Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How do I kill Keener? He just rolled out of my oxidizer fields, EMPed my healer drone, then I got popped by a seeker mine and sniper turret.

This is not super fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I kill Keener? He just rolled out of my oxidizer fields, EMPed my healer drone, then I got popped by a seeker mine and sniper turret.

This is not super fun

if you can't beat story mode go to the difficulty under that :grin:

(he was a piece of poo poo to fight. I'd suggest pubbing up)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Capn Beeb posted:

This is not super fun

I focused on knocking down all the stupid stuff he was putting out, and then when I had a spare moment I'd put a few rounds into him, but mostly just dodged from cover to cover while shooting his mines and turrets and stuff. Whenever my seekers came off cooldown I'd throw it out and dump a mag into him. I was honestly surprised at how smoothly it went and was surprised when it was over.

Watch for him throwing his mines/turrets out, dodge away from them and immediately shoot them before they can open up on you. If he pauses from throwing poo poo, shoot him. Repeat for a while and just whittle him down.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I had a CP failure that was annoying tonight. I took over a CP2 doing the season stuff, killed the bad guy and got to the point where my buddies would be taking over the CP and we get ready to repel the counter attack and then... nothing. No attack ever came and the CP never got taken over. That was a fairly annoying bug. No idea if there is some way to trigger the counter-attack, but I didn't find one. No 'red' on the mini-map thing to indicate any bad guys even in the vicinity, so eventually I gave up and just went and tried to do a bounty (where I died repeatedly before giving up for the night).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Last night me and another goon basically DPS bum rushed him. Just two dudes point blank mag dumped him. His flame burst chem launcher didn't seem to do too much damage so he just kinda stood there and ate poo poo.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So I ran through quite a few story missions with a friend by joining their game and got.. zero seasonal xp. I gained like 4 SHD levels but no seasonal track xp at all. That certainly doesn't encourage grouping.

Can you only gain seasonal xp solo?

Did you activate the Season One pass? You have to go into the store, I think, to do it otherwise you won't get anything. Season One is free for everyone but all subsequent passes will cost :10bux:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Capn Beeb posted:

This is not super fun

In my case, I just bum rushed the fucker with my shield and shotgun/AR after getting fed up with trying the more tactical approach. He didn't really seem to have much of a defense against getting into his face.

Estel
May 4, 2010

The Locator posted:

So I had a CP failure that was annoying tonight. I took over a CP2 doing the season stuff, killed the bad guy and got to the point where my buddies would be taking over the CP and we get ready to repel the counter attack and then... nothing. No attack ever came and the CP never got taken over. That was a fairly annoying bug. No idea if there is some way to trigger the counter-attack, but I didn't find one. No 'red' on the mini-map thing to indicate any bad guys even in the vicinity, so eventually I gave up and just went and tried to do a bounty (where I died repeatedly before giving up for the night).

Sometimes the enemies reinforcements like the allied ones can find things on the way and get stuck fighting something. Usually if you go in the direction the reinforcements come from you can find them and kill them to continue the cp capture.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I thought Keener was easier than that Dragov fight.

I think its best to surround him and hit him from multiple angles, otherwise he will just run off and heal.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

MREBoy posted:

Watching that video of the L40 raid all I want to know is how did he get that hitlog on the left hand side of the screen ?

The chat windows has a little arrow on it, the dmg log can be activated somewhere in that menu.

Also, Massive are "following discussions" and "discussing feedback internally" right now.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...=1#post14827189

I hope they talk about how they learned loving nothing from last years evolution of the game. They probably want to test how often you can revamp your live service game before it's finally dead.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Heroic control points are crazy. Had elite resource patrols and aerial drones pop into both of the ones I did tonight with randoms. We did one on challenging afterwards and it felt so much easier. Only took a few minutes compared to 35 or so for each level 4 point.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Locator posted:

Was it The Nest? That happens a lot there.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Capn Beeb posted:

Level up, optimize your build, and the game has only been out for a week you're not supposed to beat Keener yet.

Actual answer: He always spawns in the same spot. Drop a bleed hive on the area, throw a grenade in advance, unload with your grenade launcher/other skill/etc. Burst him down and he'll go invulnerable to heal then run away and you win.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

This is not super fun

Shock trap then turret, stinger hive, grenades...whatever you can unload on his spawn point. Don't let him even move.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mailer posted:

Level up, optimize your build, and the game has only been out for a week you're not supposed to beat Keener yet.

Actual answer: He always spawns in the same spot. Drop a bleed hive on the area, throw a grenade in advance, unload with your grenade launcher/other skill/etc. Burst him down and he'll go invulnerable to heal then run away and you win.

Noirex posted:

Shock trap then turret, stinger hive, grenades...whatever you can unload on his spawn point. Don't let him even move.

Pubbed up, we tried all this, but our gadgets got EMPed immediately and on the last attempt we all collapsed within a few seconds of the start of the fight. :shrug:

Edit:

God drat those rogue artillery turrets are brutal. The pubs I was with were coordinated and knew what to do, but none of us really understood why were immediately imploding seemingly all at once.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 11, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Was it The Nest? That happens a lot there.

I think it probably was, yeah. I ran around the area a bit but no activity even close so I gave up. That was the 3rd CP I needed for the season thing in that area.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Locator posted:

I think it probably was, yeah. I ran around the area a bit but no activity even close so I gave up. That was the 3rd CP I needed for the season thing in that area.

If you’re on the balcony looking across the street (the way the minigun is pointing) there’s a door enemies can come out of on the left side of the building you’re facing. It’s so far away they may not even spawn in that you could see them with a scope. However if you run over there you’ll hopefully/probably see them standing around outside the door. Throw a grenade or something at them and book it back to the CP. May need to repeat that a couple times depending on difficulty.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

If you’re on the balcony looking across the street (the way the minigun is pointing) there’s a door enemies can come out of on the left side of the building you’re facing. It’s so far away they may not even spawn in that you could see them with a scope. However if you run over there you’ll hopefully/probably see them standing around outside the door. Throw a grenade or something at them and book it back to the CP. May need to repeat that a couple times depending on difficulty.

Thanks, will try that if it happens again tomorrow.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Pubbed up, we tried all this, but our gadgets got EMPed immediately and on the last attempt we all collapsed within a few seconds of the start of the fight. :shrug:

I might have gotten lucky because he was instantly stunned by my trap. But I also soloed the whole mission. Maybe try that, might be easier?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

If all else fails, I can join and shoot Keener through the head for you (Seditian in-game).

Grinspork
Jun 20, 2004

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
I really enjoy this expansion, I had a fantastic power creep and now I'm easily capturing control points solo on Challenging!

Just use Brand Sets and targeted loot and constantly search for upgrades, these are things the game naturally supplies to you, please use them.

Also craft.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

This is not super fun

I just used the stinger hive where he jumps down, then my no skill tier riot foam with like 3 charges to make him stand in the hive. Just shot him between the chem launcher cd's.

On another note. I have two build's thats starting to come together. A tank build with shield, fixer drone. Got two gilas, to richters(?) one with smg dmg and the exotic chest. 4 + skill tier and 2 defense. Can solo hard easily, but on challenge i my shield just gets chewed through. Also have a 3 strikers 2 of those that gives crit (I'm bad with names) and a fenris. Just waiting to get more electronics so I can recalibrate to some more weapon damage.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Osmosis posted:

I'm really enjoying the Negev, although I never got to play around with one before the nerf. High rate of fire and a big magazine makes me happy. Not sure what talent to put on it for a my general red/crit build. Steady handed seems worse than fast hands, which makes the reload time usually around .01 second or something, it's kind of crazy. But unhinged is tempting too. I guess unhinged is better for burst DPS and something that reduces the reload better for sustain? I feel like the damage is tuned up high enough that even with the extra weapon damage from unhinged I won't be able to bust down enemies, so maybe fast hands?

Also, what do people with no skill tiers run as their skills? It's been a second since I wasn't some flavor of a skill user. I've been going with boring-old-revive hive and the healer drone, which rules - I think the drones in general have been buffed. It's not enough to save you if you tried to tank but it's still saved my rear end, almost never gets shot down, and has a crazy low cool down. Not sure what I might switch the revive hive for - maybe the decoy? Or maybe I should just keep it, I mean I do die all the goddamn time since the expansion.

Unhinged is really bad now. The penalty for it used to be weapon handling, which is a stat that fractionally affects accuracy, reload speed, stability etc. Now that it directly reduces accuracy and stability you're taking way bigger stat hits for lower gains because the damage boost was also reduced. IMO the best LMG talents right now boil down to Fast Hands, Steady Handed, Strained or Optimist. Steady Handed works best with the Stoner because you get a lot more chances to proc, or if you're using the Gunner exclusive +50 ammo pouch.

