Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does Gargano still dress like 90s Cartoon Wolverine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Gargano's interview was comical. He's just incapable of coming across as anything but a dork.

Mauro put in a decent performance but it was still impossible to take seriously.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

coconono posted:

Does Gargano still dress like 90s Cartoon Wolverine?

He dresses like a different 90s cartoon every time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Incessant Excess posted:

Mauro put in a decent performance but it was still impossible to take seriously.

It's also very stupid because his Finn feud and now this feud are all about him being denied a moment. The prize for Gargano is just being cheered in NXT.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

He dresses like a different 90s cartoon every time.

Just waiting on him coming out at a Takeover as Angelica Pickles.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Astro7x posted:

Don’t you love how wins and loses don’t matter?

Yeah intentionally losing and getting rewarded with (presumably) a title shot sucks, even if tricking Cole is good.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Being Minor League Johnny isn’t just a nickname, it’s a mindset and way of life.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As terribly booked as the women's cage match was, the wrestling was still good, especially from Tegan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What happened with the women's cage? I feel like I've read/heard absolutely nothing about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really enjoyed it and really want a final matchup between them at Takeover.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

STAC Goat posted:

What happened with the women's cage? I feel like I've read/heard absolutely nothing about it.

They did a cage match because someone who hasn't watched a WWE cage match in 25 years thought it would stop Raquel from interfering. Dakota won after constant interference from Raquel.

Also I just got around to watching DIY Vs moustache mountain, and that sure felt silly when Ciampa took a burning hammer diving knee strike combo and kicked out, then a two man burning hammer, into pulling Trent on top to take Tyler's senton while Ciampa was unhurt.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tegan and Dakota work well together, which isn't a surprise. I still think Dakota works better as a face, but at least she's getting some wins now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

They did a cage match because someone who hasn't watched a WWE cage match in 25 years thought it would stop Raquel from interfering. Dakota won after constant interference from Raquel.

This is a really bad trap to fall into, and honestly, even AEW did it with having MJF intefere in the cage match with Cody a few weeks back (although that wasn't as egregious as the cage stip there was more 'so Cody can't escape WARDLOW') because for interfering in a cage match to get a reaction, you need to establish that it actually stops interference most of the time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I love the thing where a face has the stable guy in the cage and his lackies are trying to climb and the face is just knocking them off. That's fun.

Its just that if you're booking a cage match to keep out interference, and then you have the interference, and the heel wins... then what was the point? What story did you tell?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That the heel is cool and smart and the babyface is bad and dumb

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Also I just got around to watching DIY Vs moustache mountain, and that sure felt silly when Ciampa took a burning hammer diving knee strike combo and kicked out, then a two man burning hammer, into pulling Trent on top to take Tyler's senton while Ciampa was unhurt.

Honestly struggling to think of a cage match that didn't end with interference or shenanigans. I'm sure there are a few.

I suppose the NXT-edition Wargames matches have been relatively shenanigan-free, but I don't know if they count as a "cage" match per se.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
braun vs big show was a clean as a sheet pin and submission only cage match from like 3 years ago?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

braun vs big show was a clean as a sheet pin and submission only cage match from like 3 years ago?

I completely forgot that match even happened. I remember the ring breaking, because the same poo poo happened with Brock Lesnar about 10 years prior to that.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly struggling to think of a cage match that didn't end with interference or shenanigans. I'm sure there are a few.

HIAC 2019

lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The prize for Gargano is just being cheered in NXT.

They do tell you that your character should just be yourself turned up to 11...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hirez posted:

HIAC 2019

lol

:negative:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I completely forgot that match even happened. I remember the ring breaking, because the same poo poo happened with Brock Lesnar about 10 years prior to that.

this was part of that feud but it was the blow off where Big Show was clean shaven before his recent surgery and after Braun beat him he threw Show through the cage. It ruled. Big Show wasn't wrestling like a giant who needed hip surgery in the cage match

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Saxon Huxley of NXT UK is an online friend of mine and it somehow totally escaped my notice until just now.

My mind is loving BLOWN

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This really shows how little anyone pays attention to NXT UK

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STAC Goat posted:

Tegan spent a lot of the match either getting interfered with or trying to win this grudge match via escape but it wasn't bad if you can suspend disbelief.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Saxon Huxley of NXT UK is an online friend of mine and it somehow totally escaped my notice until just now.

My mind is loving BLOWN

saxon equals joke account

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

This really shows how little anyone pays attention to NXT UK

It's more that I didn't recognize him because he's changed his look so much.

(But it's also kinda true)

That said he's a super nice guy and was one of the nicest people on the wrestling forum I posted on before navigating here, so if he's happy I'm happy for him. :)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Let's see if Dakota can win again!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol not even making the ladder match? So much for that push. Unless they have Dakota and Tegan one more time, which would be fine.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why is NXT being held in their fancy gym?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Charlotte getting "go back to Raw" chants

Full Sail was unavailable for some reason. Forget why.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

lmao dakota failed again eh?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I was gonna say "maybe they did it for their health since they didn actually do war games" and then i realized that was awhile ago and they just did a dangerous street fight and a cage match back to back. Only thing i can think of is that they're gonna face each other again at the next takeover

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Jiro posted:

Why is NXT being held in their fancy gym?

Full Sail was using FS Live for their annual hall of fame ceremony.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NXT needs to do Steen VS Generico Ladder Wars 4 to finally beat AEW

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

lol Charlotte getting "go back to Raw" chants

Full Sail was unavailable for some reason. Forget why.

This happened at the Performance Center??

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

This happened at the Performance Center??

Get used to it as Smackdown is coming from there due to COVID-19 and probably all Raw/Smackdown tapings for the next month will be too

Hell Mania will more than likely be there

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Get used to it as Smackdown is coming from there due to COVID-19 and probably all Raw/Smackdown tapings for the next month will be too

Hell Mania will more than likely be there

No I was referring to the chants.

Wasn't the NXT PC show supposed to be limited to Full Sail regulars or basically WWE stans? I thought there was an invite-only thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

No I was referring to the chants.

Wasn't the NXT PC show supposed to be limited to Full Sail regulars or basically WWE stans? I thought there was an invite-only thing.

Most WWE stans I've known over the years are super critical of the shows. They have their favorites they cheer for. But they're used to seeing those faves get cheaped out so consistently that failure is an accepted fact of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Roddy going "Boom!" himself then the "yeah!" afterwards