Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

the Insane Piano posted:

maybe i wasn't listening very closely, but the whole time i thought darcy carden and the other guy was mary holland and thomas middleditch.

I 100% thought it was Mary until I checked, which was only because I couldn't identify the guy's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

well this should make her joke saying her name was Christmas Carden land a little better

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
ha, yes! i figured that was an inside joke or something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

boxcarhobo posted:

he killed it as bill walton, what a great new character

Ah drat, the way Scott said ‘I forgot that about you’ made me hope he had been on before and I somehow missed it. Must’ve been referring to something said earlier this episode.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah drat, the way Scott said ‘I forgot that about you’ made me hope he had been on before and I somehow missed it. Must’ve been referring to something said earlier this episode.

No, Bill Walton is a real guy who famously followed the Grateful Dead and was easily spotted in the crowd because he towers above everything and everyone. He also talks about it all the time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ahhhh gotcha. I figured it was based on a real person but had no idea the specifics were too! Thanks for that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you are unfamiliar with Bill Walton and his special brand of color commentary, please rectify that and learn just how only slightly exaggerated Dan was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd12mM3bkg

Watch this one to the end, the kicker is incredible

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Bill Walton on UCLA basketball games is a nice little treat because he will ramble on for 10 straight minutes about something which truly has nothing to do with the game going on in front of him, or indeed the game of basketball in general

also he was one of the best college/nba basketball players of all time so no one is gonna stop him from talking

he fuckin rules

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

boxcarhobo posted:

Bill Walton on UCLA basketball games is a nice little treat because he will ramble on for 10 straight minutes about something which truly has nothing to do with the game going on in front of him, or indeed the game of basketball in general

also he was one of the best college/nba basketball players of all time so no one is gonna stop him from talking

he fuckin rules

So he invented pistol shrimps radio?

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Holy lol this is a proclick.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Bill Walton is a national treasure.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I didn't realize OJ actually talked like this and thought Carl Tart was just giving him weird mannerisms to make a character out of it, so I laughed pretty hard watching this:

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1237873356923211779

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

you take care

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

This whole Coronavirus situation leaves me wondering: who's Thomas Middleditch going to be able to gently caress?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Surely not his wife. He respects her too much for that.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
What’s your gently caress style?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
The latest episode had some flaws but was pretty good overall. Will Hines was great before his character got stuck in a joke with diminishing returns and the JackFM bumpers were the hardest I've laughed in a while.

Would you rather sucks though, you can't get much if any comedy out of wacky questions. It's only good when guests ignore the game and do their own bits

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Magissima posted:

The latest episode had some flaws but was pretty good overall. Will Hines was great before his character got stuck in a joke with diminishing returns and the JackFM bumpers were the hardest I've laughed in a while.

Would you rather sucks though, you can't get much if any comedy out of wacky questions. It's only good when guests ignore the game and do their own bits

Or it's regular questions that get wacky when elaborated on

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, WYR is only as good as the contestants' understanding of the game and their willingness to take the parameters of the question to its absolute logical extremes where Scott is happily waiting to answer it without fail.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ok so the next anniversary show that’s coming up absolutely needs to be done like this. I ended up missing the Thrilling Adventure Hour one that I posted about because I didn’t realize they were closing ticket sales a few hours before, but this one is free (altho its open for donations so I threw $5 in) and the read hasn’t even started and I’m already loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apyPyWkuOD8

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Scotty 2 Thotty knocking out a bonus ep in these trying times, - Jon Gabrus, Ego Nwodim, Carl Tart, Drew Tarver. Now that's a lineup.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"The Census came to my house and they said, 'Motherfucker, you're white.'"

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I died laughing at the geese doing $600 damage at The a Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ego kept throwing down "I have a large social gathering to get to" hooks that nobody picked up

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Some real solid Tim Baltz this week, he's definitely become a must-listen guest over the last couple of years.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The Middleditch and Schwartz long-form improve specials on Netflix are absolutely fantastic. Well worth your time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just bumped into this Schwartz/Lapkus improv morning show thing from 2016. Pretty sure I'd never heard of it. Did either of them ever promote it on CBB?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plOMomN9F5g

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

I just bumped into this Schwartz/Lapkus improv morning show thing from 2016. Pretty sure I'd never heard of it. Did either of them ever promote it on CBB?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plOMomN9F5g

I remember it "coming out" but I can't remember how I heard about it.
That reminded me to look for the Adam Pally/Ben Schwartz Late Late Show 'audition'. They keep taking it down but I think I found it on Daily Motion.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Ape of Naples posted:

I remember it "coming out" but I can't remember how I heard about it.
That reminded me to look for the Adam Pally/Ben Schwartz Late Late Show 'audition'. They keep taking it down but I think I found it on Daily Motion.

there was an article about it a few days ago

https://uproxx.com/tv/pally-schwartz-late-late-show-oral-history/

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

God bless Carl Tart

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ArtVandelay posted:

God bless Carl Tart

Carl Tart, or Carlt, is treasure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

God bless Carl Tart

He drives me crazy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Vulture ranked the 103 best CBB characters and, as is the case with any "Best of" list, it's loving insane.

1) Classic characters are ranked way too low (Cake Boss [Cake Boss] at 70?!); while some truly poo poo characters ("Charles Manson")/weightless one-and-dones get recognized in any way
2) Everybody knows the best Horatio character is Cum-TIssue Carl, the bit that Scott and Ben actively shoot down every time he brings it up

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Vulture ranked the 103 best CBB characters and, as is the case with any "Best of" list, it's loving insane.

1) Classic characters are ranked way too low (Cake Boss [Cake Boss] at 70?!); while some truly poo poo characters ("Charles Manson")/weightless one-and-dones get recognized in any way
2) Everybody knows the best Horatio character is Cum-TIssue Carl, the bit that Scott and Ben actively shoot down every time he brings it up

Leo Carpazzi at the top is an inspired choice though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kdrudy posted:

Leo Carpazzi at the top is an inspired choice though.

Man brings something new to the table every time, unlike a lot of characters who just constantly recycle the same base premise.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I do like the Good One Robot in the picture.

edit: Mrs. Potts before Huell loving Howser, S my D list

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 8, 2020

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

That Fabrice Fabrice is ranked above Don DiMello tells you everything you need to know about how to regard that list.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

where the hell is little dammit man?!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do like Big Dawg being so high up. But yeah, that list order isn't great. It did remind me of some older eps I need to check out, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

No Cactus Tony on that list makes me want to give them an assisted fall.