Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

another day down another day close to Animal Crossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Drone posted:

How much do we know about how the naming of the island works?

Is it always "<name> Island" by default, or do you just have "<name>"?

Expecting a whole pile of trips to Pen Island

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The gangtag is beautiful, thank you Infi and BIRD :love:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can I please have a gangtag?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I was sure I asked for a gangtag a while back but perhaps it got missed, so I'd like to put my hand up again please!

Also has anyone else noticed that every island we've seems to have a tiny outcrop of beach on the very north? And in the direct when showing off terraforming there's a brief clip of a villager clearing some cliffs to gain access to it before it cuts away? What secrets might that tiny beach hold???

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm ready for this game to come out already. So I went and tried to plan out my island. Normally I'm a bit anal with this kind of thing but the tools are kind of hard to get a grip on and I wasn't really patient enough to see how far I could stretch it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm back on my bullshit (Queuing up gangtags that is)

Songs queueeeeddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_nwLzjiME

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I only play the GameCube version of AC, is this also the right thread for that? If so it might me nice to have a gangtag as I've gone a decade without one :)

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Looking forward to wondering around in Animal Crossing like it's the early 2000s. Hit me up with that gang tag, yo!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

The NookPhone has Instagram filters, evidently. Digging the frame and LED dates, that brings back memories for sure.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1237393878950359047

Is there an easy way to share screenshots? Do I need to make a twitter?

Infinitum posted:

I'm back on my bullshit (Queuing up gangtags that is)

Can you fix my borked avatar?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Just broke down and preordered. Now gimme dat tag :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GoodBee posted:

Can you fix my borked avatar?

Nah yeah, already queued up.

You had HTML in your av, so I changed it to BBCode :argh:

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

I'm excited to lose all access to our Switch for a week. Also, is this where I post to join a gang?

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Mainwaring posted:

Also has anyone else noticed that every island we've seems to have a tiny outcrop of beach on the very north? And in the direct when showing off terraforming there's a brief clip of a villager clearing some cliffs to gain access to it before it cuts away? What secrets might that tiny beach hold???

The map on the wall in the airport shows a smaller island just off of that small beach. I don't think it's Harvey's, cuz he's gotta be available before terraforming. DJ KK Fyre Festival Island?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Things have gotten extremely hard in my life over the past couple days so I really need this game right about now just to distract myself. Just be next week already, please.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seriously the all digital future can't come soon enough who gives a poo poo about brick and mortar retail missing out because they don't have stock yet the game is right there on my console Nintendo just let me loving play it already

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you have HTML in your avatar, why do you hate me?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Human crossing here, I'd love a Gangtag.
What are the chances we can expand our home in a more exciting way than three wings a second floor and a basement?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If you have HTML in your avatar, why do you hate me?

Is it because I bought my avatar in 2004?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Things have gotten extremely hard in my life over the past couple days so I really need this game right about now just to distract myself. Just be next week already, please.

right there with ya buddy

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can't wait to take next Friday off and literally just ignore everything in the real world to play ACNH for like 10 hours

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hear you. Looking forward to getting to play this game has definitely kept me going through some lovely times over the last six months.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Infinitum you are a goddamn hero

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Xuv8rEk.mp4

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Infinitum you are a goddamn hero

Hail to IK Infinitum!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

An other miracle!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Infinitum Unites the Tribe

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

yospos bicth

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Thanks for the tag! I'm going to be WFH due to corona for at least 2 weeks starting Monday. Giving me a lot of time for animal crossing which is pretty exciting.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
oh yeah thank you for tag!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thanks temporary idiot king!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

did I get one

e: I didn't :negative:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If you want in the gang at this point we're gonna need to see some kneecaps

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Big mood. Give me an idyllic island to escape to please.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

did I get one

You might need to give it time? Once they're queued they take a bit to go out, judging by yesterday.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I wanted the gang tag, but wasn't planning on getting AC. But felt obligated to because of the gang tag, and now pre-purchased AC.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thwomp posted:

Thanks temporary idiot king!
more like permanent idiot temporary king

zing

nah I'm just being a jerk you're pretty great :3:

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Awesome Animals posted:

I wanted the gang tag, but wasn't planning on getting AC. But felt obligated to because of the gang tag, and now pre-purchased AC.

I have to admit, the gang tag with your avatar is kind of perfect :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Your Computer posted:

did I get one

I don't think the queue is finished yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters