Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Argue posted:

I'm going to make a house that has nothing but a hoard of toilet paper and canned goods, which I'm assuming are things that I'll be able to find in the game.

TP, hand sanitizer, and masks should be 999,999 bells each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

cosmo sex tip posted:

Nine days and counting, y'all, get hype! :3: Added myself to the spreadsheet in preparation of my excellent Beach-Boys themed island. I'm looking forward to waterfalls and careful planting of a Perfect/Foreign fruit orchard!

Has the Town Tunes Creator been posted yet? could be helpful for some folks wanting to whip something up custom ahead of time!

(can i have a gang tag too btw)

Trying my best to make the haunted mansion organ tune in this thing

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Idia posted:

Brought the digital preorder instead of Nintendo having a release day event for it. Not betting on any large events during a pandemic. I really hope that we could play it on the 19th at 9PM. Where was this rumor confirmed? I did see that the code for a 7 day online trial would be available by the same time but not the game?

It would depend on where you live? If you live on the west coast of North America, it would unlock at that time because Nintendo releases unlock at 12am EST in North America.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILVdHewOZ8

Tobe, Gundam!

Nailed it, gently caress zeon

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

cosmo sex tip posted:

Nine days and counting, y'all, get hype! :3: Added myself to the spreadsheet in preparation of my excellent Beach-Boys themed island. I'm looking forward to waterfalls and careful planting of a Perfect/Foreign fruit orchard!

Has the Town Tunes Creator been posted yet? could be helpful for some folks wanting to whip something up custom ahead of time!

(can i have a gang tag too btw)

I have no skill in music, but thank you for sharing this so that hopefully I can benefit from someone else's skill.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I'm working through my hype for this game by listening to a poo poo ton of KK Slider remixes of pop songs on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6FYAu0i8s

Next Friday can't get here soon enough.

Edit: holy poo poo I never knew how much I needed KK Slider in 4-part harmony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abzFk2SlFD8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So heeeeeeeey VideoGames made me an IK for realises.

Which means I get to abuse my powers and will queue up gangtags until the launch of AC:NH.
After that, you'll need to buy them.

I'll do the next batch when I get home from work today.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1fTBfaztdw

Now do Zeta/Neil Sedaka

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you kindly for all your efforts for the gang tag, Infinitum, LITERALLY A BIRD, mutata, and broken pixel!

Nemo2342 posted:

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237582918177837057

You can draw on the bulletin board. You know what this means.
I'm going to plaster my drat bulletin board with so many hyper realistic dick renders you have no idea. :awesome: (I will not do this to any other islands I visit unless the host specifically encourages it.)

Shoehead posted:

I'm ready for this game to come out already. So I went and tried to plan out my island. Normally I'm a bit anal with this kind of thing but the tools are kind of hard to get a grip on and I wasn't really patient enough to see how far I could stretch it.

:perfect:

Becklespinax posted:

Am I too late for a raccoon goon tag??

As an offering I have this octosquad art that Squats drew for me from the New Leaf days to remind you all that octopus villagers are the best villagers:

Aww, I'm so happy you saved that. :kimchi: Beckles definitely deserves to be a Raccoon Goon if Idiot King tagging powers are still usable!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Infinitum posted:

Which means I get to abuse my powers and will queue up gangtags until the launch of AC:NH.

:toot: You're a peach. Thanks, friend.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh poo poo how do I get a sweet gangtag? I want a huge collection of them. I already preordered the game :bubblewoop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Okay, maybe I'll go all-in turbonerd and do something like:
DeepOcean9

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Infinitum posted:

:toot:

goongratulations

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

it makes me super happy to see all the raccoon goon tags, thank you :kimchi:

e: I just noticed you even fixed the space in my avatar :eyepop:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 11, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Best I could do by ear: Blue Star of Love. Bonus Richie Kotzen cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRp0GJIbOuc

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Every new Animal Crossing release reminds me of an ex girlfriend who was driven mad by the original.

I was living with her and we both were playing the original gamecube animal crossing. I'd wake up earlier than her because of work so I'd go around finding the fossils, buying stuff at Nooks to fill out the catalog, find the bell tree, etc. My girlfriend never mentioned that she was pissed at my apparant monopoly on all things animal crossing.

So one day I wake up and load the save and the town has become a weed filled dystopian hellscape. She cut down all of the trees, loaded my character, sold all of my furniture, and left me with zero bells.

I was aghast. When I asked her why she did it she yelled "Because you buy loving EVERYTHING!". I told her that she was pretty immature for doing that and then she took the memory card out of the gamecube and chucked it off our balcony.

We eventually broke up. Thank you Tom Nook, for saving me from that insanity.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Aww yeah, reppin' the gang tag. Thanks!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PneumonicBook posted:

Every new Animal Crossing release reminds me of an ex girlfriend who was driven mad by the original.

