Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped in after work and there was zero toilet paper or even paper towels to be found. That entire section was full of bottled water instead. Glad that I bought an extra package last time the Charmin was on sale.

Also got a dog, no seeds, but forgot to snap a pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Enos Cabell posted:

Stopped in after work and there was zero toilet paper or even paper towels to be found. That entire section was full of bottled water instead.

Exact same. Mine was in NW Ohio. There was a line of carts trying to get to the back of the store, and a line of carts u-turning and coming back empty.

I really wonder at the national run on TP.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teardrop posted:

The visa is also not part of executive, I get 2% back from Costco without paying $60. I just dont get the extra 2% on top of that from executive.

Oh wait really? I like the card and money back from that, but it doesn't have to be exectuive to qualify? Hmm.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

Exact same. Mine was in NW Ohio. There was a line of carts trying to get to the back of the store, and a line of carts u-turning and coming back empty.

I really wonder at the national run on TP.
It’s a complete microcosm if the idiot panic monkey see america black friday boomer brain

oh god everyone else is buy up they’re running stories on the mass media I too better stock up too they must know something I don’t and oh god they’re to running out there’s only 5 bundles left I better grab them just incase gogogogo

now stocking up and shelves being empty on pasta, beans, lentils, etc makes sense because you can’t whisk and mcguyver food out of thin air but just take a loving shower or use some automotive rags. Stocking up on water tho is also dumb af for 90% of America but especially for west and east coasters

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I live less than a mile from one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. I just run my faucets 24/7 to provide white noise so I don't feel so lonely.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Xaris posted:

oh god everyone else is buy up they’re running stories on the mass media I too better stock up too they must know something I don’t and oh god they’re to running out there’s only 5 bundles left I better grab them just incase gogogogo

dont doxx me

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I unfortunately chose tomorrow to make my normal Costco run. And I'm running low on toilet paper and paper towels.

It's going to be a poo poo show considering current events. People are going to be extra crazy I think.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

oh and I saw these chicken bakes. Are these the ones from the food court? I've never had one of those before.

I bought some of these and sad to say they aren't nearly as good as the food court ones. I used the microwave to prepare them and they come out very dry. Like a worse hot pocket.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

belt posted:

I bought some of these and sad to say they aren't nearly as good as the food court ones. I used the microwave to prepare them and they come out very dry. Like a worse hot pocket.

Well there's your problem! Use the oven and it'll come out 100 times better, I'm sure.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my parents used to buy them when I was a kid and my brother and I ate the poo poo out of them. But only ever cooked them in the oven. Also they were always ice cold in the middle despite following the directors.

I wonder how they've changed in the past 20 years.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Renegret posted:

my parents used to buy them when I was a kid and my brother and I ate the poo poo out of them. But only ever cooked them in the oven. Also they were always ice cold in the middle despite following the directors.

I wonder how they've changed in the past 20 years.

Iv'e never had those, but if the thing you're cooking is coming out cold in the middle from the oven lower the temp but raise the amount of time. If you need to you can jack the temp for a few minutes at the very end to toast the outside.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Never thought I’d see the day where a goon can’t cook a glorified hot pocket but here we are.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MarcusSA posted:

Never thought I’d see the day where a goon can’t cook a glorified hot pocket but here we are.

Please, mommy brings them down to my basement already cooked. How am I supposed to know how the oven works?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The directions already called for a long time in the oven, like 30-45 minutes, which is already borderline annoying for what's supposed to be an easy lunch. So we'd just cut them in half part way through.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

MarcusSA posted:

Excuse me. I was like 10 years old.

Now that I am an adult, I have class and buy the Shoyu Ramen bowls instead. And dino chicken nuggets that we make believe is for my kid, but it's been scientifically proven that shaping processed chicken in dinosaur shapes make them taste better.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I buy so many chicken nuggets from Costco now that I have kids and I am not at all upset. I love chicken nuggets.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Costco was busy this morning. The checkout line went down the main aisle and wrapped back to the checkout area.

And they only hand you a clorox wipe! I had to manually wipe my cart! :argh:

luchajones fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 12, 2020

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
They had some soy based "nuggets" on sample a couple weeks ago and they actually tasted like chicken nuggets.
To be clear, they did not taste like chicken, but like chicken nuggets.

They keep them by the kimchi and falafel if anyone is interested

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
wait, you guys are getting kimchi?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

luchajones posted:

Costco was busy this morning. The checkout line went down the main aisle and wrapped back to the checkout area.

And they only hand you a clorox wipe! I had to manually wipe my cart! :argh:

Lol owned by big clorox

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I went to Meijer today for regular groceries. They were almost sold out of all rice, dried beans, and salt. Salt of all things. I want my big box of kosher salt because I'm almost out. I ended up getting the last slightly larger shaker. I should have looked for salt at Costco.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I made the (poor) decision to go earlier. The line to check out started in the produce section. No toilet paper or paper towels at all.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm really dreading my trip after work. I'm considering not going but I'm having guests over on Saturday for corned beef & cabbage and I was planning to get a giant corned beef + potatoes from Costco.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Renegret posted:

I'm really dreading my trip after work. I'm considering not going but I'm having guests over on Saturday for corned beef & cabbage and I was planning to get a giant corned beef + potatoes from Costco.

Quite frankly you should strongly consider not having guests over.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

just stay 6ft+ away from eachother and everyone will be fine :sun:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
how's the 'co's corned beef? Kroger has it for $3/lb, is it worth paying $4.50 for the costco brand?

seems like one of those things that might be all kinda the same thing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

TraderStav posted:

It's just my parents. And it's not like they ever go outside and expose themselves to other people other than me.

Even if they don't come, I loving love me some corned beef and cabbage so I'd make it anyway.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
more importantly

I have some filet mignon sitting in my fridge and I need an ungodly amount of garlic to go with it. It's been defrosted for a few days, so clock's ticking.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Midniter posted:

Well there's your problem! Use the oven and it'll come out 100 times better, I'm sure.

This is probably true and why I included that as a qualifier but I'm a pathetic individual and there's no way I'm waiting for 30 minutes on my snack when I can cook it in the microwave

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Currently at Church. They’ve now run out of toilet paper and the line has extended out to the freezer section.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
In case you haven't seen it yet, I spotted this at the 'Co the other day.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I use TP to create a hazmat suit before I leave home every morning.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Is this organic millet and brown rice ramen any good?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got 16 rolls left and I work from home and my kid's been at home this week with a stomach bug, only a matter of time before I spend more than half the day on the toilet.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Do you have enough toilet paper to last 14 days?

Yes -> don't buy toilet paper
No -> buy your regular supply

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

keevo posted:

Is this organic millet and brown rice ramen any good?

It's not bad. I made sesame noodles with it. Haven't tried a rameny soup use yet.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'll try it out the next time I stop by. My Costco had run out of toilet paper around 1230 today.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My wife and I were going to go after she got home from work, but one of her friends just went and the line was all the way back to the prepared foods, so I don't think that's happening. She really wants her chocolate chunk cookies too. There's only one left in the house.

In other news, the Centerville, Ohio Costco has chipotle Bitchin' Sauce these days and it is indeed good. I had a little more than usual yesterday and today my farts smell like Bitchin' Sauce.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
No cheezits!!! We are in a panic now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco clothes update.

The Kirkland jeans fit just fine. Perfect fit for my size. They're decent quality but maybe aren't the most fashionable. The Urban Star jeans are crazy. They are SUPER stretchy. Like, I had no idea jeans could stretch that much. It's crazy. They are super comfortable and fit great as well. The hiking pants are also great. Pretty durable. I got a large size and 30 length and it's just right. They also stretch of course. I got an XL Adidas shirt and it fits just like any other XL I can get from any other store. I was able to try the jacket on in the store and that XL was just fine too.

So, I got...
2 pair of decent quality jeans
2 pair of good quality hiking pants
1 standard brand name t-shirt
1 decent jacket

$91

The Adidas t-shirt alone could be $25-30.

That's pretty amazing.