Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1233383598885101569?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Me when I am minding my business and this thread rips my soul from my body and sends it hurtling through Fitchtime to the year of our lord 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

crying from laughing so hard

https://twitter.com/mmanews_com/status/1233518500632842240

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Akiyama looking drat fine

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

All is fine in the world of now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ah man I was hoping for a lawsuit about who owned the fake fighting belt.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Invicta Phoenix Series 3 so far has been p good

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Thanks! I tuned in just in time to see the omaplata-back take. She shoulda finished that strangle though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Did these girls not cut weight or something? If someone had told me this was a 115 tournament I wouldn't have second-guessed it. None of them look like 35ers.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So Invicta's open scoring is actually pretty well-considered. The commissioners show the scores on an ipad to the corner, and then the corner decides whether to tell the fighter.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This Invicta FC title fight between a 0-1 UFC fighter and an undefeated nobody is loving brutal as gently caress

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1236150433556684800

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1236149625586954241

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 7, 2020

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
More blood to the MMA gods!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is fight of the year nominee for sure. It has flying banzai elbows, a deep mir lock attempt, and so much blood. Neither of these girls has any sense of self preservation.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1236152585310044160

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Omg the amount of blood just pouring when he gave her water

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holy gently caress both cutmen are working on the one girl now post-fight

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sam Neil looked more healthy in Event Horizon.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
WE NEED GIFS

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

So Invicta's open scoring is actually pretty well-considered. The commissioners show the scores on an ipad to the corner, and then the corner decides whether to tell the fighter.

Interesting concept.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Paddy Pimblett is fighting a dude named Decky Dalton.

B-leagues, never change.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When I still had FightPass, Invicta was always a great watch. Mostly because these women will not loving die. They'll go 3 rounds with concussions for the MMA equivalent of hotdogs and handshakes. Insanity.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

coconono posted:

When I still had FightPass, Invicta was always a great watch. Mostly because these women will not loving die. They'll go 3 rounds with concussions for the MMA equivalent of hotdogs and handshakes. Insanity.

One of my favorite Invicta moments was when their Brazilian translator turned out to also be one of the women fighting on that card :allears:

And also any time Angela Hill or Roxy fought.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

One of my favorite Invicta moments was when their Brazilian translator turned out to also be one of the women fighting on that card :allears:

And also any time Angela Hill or Roxy fought.

Laura Sanko fought on an early Invicta!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/JamesGoyder/status/1237683202711375879?s=19

Combat Sports Retirements: Literally Worthless.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

knowing jwp he probably still considers himself retired but was getting bored on the weekends

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
bellator for tonight is canceled or postponed or whatever

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

my favorite insane russians, the Brothers Shemetov aren't letting a global pandemic stop them from being insane

https://twitter.com/shemetov_vitaly/status/1241932759611908103?s=19

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Just found this amazing anecdote about Rampage successfully psyching someone out:

quote:

M-1Global.com: Quinton Jackson gave you a note before the fight (Pride 22). What was written there?

Igor Vovchanchyn: He asked me not to beat him hard. It’s just a psychological hook – to frustrate your opponent no matter how. And it played out more or less well. I was thinking about what was written there because nobody would translate it to me prior to the fight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Just found this amazing anecdote about Rampage successfully psyching someone out:

I remember hearing that story back in the day and laughing my rear end off. It's so great.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

I know it was from after the fight and from UFC, but can someone post the dribbling dick note Chris Leben taped to a Cadbury and gave to Mark Munoz after their fight?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I forgot Mark Munoz even existed til just now :v:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I forgot Mark Munoz even existed til just now :v:

He participated in that promotion vs promotion grappling tournament a bit back and he got chunky

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheKingslayer posted:

He participated in that promotion vs promotion grappling tournament a bit back and he got chunky

A bit? He was basically that big chungus bugs bunny.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CommonShore posted:

A bit? He was basically that big chungus bugs bunny.

Yeah I was being nice but my dude morphed into Mark Hunt. I honestly thought that's who it was. Seemed like an odd choice for a grappling tournament but I was willing to see how it played out.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah I was being nice but my dude morphed into Mark Hunt. I honestly thought that's who it was. Seemed like an odd choice for a grappling tournament but I was willing to see how it played out.

Wasn’t that the one where they went by the combined weight of each team? Lol at burning your draft credits on a chonky Munoz if so.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Being fat-stong is a powerful grappling skill tbh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just being a little too long in the torso is enough to mess up a lot of grapplers.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wasn’t that the one where they went by the combined weight of each team? Lol at burning your draft credits on a chonky Munoz if so.

Yeah the team was Anthony Smith, Mark Munoz, Clay Guida and Durinho.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah the team was Anthony Smith, Clay Guida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Amazing.