Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/appletv/status/1237407880858357760?s=21

I love Bob's Burgers. This looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Timby posted:

Out of "obnoxious personalities on Food Network," he's mid-tier at worst.

I don't know man. That show "Throwdown! with Bobby Flay" where he goes around challenging other cooks at what they do was basically "Bobby Flay Comes To poo poo In Your Yard". That's a pretty lovely concept.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

nate fisher posted:

Since I discovered all the great food related content on YouTube, I have given up the Food Network ghost. I would take Brad and Claire from Bon Appetit over any Food Network personality.

I've gotta wonder how much these guys get paid, because I can't imagine they haven't been courted by the Food Network as the host of their own series at this point.

If they actually did jump ship to do their own shows elsewhere it'd probably be a disaster, though. The chemistry amongst the chefs in the test kitchen and the fact that they're all so comfortable in front of the cameras would be really difficult to replicate elsewhere.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTtUv8gSm8

Man it's gonna be crazy where this tech is in like five years

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJB5W2beVZ0

Neural network voice-cloning is also advancing at a rapid rate, so soon we'll just be able to swap out any actor in a movie for any other actor of our choice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1237756347497811969

Well I guess they didn't let him off easy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

nate fisher posted:

Since I discovered all the great food related content on YouTube, I have given up the Food Network ghost. I would take Brad and Claire from Bon Appetit over any Food Network personality.

The crossover somebody(?) asked for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEn-m3R0R5o

Both look really loving delicious though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
While none his victims will every get actual justice, I hope they can take a small amount of satisfaction in knowing that that fat piece of poo poo is never going to touch a woman again and will likely die in a cell.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1237756347497811969

Well I guess they didn't let him off easy

I hate to be the cynic here but the dude's rich as gently caress. I'm betting he ends up with 5 years or some poo poo eventually after appeals. Hopefully he'll die before that though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think you LIKE to be the cynic!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

Fun fact: Back in the day I got a screener dvd for the Chopped pilot as part of some consumer research program. Originally the show had a plot where the contestants were brought to a mansion to serve courses to a billionaire. The losing dishes were fed to his little dog.

e: And now I see this info is on wikipedia so it's not so cool.

I remember hearing Ted Allen describing the pilot in an interview years ago and thinking back to how strange some of the early Food Network programming was.

Also have to give credit to Food Network for giving Mark Dacascos such a big platform for a decade.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Croatoan posted:

I hate to be the cynic here but the dude's rich as gently caress. I'm betting he ends up with 5 years or some poo poo eventually after appeals. Hopefully he'll die before that though.

68 going to big boy prison for 5 years is a death sentence. And this is just these charges, he has charges in California too. He's going to die in jail.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Does Netflix have any good sci-fi TV shows or even movies? I mean actual good ones. No anime plz

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BillWeirCNN/status/1237760629995458560

Wait, we were or weren't supposed to leverage our positions of power to sexually abuse and assault dozens of women?

Croatoan posted:

Does Netflix have any good sci-fi TV shows or even movies? I mean actual good ones. No anime plz

I like Lost in Space. Travellers is one of the better time travel series I've seen.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What is he even trying to say with "losing die process"? He was tried and found guilty in a court of law, that's the process.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Croatoan posted:

Among recent releases, I liked See You Yesterday and Horse Girl. Weren't absolutely amazing masterpieces but both were enjoyable.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Croatoan posted:

Season 1 of Altered Carbon is pretty good, gets a bit sloppy at the end though. Avoid season 2 at all costs.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Season 1 of Altered Carbon is pretty good, gets a bit sloppy at the end though. Avoid season 2 at all costs.

Yeah I just got through episode 1 of season two and it's not good. I'll check out those other two shows, thanks! Also I guess I need to get back into Expanse. I'm still stuck on season 2 I think.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

feedmyleg posted:

I've gotta wonder how much these guys get paid, because I can't imagine they haven't been courted by the Food Network as the host of their own series at this point.

If they actually did jump ship to do their own shows elsewhere it'd probably be a disaster, though. The chemistry amongst the chefs in the test kitchen and the fact that they're all so comfortable in front of the cameras would be really difficult to replicate elsewhere.

