Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I am finally trying out tech builds with this new expansion and the bombing drone is pretty fun but I don't understand exactly how to use it I guess. It almost never does a full bombing run and just explodes 50% of the time. Am I doing something wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So Hard Wired set seems OK, not nearly as good as it used to be. But I got a super lucky grab and have zero F’s chest and an Energized backpack. At full level 6 skill tier, every time I use an armor pack I go into overcharge. Zero F’s works well because if you’re in a firefight large enough to chew through your first layer of armor you’ll use an armor kit to proc energized, get overcharge for 15s. Overcharge at skill tier 6 with drone and cluster mines just absolutely slays everything in sight.

I don’t know what changed but the drone is a monster now! I have been distracted and before I knew it it had killed named bosses. It’s roger sound effects are dope as hell too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I believe the HW chest and backpack talents are also bugged.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Level 40 raid, if you're wondering what it looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANg8KSj04jQ

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

it's everyone's greatest fear

A PARKING LOT

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

I believe the HW chest and backpack talents are also bugged.
seen on ubi forums:

quote:

Hard wire testing: Lots are reporting skills not going off instant cool down. After some testing with that with multiple people, only the skill on the right is getting the instant cool down. If you swap a cool down skill to the right slot or E(default key) it will cool down instantly when Hard Wire buff procs, but wont work with it on Q(Default key). Further testing shows this seems to be with chem launcher and something like Decoy. It seems to prioritize chem launcher in that slot, which is good? but def. worth to make note. Other charge based items don't seem to do this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

All in all, doesn’t seem too different. Obviously still need to be geared up like the level 30 version but not to the levels most of these guys are.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

UnknownMercenary posted:

That guy's build seems fun.

"Infinite Bullet Hose" seems like a cool way to play.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Roman posted:

seen on ubi forums:

I keep my seekers in the left slot and sniper turret in the right slot and both work with the instant cooldown. Skills with charges don't seem to work properly with it from my testing because you'll only get the next charge refreshed instantly instead of all charges.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kibayasu posted:

All in all, doesn’t seem too different. Obviously still need to be geared up like the level 30 version but not to the levels most of these guys are.

Honestly, for all of my gripes with the update, it's pretty loving cool to see roles playing a huge part in the raid now, and even just in grouped content in general.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Hey guys I'm here to sing the praises of the Chem Launcher!

The chem launcher is great because at high tech you can get a lot of rounds, meaning you're almost always using it in between weapon mags.

It really doesn't matter which variant to use as long as it's not the heal (I use the igniter personally). What's great about it? It stun locks yellow bars! You see yellow bars are "smart" in that they will almost always try to roll away from the AoE. They'll stop doing almost ANYTHING to roll, including shooting you or healing themselves. So even if they do get out of the AoE, you still win!

I used 9 rounds once back to back to stun a yellow bar for a solid 60 seconds. If you can swap weapons fast enough you'll actually catch them in the AoE and the roll anim will get interrupted by the "flail around" animation, letting the next round cool down.

They'll even try to roll when otherwise invulnerable or immune to CC. It's kind of like a CC that has no dimishing returns.

The tough slow guys don't care at all and won't bother dodging, but that just means you maximize damage, and although they're harder to stun lock they still play the flail anim for a bit when burned.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tanks don’t care much about fire but they do care about riot foam and the shock trap.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crows Turn Off posted:

In real life, NYC announced they are creating a containment zone for COVID-19.

The Division story is starting a few months early.

New Rochelle is a county about 30 miles north of NYC. No measures as extreme have been put in place here in NYC yet.

Although we're probably not far behind considering how fast it's spreading.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

sure okay posted:

Hey guys I'm here to sing the praises of the Chem Launcher!

The chem launcher is great because at high tech you can get a lot of rounds, meaning you're almost always using it in between weapon mags.

It really doesn't matter which variant to use as long as it's not the heal (I use the igniter personally). What's great about it? It stun locks yellow bars! You see yellow bars are "smart" in that they will almost always try to roll away from the AoE. They'll stop doing almost ANYTHING to roll, including shooting you or healing themselves. So even if they do get out of the AoE, you still win!

I used 9 rounds once back to back to stun a yellow bar for a solid 60 seconds. If you can swap weapons fast enough you'll actually catch them in the AoE and the roll anim will get interrupted by the "flail around" animation, letting the next round cool down.