As for 0 tier skills, good ones are Oxidizer, Decoy or Blinderfly.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Grinspork posted:

I really enjoy this expansion, I had a fantastic power creep and now I'm easily capturing control points solo on Challenging!

Just use Brand Sets and targeted loot and constantly search for upgrades, these are things the game naturally supplies to you, please use them.

Also craft.

Yes, when making a build to go from normal to hard and to challenging you should be recalibrating every single % that you can add to your build. Doesn't seem much but it's worth it. I'm thankful for that SHD level that gives you credits because i spent it all when making a build and couldn't improve it because i couldn't keep up with the credit cost of recalibrating.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I played through the entire game with a friend of mine over the weekend after not having played it since last march. We played the whole story mode all the way through both DC (skipping the WT grind) and then through NY which was especially awesome. The story mode alone 1-40 was worth the price of the game. The NY underground mission with the drill was one of the more memorable missions of any game I've played recently.

That being said, one thing that pisses me off in games like this and arpgs, is broken and bugged skills. When the entire game is designed to let you play different styles and build your character the way you want it's really off putting when things don't work. Both the Striker and Hardwired sets being bugged is really lame. Granted, I just came from playing Wolcen which was a buggy pile of trash, but I'd have hoped they would have done better.

My only other real complaint right now is how janky a lot of skills still feel. Cluster mines bug out constantly and often just disappear or do no damage to enemies even though they're right on them. The striker drone likes to spend a lot of time not firing at anything, or targeting things it can't hit only to re position and still not fire. The turret is also really annoying to place some times because if it's a little too far in on a platform or too close to a piece of cover it just won't shoot anything. The worst though is the Sticky bomb and the chem launcher which are very similar skills except for some loving stupid reason they have totally opposite mechanics. You have to equip the oxidizer like a gun, then aim it with right click to fire at things. The sticky bomb on the other hand comes out like a skill immediately and you have to fire it right away, if you try and right click to aim it though it gets put away and you pull your gun back out. I was trying to run both and it just about drove me insane. The Firestarter also drives me nuts. I wish it would just ignite instantly. Having to double tap after you fire is just clunky and unfun.

I've gone full skill build and had a lot of fun running the oxidizer and the explosive seeker mine just for ease of use. Is there any way to get skill overload outside of the crappy backpack talent that gives it to you for using a med kit or the exotic back pack I'll never find?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm pretty impressed with strikers so far. I did over 800 million damage with it in a hard mission while the next best player did about 250 mil. It's currently bugged where you can lose stacks on hits, but the bugs cut both ways since you can currently farm stacks by shooting corpses.

This striker set which is mostly pieces from the battlepass should easily tide me over until I can finally get my goal build finished which is gonna be a true patriot crusader shield build with the tardigrade exotic chest and the true patriot backpack boost. My basic plan is to max out the shield with defensive attributes and then stack crit chance/damage on the secondary attributes. I also have the claws out holster which has 20% pistol damage which might be worth using with the bulwark.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Unhinged is really bad now. The penalty for it used to be weapon handling, which is a stat that fractionally affects accuracy, reload speed, stability etc. Now that it directly reduces accuracy and stability you're taking way bigger stat hits for lower gains because the damage boost was also reduced. IMO the best LMG talents right now boil down to Fast Hands, Steady Handed, Strained or Optimist. Steady Handed works best with the Stoner because you get a lot more chances to proc, or if you're using the Gunner exclusive +50 ammo pouch.

As for 0 tier skills, good ones are Oxidizer, Decoy or Blinderfly.

I prefer Perfect Frenzy over those LMG abilities.

0 tier skills I run Shield (because it's tier 5 through defense) and reviver Hive as the latter doesn't care much about tier skill either.

E: I'm running:

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 11, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Roman posted:

did you play on a different difficulty than your global difficulty?

My global was on whatever the default is after you finish the story and his was on the default for story.

Shoren posted:

Did you activate the Season One pass? You have to go into the store, I think, to do it otherwise you won't get anything. Season One is free for everyone but all subsequent passes will cost :10bux:

Yeah it was definitely active as I had gotten the first level already through my solo play and was halfway into the second - both xp bars were there before I joined his group but the green one disappeared after we grouped up. If I got no seasonal xp because I was on the default after-story difficulty and he was on story that's really bad design for encouraging play together when you're just helping a friend get through keener and back to DC.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

This is not super fun

If you're struggling with that, add me on uplay (Guillermus_) I can join you and slap his face so hard he joins JTF.

