Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Highlights from Issaquah, WA warehouse:
-line around side of building before opening
-huge line for toilet paper but they appeared to have a lot. Limited to 2 a member
-I made a beeline for pharmacy and snagged two bottles of hand sanitizer, they were totally out by 9:50am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

They almost got me with that exclusive 2% back bullshit, they told me it was an exclusive offer only for that weekend, I told them NO!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't go to Costco nearly enough to justify my executive membership. I'm going to cancel it today.

Yeah that was my feeling too. Also minor whinge but the cheques were a pain because I would always forget them at home or even forget to pull them out when at the store.

And if you don’t end up making enough back to pay for it doing a refund on the exec membership is an additional hassle.

Honestly with what a madhouse costco is even before the pandemic craziness I find I don’t really like to go there that much if possible. Sad. :(

The online store is pretty good though and they have gotten way better at quick shipments it seems.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I upgraded my membership to Executive the day before I booked my trip through Costco travel and made it back and then some instantly :cool:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I buy enough sweet sweet gasoline alone to justify my executive membership.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

The online store is pretty good though and they have gotten way better at quick shipments it seems.

But that takes away from the wonderful Costco experience!

I walk very fast and man, I like shopping but I can't stand slow people. Costco tends to draw slower people and the carts are huge so it's quite the test of my patience. I still wish I was on klonopin because it was much easier handling that nonsense. Now I'm afraid I'm going to say something to someone and I'm normally not like that. My church isn't even bad. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes in a line unless someone has an obscene amount of poo poo or is some fuckup who somehow has to have a discussion with the cashier on how to purchase something.

Deep breaths.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Chinatown posted:

Hate to break it to you, but gasoline doesn't qualify for executive

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1205/~/what-is-an-executive-membership%3F

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You can cancel and get a refund for your executive membership at renewal time if your check doesn't justify having had it over the last year. May as well keep it if you don't need the 60 bucks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

What I'm saying is that I save enough money buying Costco vs brand name gas that it pays for my membership fee. A rough calculation shows I save around $250-$300 annually over going to Shell or wherever.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I, on the other hand, buy enough sweet sweet tires and batteries to justify executive membership.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Right, but you could save an extra 60 just getting the gold star instead of executive.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

Only way to break the TP scarcity issue is to flood the market with Kirland 2-ply.

oh god. Might as well be using printer paper...hmmm ya know what :thunk:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hackan Slash posted:

Right, but you could save an extra 60 just getting the gold star instead of executive.

I also go into the store and purchase products in sufficient quantity to justify the Executive membership. Plus my Citi Costco Rewards Visa. :D

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

But that takes away from the wonderful Costco experience!

I walk very fast and man, I like shopping but I can't stand slow people. Costco tends to draw slower people and the carts are huge so it's quite the test of my patience. I still wish I was on klonopin because it was much easier handling that nonsense. Now I'm afraid I'm going to say something to someone and I'm normally not like that. My church isn't even bad. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes in a line unless someone has an obscene amount of poo poo or is some fuckup who somehow has to have a discussion with the cashier on how to purchase something.

Deep breaths.

The Costco by my work has install pickup lockers for buying online and picking up in-store, not sure if they've been activated yet. This seems like a dream to me for those quick pick Costco shopping trips.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

They almost got me with that exclusive 2% back bullshit, they told me it was an exclusive offer only for that weekend, I told them NO!

I went to get my membership a couple months ago, and the guy kept pushing the executive card on me.

He kept telling me he was in no way making commission, so it didn't matter if I signed up or not. However, he was really insistent on me signing up and kept being pushy. That's a surefire way to make sure I never sign up for anything bozo :cool:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not sure how comfortable I am sharing a thread with non-executive members honestly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

The Costco by my work has install pickup lockers for buying online and picking up in-store, not sure if they've been activated yet. This seems like a dream to me for those quick pick Costco shopping trips.

So you go to Costco, don't deal with the customers, get to pick up your high quality product, AND get a hot dog and drink (with refill)? :aaaaa:

ps, I've never seen lockers but that's neat.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Enos Cabell posted:

Not sure how comfortable I am sharing a thread with non-executive members honestly.

*coughs on you*

*sneezes on cart*

*picks up and puts down produce*

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Highlights from Issaquah, WA warehouse:
-line around side of building before opening
-huge line for toilet paper but they appeared to have a lot. Limited to 2 a member
-I made a beeline for pharmacy and snagged two bottles of hand sanitizer, they were totally out by 9:50am

9:55 Sanitizer gone. 136 bottles gone before official opening

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have executive membership and the reward is usually enough to make my net membership renewal a bit less than what the normal membership would be so it's worth it there.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

So you go to Costco, don't deal with the customers, get to pick up your high quality product, AND get a hot dog and drink (with refill)? :aaaaa:

ps, I've never seen lockers but that's neat.

Looks to only be for online orders at the moment and on small, high-dollar items. Stuff you wouldn't want handing around on a porch like laptops and jewlery.
https://www.costco.com/order-online-pickup-warehouse.html

Here's what it looks like

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Chinatown posted:

I also go into the store and purchase products in sufficient quantity to justify the Executive membership. Plus my Citi Costco Rewards Visa. :D

The visa is also not part of executive, I get 2% back from Costco without paying $60. I just don’t get the extra 2% on top of that from executive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

teardrop posted:

The visa is also not part of executive, I get 2% back from Costco without paying $60. I just don’t get the extra 2% on top of that from executive.

:ok:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Meydey posted:

9:55 Sanitizer gone. 136 bottles gone before official opening

Oh yeah if I hadn’t gone there first they would have all been gone. Glad to see they were limiting stuff like that and TP to two per customer.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Chinatown posted:

What I'm saying is that I save enough money buying Costco vs brand name gas that it pays for my membership fee. A rough calculation shows I save around $250-$300 annually over going to Shell or wherever.