I was living with her and we both were playing the original gamecube animal crossing. I'd wake up earlier than her because of work so I'd go around finding the fossils, buying stuff at Nooks to fill out the catalog, find the bell tree, etc. My girlfriend never mentioned that she was pissed at my apparant monopoly on all things animal crossing.

So one day I wake up and load the save and the town has become a weed filled dystopian hellscape. She cut down all of the trees, loaded my character, sold all of my furniture, and left me with zero bells.

I was aghast. When I asked her why she did it she yelled "Because you buy loving EVERYTHING!". I told her that she was pretty immature for doing that and then she took the memory card out of the gamecube and chucked it off our balcony.

We eventually broke up. Thank you Tom Nook, for saving me from that insanity.

it's a power move, really

e: oh and thanks for the gang tag!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Squats posted:

I'm going to plaster my drat bulletin board with so many hyper realistic dick renders you have no idea. :awesome: (I will not do this to any other islands I visit unless the host specifically encourages it.)

:perfect:

So who is going to name their island BONE ZONE and fill it with fossils and/or dicks?

Infinitum posted:

Neat! Thanks for fixing my busted avatar.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GoodBee posted:

So who is going to name their island BONE ZONE and fill it with fossils and/or dicks?

after seeing we can put dinosaurs outside I am tempted to call my island Bone Zone, not gonna lie

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GoodBee posted:

I'm sharing my island with my husband, and it's definitely going to be called some variant of Bone Zone, on suggestion from folks earlier when I asked for island name suggestions. Probably won't carry it that far, though.

In fact I was thinking I'd call it Le BonZone, as we're going to make the island look like a Polynesian resort. Bon is French for good and it's pronounced like bone. Plausible deniability! Maybe we can put some accents in there too to Frenchify it more.

I am getting way too hyped for this game. I realized I could use the other player houses to make resort facilities! Like a gym, or a pool, or a cafe! Hell, how about THEMED restaurants?! Curry restaurant, spooky restaurant, smoothie bar by the beach?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA help this game is going to consume my life.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/PaulRitchey/status/1237795309226524673?s=20

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

signed

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The only humane and honest solution, really.

e: Six years of noob avatar erased by Raccoon Goons, this is the life

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

jackhunter64 posted:

Best I could do by ear: Blue Star of Love. Bonus Richie Kotzen cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRp0GJIbOuc

Fuckin' right on, thanks. I was trying to do that but apparently failed to work out how to make it hold the note.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

They just closed down everything in Denmark for two weeks, so please, I’m begging you nintendo

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

That music editor is great.

I'll probably go with Bink's Sake, without going full One Piece themed or anything. It's a nice happy sea shanty, perfect for island life.

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

Yes please!!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Added everyone who's currently on the excel spreadsheet in the OP.

Add me back, and add your names to the list if you haven't already! :buddy:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Shiny new gang tag, many thanks!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Nthing the 'taking March 20th off' sentiment.
I'm not sure if the Jaws theme would translate well into the town tune creator, maybe I should do another ocean or horror movie theme? Maybe another Spielberg movie? (Jurrasic park comes to mind.)

Also, thank you for the gang tag :3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone done Giorno's theme from JoJos?

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Yooo I'm a mad lurker but I'll still take a gang tag if you're cool with it

I can't wait to lose my waking life to this dumb baby game. I've blasted everyone in the spreadsheet with a friend request, since this is the first Animal Crossing I'll be able to play with actual decent internet, so I'm really looking forward to all the fruit sharings and dick drawings

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This is my first time preordering a game from Amazon with guaranteed delivery on the release date, can anyone comment on their expedience?

I just wanna play this poo poo at like 8am but I know I'll have to wait... :sigh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

This is my first time preordering a game from Amazon with guaranteed delivery on the release date, can anyone comment on their expedience?

I just wanna play this poo poo at like 8am but I know I'll have to wait... :sigh:

I've had it work on time the couple times I've pre-ordered, and I'm in "eh, getting it to the local post office by the delivery date counts" territory.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
high quality tune, please do not steal

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=G-z-c-z-z-C-z-A-G-z-c-z-z-z-z-z&title=New%20Melody

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've had it work on time the couple times I've pre-ordered, and I'm in "eh, getting it to the local post office by the delivery date counts" territory.

Hmm. I'm contemplating changing it to the digital code, cause I always buy a cartridge thinking "well I can sell this later!" ...but then I never sell it later. :psyduck:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Hmm. I'm contemplating changing it to the digital code, cause I always buy a cartridge thinking "well I can sell this later!" ...but then I never sell it later. :psyduck:

I've made a bunch in occasional resales do I often go for physical, but I'd vote for digital on this one just because it's a game that would probably get swapped in and out enough to be annoying with a cartridge.

vvv Also a good point

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Johnny Truant posted:

Given the way world events are currently playing out i wouldn't put much stock in "this will be delivered by this date, guaranteed"