The past decade of television programming has largely been driven by a shift from networks airing shows made by other studios to networks wanting to own and produce everything they air since exclusivity is so important and also to keep Netflix et al from getting a piece of the pie, I imagine that mindset goes completely against the independent creators and parasocial audiences of online cooking shows where they don't want to give up the brand they spent their entire life building up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Youre in here asking for sci fi recs and you’re not even caught up on the Expanse yet, smh

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hey man, I had to put it on my Plex server because Amazon's interface makes me want to not use it.

Also, Matt Lucas is replacing Sandi Toksvig on The Great British Bake Off. I really don't like Matt Lucas, he's so cornbally but I guess I started to like Noel after a while so

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's very brave for an egg to host a cooking show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Croatoan posted:

Guy is gonna get Coronavirus 30 seconds after entering prison.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Croatoan posted:

Also, Matt Lucas is replacing Sandi Toksvig on The Great British Bake Off. I really don't like Matt Lucas, he's so cornbally but I guess I started to like Noel after a while so

I only know him from Doctor Who, he was good in that. I pretty much only watch the show for Noel Fielding.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I like Matt, but it'll be a shame to lose Sandi.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Croatoan posted:

Yeah I just got through episode 1 of season two and it's not good. I'll check out those other two shows, thanks! Also I guess I need to get back into Expanse. I'm still stuck on season 2 I think.

Lost in Space is extraordinarily tedious. Watch it if you want to see a two-hour pilot's worth of plot stretched like silly putty to cover an entire season and stuffed with soooooo muuuuuch pointless filler.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah lost in space has such clumsy writing that it becomes hard to enjoy in any way.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

swickles posted:

Guy is gonna get Coronavirus 30 seconds after entering prison.

As The Stand has taught me, the last place you want to be during a pandemic is prison.

Mu Zeta posted:

The crossover somebody(?) asked for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEn-m3R0R5o

Both look really loving delicious though

Didn't know about this, but I'm going to watch it tonight.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

nate fisher posted:

As The Stand has taught me, the last place you want to be during a pandemic is prison.

oh yeah. prisons are entirely unequipped for this outbreak, multiple prisoner activists have been quoted saying basically that. No one gives a poo poo about them because in America if you're in prison you're not seen as a person any more, regardless of the severity of your crime.

but on the bright side maybe some of them are getting jobs! (that pay literally cents per hour and are basically slave labor!)

https://twitter.com/BeingFarhad/status/1237698254298439680

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also, even though they make it there, hand sanitizer is considered contraband in prison.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Just read the Sepinwall review of WestWorld season 3, and it sounds like the same ole poo poo as always. As someone who thought even season 1 was flawed (it had hints of greatness tho), I have never cared for it's writing (honestly it is not that good). I was going to give season 3 a try after seeing the trailer, but I will wait to see what the reaction on here is first.

That said finally started watching Avenue 5 again (I bailed after the first episode), and it is for sure a show that gets better as it goes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nate fisher posted:

Just read the Sepinwall review of WestWorld season 3, and it sounds like the same ole poo poo as always. As someone who thought even season 1 was flawed (it had hints of greatness tho), I have never cared for it's writing (honestly it is not that good). I was going to give season 3 a try after seeing the trailer, but I will wait to see what the reaction on here is first.

Yeah same and same. I just read that review and it's pretty damning of the show's mediocrity, but it's always been a bit mediocre. Just expensive and expansive and pretty, but basically hollow.

Its big reveal - pain makes us grow - is just greeting card unfriendly pablum.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LOL, that's the big reveal? That was half of season 2!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

McSpanky posted:

LOL, that's the big reveal? That was half of season 2!

I meant the bit at the end of season 1 where Hannibal "reveals" the reason why he's been an abusive nutcase all season.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Once again the people calling a show stupid tell on themselves by having the most facile reading of it possible.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I meant the bit at the end of season 1 where Hannibal "reveals" the reason why he's been an abusive nutcase all season.

The show's been spinning its wheels so much, it's hard to tell.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Is there an Expanse thread? I am almost through season 3 and have a few questions of things I may have missed. Or if someone can point me to an episode guide or something, that should sort it out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

swickles posted:

Is there an Expanse thread? I am almost through season 3 and have a few questions of things I may have missed. Or if someone can point me to an episode guide or something, that should sort it out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906760

Here's the thread, I'm kind of in your same boat though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Khanstant posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906760

Here's the thread, I'm kind of in your same boat though.

Gracias!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/RFaughnder/status/1237908717649014784

What the gently caress