Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
PKM is my late game fun. It cuts people down in smaller circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Beastie posted:

PKM is my late game fun. It cuts people down in smaller circles.

I wiped a team with one. It still kicks rear end.

Liking it so far, but the chopper doesn't have realistic weight to it at all. It's like a toy compared to Blackout.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beastie posted:

They’re definitely going to tweak the loadouts. They’re too easy to come by.

Still, I love how simple and fast paced the game is.

Always buy a cluster strike as soon as you can and drop it on the loadout box when you see people running to it. I got a doublekill like that.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Having voice chat issues in Warzone. Two XB players and me on PS4. I can hear each of them, and they can individually hear me, but they can't hear eachother. Any ideas?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Having voice chat issues in Warzone. Two XB players and me on PS4. I can hear each of them, and they can individually hear me, but they can't hear eachother. Any ideas?

NAT problems can cause that, if one or both are set to moderate/strict. Nothing you can really do unless you can set both to open... or just use Discord.
I remember not being able to chat with Hogfatherjake alllll the way back in BLOPS 1 due to that.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I'll join the regiment: dusty#5753791

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So far my biggest issue is the intense amount of hand-holding by the other teams but I guess that means we just need to play better together. Always two people pushing into a room at once

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Loadouts are insanely overpowered are 100% going to define the game until they're tuned/nerfed/removed.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Loadouts are insanely overpowered are 100% going to define the game until they're tuned/nerfed/removed.

Anyone can buy a supply drop at any depot, I don't see the problem. They're not hard to get, and it's not hard to get the money just from normal looting.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's also the only way to get your three perks.

I won't stop playing because of it for now but how did they not realize how broken it would be?

Mister Facetious posted:

Anyone can buy a supply drop at any depot, I don't see the problem. They're not hard to get, and it's not hard to get the money just from normal looting.

The problem is you can get them in a matter of minutes and they give your whole squad all their best weapons and perks, eliminating the whole progression element.

Although I assume people who didn't own CoD will be at a disadvantage since they won't have the same configurations unlocked.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 11, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cyks posted:

It's also the only way to get your three perks.

I won't stop playing because of it for now but how did they not realize how broken it would be?

Considering that a single person can buy a supply drop for all three players, I'm pretty sure the game is designed around it in the first place.
The pre placed equipment is just to keep you alive long enough to get $4500.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Made a regiment for PC players. GOONS FOR GOD aka G4GOD.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Kinda weird that my loadouts for Warzone are determined by my regular unlocks as well, how does it handle gun unlocks in the free version?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I broke a guys shield while in the opening of the game by cord cutting then parachuting and firing my pistol before it was put away.
Only a matter of time till people will die in the first 15 seconds of the game!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Warzone fuckin rules

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
OLOLOLOLOOL after all the loving teasing warzone turns out to be a worse blackout and a boring derivative BR game. The mode is extremely bad.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Really don't enjoy the supply drop mechanic, I like the way most battle royals make you piece something together.

I wish attachment were independent and crates dropped perks and poo poo too.

I do low key really enjoy the contract system though it's really nice and you can make a pile of cash.

Couple games we killed everyone and than just did contracts as the circle closed for phat loot and rewards. No wins, but alot of top 10s and a twice to #2

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
As a bar filler I'm kind of grumpy that a whole bunch of new bars to fill appeared after I just about cleaned up the first batch

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
When you run out of ammo for your PKM and don't have another gun
https://i.imgur.com/aWnwUs9.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People saying Warzone is bad have brain worms. This is the best BR I've played by a long shot. Best shooting, no bullshit inventory system, much better than the average royale at mitigating the dull moments of BR via stuff like contracts, the gulag, collecting money to buy boss poo poo etc, the map actually looks like a Warzone instead of a wacky theme park like Blackout. I was consistently impressed all night at how much it keeps the action going and how much time we spent fighting vs. just jogging around.

Thought the tiered loot was gonna suck but honestly it doesn't bug me. It needs more variety though. I found almost nothing but greys and golds along with a few purples. Where's everything in between? I feel like any box should drop nothing less than green, but greens seem to barely exist.

Few things I think might be an issue or would change though.

-Loadouts are going to be way OP for MW players vs. F2P players lol. Those poor fuckers are going to have to spend eons just grinding one gun out via BR while we can go into shipment and max it out in an hour if we haven't done it already. Maybe they've done something to balance the number of kills to give more weapon XP, but if they did I didn't notice. My guns weren't leveling and I got a decent amount of kills with guns I haven't used much. Maybe this is by design, but it doesn't seem fair. I also can't beleive how easy it is to get your loadouts. We got them in almost every round. Sometimes twice.

-The way kills are counted are a step back from blackout. Giving the kill to the executor is dumb and BO did it better by making down/executions separately logged.

-Armor seems too much. It makes the TTK on someone with full armor feel crazy high and I think it should max at 200 HP instead of 250. It makes extended mags feels almost necessary unless you are a headshot king, which i'm not.

-Let me pop out of the side of the car and shoot like Blackout because it feels cool and I don't want to have to shoot through the driver.

-Ping should have an option to switch to L1 or something. The D Pad is awkward.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 11, 2020

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Warzone fuckin rules

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Really enjoying this!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Couple of Warzone clips I pieced together.

https://youtu.be/eFKlYDKPTDk

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've only played plunder so far. And while it's a fun game mode, it could benefit from having more players. Or a smaller map.
You can go ages just looting boxes without seeing other players. The helipads are semi crowded areas, but even then you can quite easily make deposits.

Other improvements would be:
- make your squad drop with the squad leader. Right now I try to ping something and accidentally jump out of the plane.
That being said, the intro is really cool. Where they open the plane door and your squad walks out all badass. Too bad most of them just have the same skin.
- the ping system isn't organic at all. You have to fumble around to use it, it's impossible to say OK or No, it feels half assed. Just copy the Apex Legends system imo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Other improvements would be:
- make your squad drop with the squad leader. Right now I try to ping something and accidentally jump out of the plane.

I find it weird that you have a designated squad leader, but you don't drop when they do in formation.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Warzone is great, I like that you automatically collect ammo because why would you not want more ammo?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mister Facetious posted:

I find it weird that you have a designated squad leader, but you don't drop when they do in formation.

Exactly.
It's also not very obvious which dudes are your teammates while dropping. Maybe they should give them green smoke or w/e

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

shut up blegum posted:

I've only played plunder so far. And while it's a fun game mode, it could benefit from having more players. Or a smaller map.
You can go ages just looting boxes without seeing other players. The helipads are semi crowded areas, but even then you can quite easily make deposits.

A big part of it is I don't think people know how to play the objective yet. My first match was sitting in an area and we never broke 9th place with very little action and by the end of the night we were competing for the top three and it was constant action.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Beastie posted:

I think it owns.

I second this and I've only been able to get a couple games in. I'm finding it a lot easier to kill fuckers and have had a lot of fun running people over with atvs. TLDR: Good game, will squash again.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I have had fun with this most recent BR. Also my PKM build is way OP.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This is fun, but I really, really wish it had a solo mode.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
This is fun as poo poo and it feels like all the good parts of blackout and all the good parts of pubg. I'm trying to find a negative aspect to it and I'm coming up blank. I miss being able to find scopes actually

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I have exactly 3 friends. Why doesn’t this have quads?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
How long can you expect a warzone game to take

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Really loving the loadout supply drop system, even as a F2P player who doesn’t have all the best poo poo unlocked. I really like the BR system of everything EXCEPT when you get totally screwed by random weapon distribution, so this system completely solves that problem.

Early game you get that classic BR scramble to get some non poo poo gear, but late game your not screwed because you never found a sniper rifle or whatever. It’s a good balance.

Gulag is also a great system. The random map contracts are fun too, I hope they add new types of contracts.

The only aspect of Warzone I question is the 150 player count. Why 150? Why not just 100 and a smaller map so the matches can start earlier?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I played a few yesterday and maybe 20 mins? I'm not very good though so probably longer if you are a top team.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

25 minutes to smallest circle.

Give it 30 with queues and cutscenes etc

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I think their are 7 circles and you will be down to the ever shrinking 7th circle at minute 25 i think????

Add a few minutes to matchmake and the pregame, I don’t think it’s possible for a match to be longer than 30 minutes.

First circle is at 4:30 front the game start but after that they are pretty quick, like 2:30.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So as a free to play gamer can I customize the weapons I get in the loadout drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fried Watermelon posted:

So as a free to play gamer can I customize the weapons I get in the loadout drop?

Yea once you level up and unlock poo poo. The interface for all that poo poo is under the Baracks.

If you do the tutorials you get a machine gun and a sniper rifle with a bunch of fancy mods you can throw in right away.