I hesitate to even bring up the whole gas thing again but even if I drove nearly enough to save that much money over other gas stations I'd still almost never go to Costco for gas. I know everyone has a different experience but my store is always, always, always such a long wait for gas it's never worth my time to save the few bucks over somewhere else.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Barry posted:

I hesitate to even bring up the whole gas thing again but even if I drove nearly enough to save that much money over other gas stations I'd still almost never go to Costco for gas. I know everyone has a different experience but my store is always, always, always such a long wait for gas it's never worth my time to save the few bucks over somewhere else.

I usually get gas on the way home in the evenings. Usually after 7pm so its really easy. But yeah mid-day and weekends are insane.

Awhile back I watched two old men bump cars and neither noticed and both drove off. :stare:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Church was a mess, no tp available.
Boomers still scared of self check out.

I managed to get in and out nice and easy, and even got a pepperoni communion wafer.

Gas was a cluster gently caress when I pulled in, but when I left there was no line.

:iiam:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

kloa posted:

I went to get my membership a couple months ago, and the guy kept pushing the executive card on me.

He kept telling me he was in no way making commission, so it didn't matter if I signed up or not. However, he was really insistent on me signing up and kept being pushy. That's a surefire way to make sure I never sign up for anything bozo :cool:

I know Sam's Clubs will have regional or district competitions for which store can get the most card signups over a weekend and the winning store gets like a pizza party (also the store management gets a huge loving cash bonus). I would assume the same here.

I'm in MN, and haven't seen the huge runs on tp yet around here. But I bought some of those Grillo's pickle chips, holy poo poo these are good.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah if I hadn’t gone there first they would have all been gone. Glad to see they were limiting stuff like that and TP to two per customer.

Except I didn't get one :(
Wanna sell me your second bottle?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

phosdex posted:

I know Sam's Clubs will have regional or district competitions for which store can get the most card signups over a weekend and the winning store gets like a pizza party (also the store management gets a huge loving cash bonus). I would assume the same here.

I'm in MN, and haven't seen the huge runs on tp yet around here. But I bought some of those Grillo's pickle chips, holy poo poo these are good.

That was my thought, it's not a commission but maybe a bonus or perc for getting a number of sign-ups.

The lot of yall that don't spend over $2,500 blow my mind. I go every couple of weeks and spend a hundred each time, that's the minimum spend right there. I got back around $100-110 this year. Tires help. So does an 8 quart capacity for oil in the pickup so there's two packs of Mobil. Also living like an animal and being excited for the same breakfast burrito every day, the same packs of chips, and a constant tub of Bitchin Sauce.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Meydey posted:

Except I didn't get one :(
Wanna sell me your second bottle?

91% Isopropyl alcohol and some vegetable glycerin is all you need for great hand sanitizer. I have the alcohol already because it's great for cleaning all sorts of stuff, just got some glycerin to mix my own batches.
You really only need the isopropyl to sanitize but you want something to prevent your skin from drying out, glycerin is for that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got back. It wasn't too bad. I got my reward and downgraded to Gold and got $60 back for that. So I got $400. Ended up spending $220 which is one of my biggest Costco hauls, not including big ticket items like TVs or computers that I got. But a 3/4ths full cart.

I got two Michelin wiper blades for $12 which is excellent. I got my frozen Yakisoba noodles which I really enjoy. I think someone mentioned the frozen veggie fritatas so I'm trying those out. I got a nice windbreaker jacket for freaking $13. They had Kirkland brand jeans for $13 so I'm trying those. They didn't have the Urban Star jeans out but I asked about them and the lady said she was about to stock them so to come back in 15 minutes. I picked a pair of that up for $13. I got two pair of convertible pants (shut up I'm a hiker and I don't turn them into shorts) for $20 each. I also got a pack of Smart Water because apparently the bottles are reusable and really good for hiking. Some other minor things.

Looking at my receipt I think I got triple charged for Kleenex. One of them is voided but the other isn't. How do I go about this? How do I prove that I didn't take another one home?

oh and I saw these chicken bakes. Are these the ones from the food court? I've never had one of those before.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 11, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I don't like the chicken bake. I will NOT apologize. :colbert:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

How about Assoline ??

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ok I actually did the live chat customer service about my triple kleenex charge minus the one voided. They said that if it's under $20 (it's $19.49 before tax), they'd be able to help me through the chat tomorrow since purchases don't show up until the next day. They asked if I wanted tax back, which I'm guessing would put it over $20, and I said I don't care.

So I'm guessing they'll just give me credit or something right over the internets. Cool.

edit: PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Derpies posted:

How about Assoline ??

I don't think Costco carries it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

I don't think Costco carries it.

Check the family planning mega section my man :nexus:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Derpies posted:

Check the family planning mega section my man :nexus:

That poo poo is Utah exclusive.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

I don't like the chicken bake. I will NOT apologize. :colbert:

:mad:

Thats it! The last straw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fashionably Great posted:

The panic has hit the Midwest full force. I'm not sad to see the samples gone, but I'm almost out of paper towels and I'm not going to punch some boomer over the last package.

Seriously, how's the $30 bidet, y'all? Some of the reviews complain about leakage after a year but I'm more concerned with ease of installation and use, and also if I'm making a huge mistake not spending more for a model that has a hot/cold option. Turns out I shouldn't be worried about toilet paper because the sewer line leading out of the house needs $3k in repairs and the plumber advised us to not flush TP until it's fixed :v:

I bought a $30 one from Lowe’s and it’s held up fine for two years. It’s not heated but it doesn’t feel cold at all.

I kind of like being able to aim it sink-sprayer style.