I did that fight as gunner. Used EMP pulse for his skills and healing chem. Shot his face down with a M249 and saved my minigun ammo for the last push and mowed him.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I got basically every piece of true patriot I needed with rolls ranging from good to god in the dark zone with gearset targeted loot in like an hour and a half, so now I just gotta farm a tardigrade to complete my build.

The dz feels so much better now, it's way more deadly and the loot is incredible.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Hearing everyone say how they beat Keener makes me feel like it was broken on day one, or something. I got my skills turned off a minute into the fight and they never came back, which made my skill build pretty useless, let me tell you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The only way I beat Keener was planting a grenade where he jumped down and then unloading my shotgun into his face from 3 feet away. Letting the fight last more than a minute meant I was going to lose.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Seedge posted:

Hearing everyone say how they beat Keener makes me feel like it was broken on day one, or something. I got my skills turned off a minute into the fight and they never came back, which made my skill build pretty useless, let me tell you.

That happened to me over the weekend as well so it definitely isn't only a day one thing, seems intended to me but maybe it doesn't go off if you kill him quickly enough or something.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So I did the whole manhunt thing on challenging last night. I was thinking I would have trouble with the CP3s on challenging since I never really tried one at that difficulty but it ended up being pretty easy. I was so used to the HP/Armor scaling from 4 mans that ive been running almost exclusively that I thought I would just be swarmed from all sides, but on solo the mobs melt compared to group stuff.

The bounties I did group for and the first one counted fine, the second and third though didnt. Not sure if this is bugged or what, but I even ran them from my map, so they disappeared after I ran them. So then I went into the bounty matchmaking hoping I would scotre the two I needed. Took a few hours, but finally managed to score the two I needed.

The stronghold eneded up being problematic, especially the end part with the two tanks you need to destroy. I remember this one from a year ago, it was even problematic back then. I think my group wiped 4 times, couple of those we were near the end, with both tanks destroyed, the 2 chungus dead, and yet those last few swarms of enemies are no joke. They come at you from both sides, surround you and youre hosed. But yeah, anyway, managed to score a V. I think I ended up with something like 2.5 billion dmg and 135 kills, lol. I did some gamer maths and came up with ~10,000 bullets landed on enemies, and thats not counting the misses, which was probably around 12,000. Thats ~147 LMG big 150 magazines.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

I got basically every piece of true patriot I needed with rolls ranging from good to god in the dark zone with gearset targeted loot in like an hour and a half, so now I just gotta farm a tardigrade to complete my build.

The dz feels so much better now, it's way more deadly and the loot is incredible.

Definitely do Lincoln Memorial for the Tardigrade chest (or any True Sons mission with chestpiece targeted loot). I got my Tardigrade on my second Challenging run through Lincoln Memorial from the final boss and same happened for a friend. It works so well with a TP build and I would suggest trying to get a Bullet King as well because it's insanely fun to use.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I was not aware until you all started talking about it that you could approach Keener's spawn side of that arena at all. I beat him (eventually) by just hiding out near the ammo boxes on the far end of the arena and using a shotgun to take out any of his placed skills / drones until he was within range to dump some headshots into. It only took a dozen (very quick pass/fail) tries!

And then I respec'd from Sharpshooter to Demolitionist with LMG and drones/turret and haven't looked back.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I used technician and lobbed emp grenades at him to gently caress with skills/heals and softened him up a lot with the missile launcher.

I died a few times before it dawned on me to try the grenades though!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hakarne posted:

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

I did a version of this last night too and it tore poo poo up on challenging. My setup is a wyvern backpack with tech support and a China lake chest with kinetic momentum, and the named shotgun with perfectly rooted. Might have to try working in shock and awe though, and I like the idea of using an LMG for suppression too.

I've been running either shield or chem heal for emergencies and the easy reset on turret cooldown with the hard wired bonus, but I'm actually thinking of trying out the riot foam launcher in that slot. Could be pretty handy against fatties.

Also, the fact that you can still target and launch mortars while reviving teammates owns owns owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

The sniper turret is also really good now. When you're solo it will one-shot reds and strip the armor from purples. Tanks sometimes take direct health damage from it, but otherwise it'll break their chest piece in two to three shots and then they'll go down in two hits. Aiming it can be a bit finicky at times and it's useless at ranges further than 5ft away when it's rainy (and your HUD won't detect far enemies either). For the most part it's a viable alternative.