Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Ben Barba?
oh wait, lol, i get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Loving having the Saturday footy on

Even if it's the loving eels and Panthers

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good thing I didnt opt to go watch Newcastle hammer The Chooks at almost full pricing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I very much enjoyed watching the tigers get what might be their only win for the year

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Warriors look terrible, good to see Kearney's new offense is the same dogshit as last year. How many 5th tackle turnovers with seemingly nobody having any idea what to do?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Warriors look terrible, good to see Kearney's new offense is the same dogshit as last year. How many 5th tackle turnovers with seemingly nobody having any idea what to do?

I was at a 2 year olds birthday party for the first half of the game and was checking in on the app stream, and every time I looked the warriors were on our line. I couldn't believe when we got home the score was 6 all. Then I watched the second half and it made sense - it was like the warriors couldn't count to six and just forgot what the plan was.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Kearney's obsession with completion rate combined with Green being completely passed it is going to make this year even more painful than usual.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Carl Webb diagnosed with motor neurone disease at 38

Poor guy

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Wow, him too? Really sad.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
That's really loving rough.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:sanix: Join the goon tipping comp :sanix:

https://tipping.nrl.com/

Pin: PTRPZYAD

Prizes: Custom Title + $50 to a charity of your choice

bowmore fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 8, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Done.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
In like finishing 9th.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Next season will be my season.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If any of you want to add any money to the charity pot send me a PM and i’ll give you my paypal, completely optional though so don’t feel like you need to.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Utterly biased tips, let’s go!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
In as Team Turbros. :getin:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I'm in, and I expect to lose horribly.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for everyone who signed up so far

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Should we set up a side betting comp around when people will start forgetting to put their tips in?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
around week 3 or 4 i'd say

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Should we set up a side betting comp around when people will start forgetting to put their tips in?

There's a good chance I forget to register before the season kicks off, does that count?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
That’s why you do like me, and tip every round in advance without caring about things like “statistical win percentage” or who’s “decimated by injury”.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Reports Jack Bird's done his acl again. Poor oval office, he's had an absolute bastard of a time the last few years.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Oh hey I joined.

Also well done to the Dogs on one of the dumbest offseason scandals in a while. Hooking up with schoolgirls? Nice look for the family club.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Canterbury Bulldogs have a bit of a scandal. Two of their players were caught loving underage girls.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

Canterbury Bulldogs have a bit of a scandal. Two of their players were caught loving underage girls.

Well not underage, but high schoolers they initially met at a club visit to the school.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Well not underage, but high schoolers they initially met at a club visit to the school.

See I hadn't heard that part, and was almost going to give them the benefit of the doubt if they'd met them in a club or whatever (eg somewhere that they might have been assuming they were definitely 18). In this case, though... fairly low odds some randos you meet at a school are over 18 (especially if they're in uniforms...)

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Even if they were over 18, how hard is it to not gently caress the schoolgirls you met at a loving school visit. Jeez.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Even if they were over 18, how hard is it to not gently caress the schoolgirls you met at a loving school visit. Jeez.

Oh don't take it that I would have thought it OK if they were over 18. The school thing is terrible on every level. I just only saw the headlines and had assumed they'd picked them up in a club, and was giving them the slightest benefit of the doubt. The second I actually read the story that went out the window.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
Okunbor met the girl at the school clinic they were running. Harawira-Naera met the girl elsewhere outside of school. Apparently one of them also hosed a teacher from another school in the Port Macquarie area.

Goddamn footy players love being gently caress ups.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

OK, it's fuckin' borderline at least.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Countdown to the Bulldogs sacking them then CHN surfacing at the Roosters next year after a stint in Super League.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Countdown to the Bulldogs sacking them then CHN surfacing at the Roosters next year after a stint in Super League.

Not even an even money bet

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

OK, it's fuckin' borderline at least.

Technically not illegal, but a loving terrible look. According to SMH they lost a potential major sponsor over this.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*nevermind* fake news apparently

bowmore fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 11, 2020

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004