Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chmods please posted:

we got an all-hands email today saying that if we wfh we should always use video conferencing and always dress as if we were going to the office even for internal calls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

chmods please posted:

we got an all-hands email today saying that if we wfh we should always use video conferencing and always dress as if we were going to the office even for internal calls

lol

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

whoever is/could be making these is eagerly watching news of quarantines with their eyeballs turning into dollar signs

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just slide your chair out of frame before standing up

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

chmods please posted:

which is ur best side op

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk I just go for my walk and stuff at home so it’s not much different

the only thing that’s really bugged me is not having my insulated coffee mug and stuff

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
because who knows how long this is gonna last, I just signed up 4 other WFH friends to take this opportunity to band together and haggle with local office liquidators to buy some aerons since SJ is never short on companies going under and we might as well be adults and upgrade from gaming chairs

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah my home ergo sucks

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jabor posted:

Just slide your chair out of frame before standing up

How do you slide a toilet?

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

lancemantis posted:

yeah my home ergo sucks

getting wrist pain from playing factorio while dialed into pointless meetings

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

lancemantis posted:

yeah my home ergo sucks

One trick is that you probably have lots of different bad places to work at home, so you can switch between them to reduce the badness

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Salt Fish posted:

How do you slide a toilet?
Undo the bolts on the floor

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

chmods please posted:

fucken lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah but no pants though

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
dress impeccably but expose your balls blurrily at the edge of the screen ala wayne gretzky

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1237577750480740353?s=20

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PCjr sidecar posted:

dearest martha,

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's amazing that people who take home over 6 grand a month somehow can't afford to feed themselves or buy a $300 monitor

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

it's amazing that people who take home over 6 grand a month somehow can't afford to feed themselves or buy a $300 monitor

they're helpless babies, op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wfh status: job is stress testing the vpn in preparation for everyone across the country working from home

it's all hosed and unusable :thumbsup:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

wfh status: job is stress testing the vpn in preparation for everyone across the country working from home

it's all hosed and unusable :thumbsup:

the insistence on running all traffic through a VPN so they can fire you for clicking fb during work hours is going to blow up so many routers

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

work just sent an email to me and everyone else who was at risk of secondary infection; they say the hospital gave the primary person a flu diagnosis and sent him home as "low risk"

probably just paranoia speaking, but nowhere did the email say that they actually tested for COVID-19 and it came back negative; we'll see, I guess

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

thanks to breaking up with my gf and her wanting to rotate sharing our apartment I'm gonna have to work from an AirBnB next week. finding one with a desk that's not an ergonomic nightmare will be tough. probably have to bring my chair from home to make it useable.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

DuckConference posted:

thanks to breaking up with my gf and her wanting to rotate sharing our apartment

latest goon saga sounding promising

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

President Beep posted:

latest goon saga sounding promising

the best part is she is now at and will be going back to her parents' place when she's not here. so she could be exposing her parents to a lot of risk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DuckConference posted:

thanks to breaking up with my gf and her wanting to rotate sharing our apartment I'm

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shh shh shh, let's where this goes

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

the insistence on running all traffic through a VPN so they can fire you for clicking fb during work hours is going to blow up so many routers

for us its bc they are super paranoid of leaks and stuff

they are making everyone here setup VPN access to be ready in case the french government makes wfh mandatory and they might let us take our machines home (unless they can get some third party streaming solution up and running I guess)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
lmao if you think i am anything other than wfbb (work from bubble bath)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

it just occurred to me that this is sort of a worst-case scenario for all the people at goog, fb, cisco and the rest that are sleeping in vans at night to save on rent

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

because who knows how long this is gonna last, I just signed up 4 other WFH friends to take this opportunity to band together and haggle with local office liquidators to buy some aerons since SJ is never short on companies going under and we might as well be adults and upgrade from gaming chairs

can i get in on this

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
we were told to start taking our laptops home every day last week and today we got an email which recommends working from home for at least the next two weeks. our boss told us that it's not optional though so wfh it is :toot: though i'm probably gonna have to go into the office a few times to mess with things in the lab.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

it just occurred to me that this is sort of a worst-case scenario for all the people at goog, fb, cisco and the rest that are sleeping in vans at night to save on rent

well, you know, as wealthy people they can just get a short-term lease or maybe decide the box-truck-life isn't the best idea after all and finally get a place

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wish I could just buy a monitor/keyboard/whatever I want and hook it into my work laptop but unfortunately I'm not allowed to plug in non-employer-owned stuff to it so I either just need to go without or decide to grovel for them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

lancemantis posted:

well, you know, as wealthy people they can just get a short-term lease or maybe decide the box-truck-life isn't the best idea after all and finally get a place

not disagreeing, just having a realization is all.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

qirex posted:

why 6 op

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

because 7 ate 9! XD

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lancemantis posted:

I wish I could just buy a monitor/keyboard/whatever I want and hook it into my work laptop but unfortunately I'm not allowed to plug in non-employer-owned stuff to it so I either just need to go without or decide to grovel for them

neither am i but i did exactly that because i'm not using the work provided garbage

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what they won’t know won’t hurt them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I plug all my piss poor dollar keyboard and monitors etc into my work laptop

currently using my 3rd replacement laptop.

Citrix is a bitch.