They'll even try to roll when otherwise invulnerable or immune to CC. It's kind of like a CC that has no dimishing returns.

The tough slow guys don't care at all and won't bother dodging, but that just means you maximize damage, and although they're harder to stun lock they still play the flail anim for a bit when burned.

I also love the firestarter launcher!
I just wish it would leave a cloud on impact instead of having to land on the ground, as I tend to get pelted while I'm lining up some of the harder trick shots to get dudes behind cover from farther away.

I thought I'd be more into the fire sticky launcher but I just cant use it frequently enough and I almost always have a shot on the chem launcher on stand by.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I am really disappointed in the seasonal manhunt stuff. Repeating four missions I've done with no new dialogue, enemies or collectibles is pretty boring. You get one audio recording for each of the three zones you finish, and one on Neptune's body, and that's it. I expected at least a little banter from the guy himself but it's just another bounty to collect, not even like a side mission or something.

I know, it's free content. It just feels half arsed compared to most of the other content, which I've enjoyed.

Relatedly: gently caress Kenly College mastery. How in the name of gently caress are you meant to clear the Metro in 25 minutes when several objectives are "stand in an area for minutes at a time"?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Seedge posted:

I am really disappointed in the seasonal manhunt stuff. Repeating four missions I've done with no new dialogue, enemies or collectibles is pretty boring. You get one audio recording for each of the three zones you finish, and one on Neptune's body, and that's it. I expected at least a little banter from the guy himself but it's just another bounty to collect, not even like a side mission or something.

I know, it's free content. It just feels half arsed compared to most of the other content, which I've enjoyed.

Relatedly: gently caress Kenly College mastery. How in the name of gently caress are you meant to clear the Metro in 25 minutes when several objectives are "stand in an area for minutes at a time"?

Basically you need to know exactly where to go, which path is the fastest, that kind of thing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm sure the rewards for doing it are extremely not worth it.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm sure the rewards for doing it are extremely not worth it.

The only reward I want is to have the Progression page show the Expeditions at 100% completion.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How does the 5 headshots in a row commendation work? I've definitely done that multiple times and it never registered - does it all have to be in a single engagement, and does each headshot have to be a one hit kill?

Also, into the back half of the original single player campaign on story mode so far and one thing I'm not clear on - will I be able to change world tiers back to easier versions for clearing commendations or do I need to make sure I do those now? Some of these seem like they would be drastically more of a pain in the rear end with spongier enemies but maybe it all evens out.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How many Bounties am I gonna have to do before I get credit for the seasonal Manhunt, jesus christ.

On the bright side: Gosh the grenade launcher sure does not give a gently caress about Hard Bounties, even with lovely gear

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

How many Bounties am I gonna have to do before I get credit for the seasonal Manhunt, jesus christ.

Infinity until it gets fixed. It's a known bug.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

On the bright side: Gosh the grenade launcher sure does not give a gently caress about Hard Bounties, even with lovely gear

Are you doing the specific one tied to the Manhunt? It's a different coloured icon.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The striker's set is gonna stay remarkably fun and strong until they patch out farming damage stacks by unloading on corpses. This is the first build that finally feels like I can handle hard to challenging without being dead weight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So I ran through quite a few story missions with a friend by joining their game and got.. zero seasonal xp. I gained like 4 SHD levels but no seasonal track xp at all. That certainly doesn't encourage grouping.

Can you only gain seasonal xp solo?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This is a dumb obvious thing but I like that on the NY map all the Christmas stuff is still up but way more run down than it was in the last game because of the amount of time passed. They could have easily said gently caress it and made the city less Christmasey but I love the idea that the city is perpetually stuck in this Christmas zone because that was when poo poo hit the fan.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gat dam I want to know that raid guy's build, it looks fun as all hell

E: fiiiiine I guess I'll check the commennnnntssssss

https://youtu.be/t0EGcYE9hKU

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 11, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Qmass posted:

well I did roosevelt on hard then went back to challenging to do world stuff and it reset. went back to hard and the progress was still lost so I guess I am glad I found this out sooner than later XD

I didn't realize it would reset progress of already completed sections too... so sad, have to start over... This is kind of stupid. At least remember that I completed an area when I switch the difficulty back after being stupid.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

FAUXTON posted:

If you're talking about the build on that video, you'll need a time machine. The Negev got nerfed.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

explosivo posted:

This is a dumb obvious thing but I like that on the NY map all the Christmas stuff is still up but way more run down than it was in the last game because of the amount of time passed. They could have easily said gently caress it and made the city less Christmasey but I love the idea that the city is perpetually stuck in this Christmas zone because that was when poo poo hit the fan.

