into the country

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

🍺🦠

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Don't worry there will be help from the government for those who need it most: oil companies

burning swine
May 26, 2004

welp boss just gave permission for everyone to wfh. Guess I'm starting tomorrow

I was already the only one left still coming in, lol. Could have had the whole office to myself except for the fact that i would still have to use the same bathrooms as the rest of the building

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I suggested to my elder boomer parents, who both still work preventing the melins from two good paying jobs - one in education, the other in medicine - that they might want to wind it down a bit and sort of isolate themselves from the riff-raff for a bit because you know, they are the viruses target group.

“nah, we never get sick”

O K B O O M E R :xd:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

also my job instead of wfh just allocated 14 days more sick leave to us and then set it as “planned leave”.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I suggested to my elder boomer parents, who both still work preventing the melins from two good paying jobs - one in education, the other in medicine - that they might want to wind it down a bit and sort of isolate themselves from the riff-raff for a bit because you know, they are the viruses target group.

“nah, we never get sick”

I RAN IT UNDER A COLD TAP

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m working from home today because I got poo poo to do on the notafarm trying to dig up water from what’s left in the spring and my kid is sick and home from school probably with Covid who knows :shrug:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
how will u feed ur farm animals if the spring runs dry??

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’ve sold 90% of our livestock and if the southeaster doesn’t provide at least 100-150mm of rain over a few days next week then I will probably get rid of all but a couple.

winter feed is pretty much gone.

water is at a critical low level.

we have about 5k litres for the house left, probably 3k of that is actually safe to drink.

ground is drier than it has ever been since records began.

shits getting real. we need these animals to eat once we get quarantined for several months because of the beer virus

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
holy poo poo, moo cow.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

“nah, we never get sick”

KO Boomer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm about to go home from work for the last time for at least a month

the last time I had to wfh for an extended period it was because of a terrible natural disaster, so this is actually somewhat less disruptive

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
indefinite wfh starting tomorrow. thank christ my current company has a reasonable wfh setup and not some busted remote desktop poo poo like my last job

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

we went from "optional" to "recommended", but management has clarified that this means don't come except for a few minutes to get something or connect something

which is too bad, because I'm getting annoyed with wfh already and was going to just work in an deserted office

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

things are still on a kinda semi-lockdown in most of the country and hubei is still totally quarantined. i dont know if thats actually stopping it or if they arent really testing new people unless they need urgent care or what though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm about to go home from work for the last time for at least a month

the last time I had to wfh for an extended period it was because of a terrible natural disaster, so this is actually somewhat less disruptive

this is also a natural disaster, op. the idea floating around that its an escaped engineered bioweapon is probably not true.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah this is just a run-of-the-mill bat cold that mutated enough to infect pangolins and then jumped to humans when people ground up the pangolins and snorted them.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
this was day 4 of wfh and i am kinda tired of not getting out and walking to/from work at least

still showering and wearing real clothes at least

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

today all the classes were cancelled but faculty and staff were still expected to be in to learn how to transition their courses online. this news was taken, uh, not especially well.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
perhaps they should give you an online course to learn that stuff instead

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Base Emitter posted:

this was day 4 of wfh and i am kinda tired of not getting out and walking to/from work at least

Wow we are having totally opposite experiences.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Base Emitter posted:

i went to a public field and track park that was almost deserted with midday walkers every 50+ yards, which was good i guess

feel kinda uncertain what to do with my lunch at home. might setup the exercise bike and peddle in place to burn energy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson posted:

this is also a natural disaster, op. the idea floating around that its an escaped engineered bioweapon is probably not true.

my brain is fried so sorry if I'm missing the joke here: "natural disaster" generally refers to weather and motions of the earth, not viruses and bacteria and prions and poo poo like that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

my brain is fried so sorry if I'm missing the joke here: "natural disaster" generally refers to weather and motions of the earth, not viruses and bacteria and prions and poo poo like that

yeah im just shitposting mate. no jokes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
we got an all-hands email today saying that if we wfh we should always use video conferencing and always dress as if we were going to the office even for internal calls