There's some of that in DC, too, notably the little Christmas Town you go through on the way to the White House in the beginning. I like the Celebration Hotel (in New York) that's still playing holiday music. I just picture one Cleaner being really into it, singing along loudly and off-key, and threatening his buddies with the torch if they dare turn off the music.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

beats for junkies posted:

There's some of that in DC, too, notably the little Christmas Town you go through on the way to the White House in the beginning. I like the Celebration Hotel (in New York) that's still playing holiday music. I just picture one Cleaner being really into it, singing along loudly and off-key, and threatening his buddies with the torch if they dare turn off the music.

Yeah the celebration hotel is what made me come post about it haha. You'd think they would have found a way to turn off the music or just shot all the speakers by now..

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Watching that video of the L40 raid all I want to know is how did he get that hitlog on the left hand side of the screen ?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I'm playing solo in world tier 3 and getting my rear end handed to me at Kenly College. Is it balanced for top tier world 5 gear or am I just bad at the game? Staying close enough to a terminal while one of those sledgehammer scumbags keep chasing me around a desk seems to be impossible. And if I try to kite the cunts around the room I get a mission failed. Because of Dark Souls I instinctively try to roll away when they hit but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
On a positive note, Dual Shock controllers are surprisingly sturdy.

Also, are the season thing confined to specific missions/New York or do I reap the benefits while finishing up the Black Tusk stuff in DC?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So I ran through quite a few story missions with a friend by joining their game and got.. zero seasonal xp. I gained like 4 SHD levels but no seasonal track xp at all. That certainly doesn't encourage grouping.
Can you only gain seasonal xp solo?
did you play on a different difficulty than your global difficulty?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Soloing that part of Kenly is not easy at any World Tier tbh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

isk posted:

Soloing that part of Kenly is not easy at any World Tier tbh
IIRC hard wired (pre TU8) seeker/hive got me through that bit

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I'm really enjoying the Negev, although I never got to play around with one before the nerf. High rate of fire and a big magazine makes me happy. Not sure what talent to put on it for a my general red/crit build. Steady handed seems worse than fast hands, which makes the reload time usually around .01 second or something, it's kind of crazy. But unhinged is tempting too. I guess unhinged is better for burst DPS and something that reduces the reload better for sustain? I feel like the damage is tuned up high enough that even with the extra weapon damage from unhinged I won't be able to bust down enemies, so maybe fast hands?

Also, what do people with no skill tiers run as their skills? It's been a second since I wasn't some flavor of a skill user. I've been going with boring-old-revive hive and the healer drone, which rules - I think the drones in general have been buffed. It's not enough to save you if you tried to tank but it's still saved my rear end, almost never gets shot down, and has a crazy low cool down. Not sure what I might switch the revive hive for - maybe the decoy? Or maybe I should just keep it, I mean I do die all the goddamn time since the expansion.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Roman posted:

IIRC hard wired (pre TU8) seeker/hive got me through that bit

Same but I blew up everything else a lot easier

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Holy poo poo I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat this stupid Nickel guy (bounty)? Even on normal difficulty he just kicks my rear end. He has an elite heavy and another elite that I kill before he shows up, but then he just completely ignores me mag-dumping into him, grenades, stinger hive, rifle rounds to the head.. nothing phases him as he just casually walks to every single guy I've killed before he showed up and revives them all. Eventually there is just so much poo poo flying at me that I can't kill them as fast as he revives them while surviving the ridiculous hail of fire coming my way.

What the ever loving gently caress?

I also enjoy the radio controlled car that trundles up a vertical wall in order to drop into my cover and explode on me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

FAUXTON posted:

I was just wondering what apparel they were wearing? It looks like some all white spec ops gear I’ve never seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Thanks. It's nice to know if I'm banging my head against an unbreakable wall or if there's a chance to get good and push through. I'll return when I've got somewhat better gear. I haven't really been looking into any specific builds yet, instead I'm just using what's fun to shoot with.